Best College Football Team Ever

Who the hell did Miami beat?
How many top 10 teams did they beat?

Good lord they had one of the easiest path to win a National title.o_O

Reactions: Baxter48
Who the hell did Miami beat?
How many top 10 teams did they beat?

Good lord they had one of the easiest path to win a National title.o_O

Honestly, I would say half the time the 01 Canes were partying on Friday like it's 1999. And I know how to party.

dorka Meyer answer..

They beat 3 8-4 teams and Nebraska..Lame

Comprehend that.

I took a limo to the game in Pasadena, I agree to disagree.
tenor.gif

If you play with 1971 rules and officiating, Miami wouldn't have got 10 yards down the field. Blocking back then meant no grabbing of jerseys, they used to call fists full of jersey back in the day.... 2001 Miami wouldn't even know how to play the game.

1971 NEBRASKA also would have been at a strength disadvantage straight up. But that is because of all the revolution in S&C by era comparison. But....if the 1971 team had the same access to S&C and Miami the will to block and penetrate without a fist full of textile then I think it would be a heck of a game but I'd give the nod to Nebraska.

11 Nebraska All Americans vs. 6 for Miami

Then compare the SOS both teams played respective of their era and season.

Not even a contest really.

Edit: I still say 1971 was better than 1995, but the divide between the two I think is phyllo dough thin.

GO BIG RED!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred
2001 Miami who did they beat in the top 10 besides Nebraska..

Your off your rocker the 1971 Nebraska team had the best season in college football history and they can go hand in hand with 2019 LSU..
The 71 team would have no chance against LSU now. The size and strength of LSU now would kill that team. Just go look at the size of those players compared to now. The D-line would get pushed around like crazy and the O-line would get chewed up.

The 71 team would have no chance against LSU now. The size and strength of LSU now would kill that team. Just go look at the size of those players compared to now. The D-line would get pushed around like crazy and the O-line would get chewed up.

Best season ever means what the teams accomplished during that season and you can make a case for both.. I’m not comparing teams strength and speed 50 years ago..

Nebraska defense held their opponents to 252 yards a game 118 rushing yards per game and held opponents to 12.0 points per game and includes Oklahoma 35 points who at the time was the best offense in college football history at that time breaking NCAA rushing records.. The 1971 team Turnover margin was + 43 which was pretty impressive..

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinomatic
Best season ever means what the teams accomplished during that season and you can make a case for both.. I’m not comparing teams strength and speed 50 years ago..

Nebraska defense held their opponents to 252 yards a game 118 yards per game and held opponents to 12.0 points per game and includes Oklahoma 35 points who at the time was the best offense in college football history at that time breaking NCAA rushing records.. The 1971 team Turnover margin was + 43 which was pretty impressive..

That turnover margin is not impressive, it is insane. Factor in that they also played about 2-3 less games. Wow.

Reactions: scarletred
So says plenty, not just me

IT IS A HYPOTHETICAL ARGUMENT. You can't prove anything, you and your friend Plenty, are just stating an opinion. I say that Auburn team beats that Nebraska team. Prove me wrong.

2014 Oregon would have put up 547 yards and 45 points against Nebraska. Because I said they would. You can't prove me wrong. See pointless argument,

Nebraska defense held their opponents to 252 yards a game 118 rushing yards per game and held opponents to 12.0 points per game and includes Oklahoma 35 points who at the time was the best offense in college football history at that time breaking NCAA rushing records.. The 1971 team Turnover margin was + 43 which was pretty impressive..
That 71 Defense still holds an NCAA record of holding opponents to 2.3 yards per rush.

IT IS A HYPOTHETICAL ARGUMENT. You can't prove anything, you and your friend Plenty, are just stating an opinion. I say that Auburn team beats that Nebraska team. Prove me wrong.

2014 Oregon would have put up 547 yards and 45 points against Nebraska. Because I said they would. You can't prove me wrong. See pointless argument,

That 71 Defense still holds an NCAA record of holding opponents to 2.3 yards per rush.

What Auburn team and what is your pointless argument..

Nebraska would have bitch slapped Auburn in 1984 bowl game just like they did in 1982 at Auburn except Auburn would have scored more than once..

If you play with 1971 rules and officiating, Miami wouldn't have got 10 yards down the field. Blocking back then meant no grabbing of jerseys, they used to call fists full of jersey back in the day.... 2001 Miami wouldn't even know how to play the game.

1971 NEBRASKA also would have been at a strength disadvantage straight up. But that is because of all the revolution in S&C by era comparison. But....if the 1971 team had the same access to S&C and Miami the will to block and penetrate without a fist full of textile then I think it would be a heck of a game but I'd give the nod to Nebraska.

11 Nebraska All Americans vs. 6 for Miami

Then compare the SOS both teams played respective of their era and season.

Not even a contest really.

Edit: I still say 1971 was better than 1995, but the divide between the two I think is phyllo dough thin.

GO BIG RED!!!
I think ou with jack mildren would have beaten the 01 Miami with the 1971 rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT