ADVERTISEMENT

Best College Football Team Ever

I think it's just fresh on people's minds. They were good, but I think '01 Miami would have beaten that team, and '95 Nebraska would have smoked them.

I think you'd have to probably try to pick the best Alabama team Nick Saban ever coached (I think '17?) to find a team that, statistically, was similar to '95 Nebraska.

I've learned that LSU fans are touchy about this subject. Got into it on youtube with a few of them and said something to the effect of NU's top 12 rushers had a combined avg. of 7.2 yards a carry in 95. One of them replied "all that proves is they had a great offensive line". Yeah, that was kind of the point dummy. Lol

Reactions: scarletred
Canes. I was at the Rose Bowl. They were ridiculous. Basically shut down up 28-0.

Their NFL pedigree was second to none.

GBR
Congrats to their NFL pedigree. How they managed to do less with all that talent is anyone's guess.

I remember the 94 Canes having two future NFL HOFers on their defense and NU beat them down pretty good that night.

Reactions: Riled Up
I've learned that LSU fans are touchy about this subject. Got into it on youtube with a few of them and said something to the effect of NU's top 12 rushers had a combined avg. of 7.2 yards a carry in 95. One of them replied "all that proves is they had a great offensive line". Yeah, that was kind of the point dummy. Lol

Great everything. '95 would have pounded '19 LSU and I like '19 LSU.

Congrats to their NFL pedigree. How they managed to do less with all that talent is anyone's guess.

I remember the 94 Canes having two future NFL HOFers on their defense and NU beat them down pretty good that night.

Just my opinion, I saw every great Husker team 83 to date.

Outside of 95 and those Canes, think the USC team that beat Oklahoma down was stellar.

LSU this year was a different animal. The game has changed. Kinda like the NBA

When having this discussion I think you have to look at it with the perspective of who was most dominant in their time. This video may have been posted before but it gives a pretty good non biased breakdown.

Reactions: timnsun
The only problem 2001 Miami had was coasting when they were up IMO.

Hurt their chances All-Time.

I think it's just fresh on people's minds. They were good, but I think '01 Miami would have beaten that team, and '95 Nebraska would have smoked them.

I think you'd have to probably try to pick the best Alabama team Nick Saban ever coached (I think '17?) to find a team that, statistically, was similar to '95 Nebraska.
but they lost and we didn't.

Not to be a buzzkill, but these arguments are so pointless. Hypothetical arguments are such a waste of time. What if we play Akron, what if Martinez doesn't get hurt against Colorado, and so on and so on.

That 1945 Army team with Blanchard and Davis would have kicked any team's ass. Prove me wrong. See pointless.

Reactions: Nebraska_Reality
When having this discussion I think you have to look at it with the perspective of who was most dominant in their time. This video may have been posted before but it gives a pretty good non biased breakdown.

Great take put Saban's best team is in the Top 5 as well.

95 Nebraska
01 Canes
Leinart's best SC team
19 LSU
Saban's best Bama team

Sounds about right to me.

Not to be a buzzkill, but these arguments are so pointless. Hypothetical arguments are such a waste of time. What if we play Akron, what if Martinez doesn't get hurt against Colorado, and so on and so on.

That 1945 Army team with Blanchard and Davis would have kicked any team's ass. Prove me wrong. See pointless.

Those white boys wouldn't have stopped a yard of football against my Top 5.

Not pointless.

Great take put Saban's best team is in the Top 5 as well.

95 Nebraska
01 Canes
Leinart's best SC team
19 LSU
Saban's best Bama team

Sounds about right to me.

Get a history lesson Sonny,and look up the statistics of the 1971 team..

This is about the greatest season..

Who is to say that '95 Nebraska wouldn't have lost to #6 '17 Auburn at Auburn too?
That 95 squad through the years in it's prime wouldn't have lost to any the champions through today and would've smoke the majority of all of them. That team was a once in history team.

If played with 2019 rules 2019 LSU beats 1995 Nebraska

If played with 1995 rules 1995 Nebraska beats 2019 LSU.

Football is a completely different game in 2019 vs 1995.

LSUs defense never got tested. Ball-control. And how good was Clemson's defense?

Pretty damn good I would say.

Just don't bring up the 1945 or 1971 teams in this comparison. Jesus

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT