ADVERTISEMENT

Best Case/Worst Case scenario 2023.

salsa red

Junior
Dec 25, 2019
My prediction:

-best case is Pelini year 1. 9-4 with a win over a bowl win over a solid team and we throw a party where everyone gets laid.

-worst case is Frost year 1. 4-8 and we all have to join AA for our drinking problem and we're all on probation for domestic assault.

-most likely 6-7 or 7-6.

My prediction:

-best case is Pelini year 1. 9-4 with a win over a bowl win over a solid team and we throw a party where everyone gets laid.

-worst case is Frost year 1. 4-8 and we all have to join AA for our drinking problem and we're all on probation for domestic assault.

-most likely 6-7 or 7-6.
Is it possible to still get laid in the 2nd scenario? If so, can you make the edit?

If not ….

There Can Be Only One Highlander GIF

My prediction:

-most likely 6-7 or 7-6.
Absolutely no way we start 0-6. But you have to admit, the ending of frosts first year, everyone thought we were turning the corner, hope was strong. If Minnesota game is canceled to severe weather…the curse still exists

It will likely come down to their record in close games. I expect a bunch of close games this year. Frost was 5-22 in one score games, hopefully Rhule does much better.

Reactions: BleedRed78 and c3o
Best case is 10-2. Losses to Michigan and one other team like Wisconsin, Maryland or Illinois. I think that is within reach if we stay healthy.

Worst case is 3-8 with the two patsies up front and then Northwestern. This is also possible if Sims goes down and/or we get a rash of injuries to both lines. Starting 0-2 is a real possibility too since we have so many unknown factors.

Reactions: arf_man
Best case start 2-0. Finish the season 9-4 with a bowl win.

Worst case start 0-2. Finish the season 5-7 and miss a bowl game, again.
I can't fathom how winning one more game than any season since 2016...that is SIX YEARS would be worse case scenario. Winning one more game when losing starting qb, 80% of WR production, best linebacker, best secondary players, best d-lineman sounds likes a good scenario for year 1. This comparison is disgusting but Saban(Alabama) and Carroll(USC) won 5 games in their first season after taking over for dumpster fires. We have a VERY young team, in an era where kids aren't committed to programs for the 4 years. It is completely possible that any good young players that rise will quickly leave the program after being "developed" by Rhule. This is why the "development" bullshit is just that...we can't afford to be a development university and we can't afford anything worse than top 10 classes right now as our depth is completely garbage. The only hope for Rhule was to be exceptional at recruiting, somewhere around Cally, he isn't that kind of recruiter and developing a program with kids leaving to greener pastures is going to be much tougher than us lay fans think. NU won't be great again until we have another dynamic recruiter, we just threw 80 million at an average recruiter with no motivation to get better.

P.S I will watch every game, I hope I am wrong, I hope we play good football but the future of college football has moved hard away from development since Rhule last coached college.

7-5

3-1, then lose to mich, 3-2, lose to wisconsin, beat iowa

thats what Adam k said..seems bout right till we get more beef

Last edited:
I can't fathom how winning one more game than any season since 2016...that is SIX YEARS would be worse case scenario. Winning one more game when losing starting qb, 80% of WR production, best linebacker, best secondary players, best d-lineman sounds likes a good scenario for year 1. This comparison is disgusting but Saban(Alabama) and Carroll(USC) won 5 games in their first season after taking over for dumpster fires. We have a VERY young team, in an era where kids aren't committed to programs for the 4 years. It is completely possible that any good young players that rise will quickly leave the program after being "developed" by Rhule. This is why the "development" bullshit is just that...we can't afford to be a development university and we can't afford anything worse than top 10 classes right now as our depth is completely garbage. The only hope for Rhule was to be exceptional at recruiting, somewhere around Cally, he isn't that kind of recruiter and developing a program with kids leaving to greener pastures is going to be much tougher than us lay fans think. NU won't be great again until we have another dynamic recruiter, we just threw 80 million at an average recruiter with no motivation to get better.
:rolleyes:

Reactions: bigboxes

P.S I will watch every game, I hope I am wrong, I hope we play good football but the future of college football has moved hard away from development since Rhule last coached college.
You’re an iowa scum bag POS, so it makes sense that you’d watch every Nebraska game.

I'll take anything over 5 wins. As best case. Worst case 3-4 wins. I just need this season to get rolling this waiting is killing me.

My prediction:

-most likely 6-7 or 7-6.

Dims is a pretty good QB, give him dome yime he is accurate enough t o give good defensive teams problems, but like everyone else his efficiency drops off with pressure. But he is mobile enough to negate pressure against alot of teams. I think he is good enough to get a w at N that would not happen with a lesser QB. Not sure it can be Mich, but I don't see them as unbeatable, if you can slow down the run.

Dims is a pretty good QB, give him dome yime he is accurate enough t o give good defensive teams problems, but like everyone else his efficiency drops off with pressure. But he is mobile enough to negate pressure against alot of teams. I think he is good enough to get a w at N that would not happen with a lesser QB. Not sure it can be Mich, but I don't see them as unbeatable, if you can slow down the run.
please stop. Get a laptop or a iPad. something other than your phone and fat fingers.

Last edited:
Fvk is wrong with you, bruh? Proof that angel dust is still being used as a cutter on the streets of Grand Island.

1bc383740505bfe522980ccd2b8319ac.gif

1088347.gif

I jiust want to see a mean, fighting attitude. Guys flying to the ball on defense, smash-mouth run game on offense with 5.5 yards per carry, and zero bone-head plays on special teams.

Do this and 6-6 is in sight. And any city hosting a bowl game will be lining up to get Big Red to their town. Nebraska will pack the place.

You should have stopped after “I can’t fathom”.

That would have been your most accurate post ever on this board.

It takes more than a perfect recruiter. Location, amenities, NIL, ability to put players in the NFL, weather all play a role. Check out where the successful SEC teams are located. Yeah Michigan is probably an exception.

slasa, I was actually responding to BleedRed and his unfortunate dry spell of 5 years.

I'm almost 70 years old, my dry spell extends to the Callahan era.
after I posted that I saw, smooth brain moment.

And if thats the case you definitely need to visit vegas. Didn't Al Pacino have a kid at 80? Your boys still have some life left.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
after I posted that I saw, smooth brain moment.

And if thats the case you definitely need to visit vegas. Didn't Al Pacino have a kid at 80? Your boys still have some life left.
I've been to Vegas multiple times, actually lived there for awhile.
Wife threatened to have me arrested for assault with a dead weapon. (sigh)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT