ADVERTISEMENT

Best #6 in Husker history

I'll go with Sammy Sims, an All-Big 8 DB in the early '80s.

Like Russell Gary, I believe he also passed away recently.

Keith “ end zone “ Jones.

My first favorite Husker RB!! I loved how that dude looked in his uniform. The neck brace just always stood out. Back then I was huge on how guys looked in their "gear".

My all time top 3

1. Keith end zone Jones

2. Mike Croel

3. Broderick Thomas

I always thought those guys were so " fresh" in their Husker gear back in the late 80s.

Holla

My first favorite Husker RB!! I loved how that dude looked in his uniform. The neck brace just always stood out. Back then I was huge on how guys looked in their "gear".

My all time top 3

1. Keith end zone Jones

2. Mike Croel

3. Broderick Thomas

I always thought those guys were so " fresh" in their Husker gear back in the late 80s.

Holla
I thought the Sandman wore 89 and Croel was 88.

Reactions: spinner4
Keith "End Zone" Jones for me as well.

Honorable Mention...
- SE Kenny Cheatham
- P/OF Darin Erstad
- CB John Reece

Moments...
- In 2011, WR Tim Marlowe (Bo Pelini's nephew) and Jamal Turner split time in the slot. Turner always drew attention when he was on the field, even as a freshman. Well, against #9 Michigan State, we inserted Marlowe and ran a jet sweep with him, and he gained 39 yards to the MSU 1 to set up a... FG. The play is at 2:33 if it doesn't jump there initially...

- Also in 2011, DB Corey Cooper vomiting on the field at Wyoming. (Sorry, couldn't find a video or image of this.)
- In the 2014 Holiday Bowl, DB Corey Cooper vomiting on the field vs. USC.
pukeycorn.0.gif

Reactions: TFrazier
Keith "End Zone" Jones for me as well.

Honorable Mention...
- SE Kenny Cheatham
- P/OF Darin Erstad
- CB John Reece

Moments...
- In 2011, WR Tim Marlowe (Bo Pelini's nephew) and Jamal Turner split time in the slot. Turner always drew attention when he was on the field, even as a freshman. Well, against #9 Michigan State, we inserted Marlowe and ran a jet sweep with him, and he gained 39 yards to the MSU 1 to set up a... FG. The play is at 2:33 if it doesn't jump there initially...

- Also in 2011, DB Corey Cooper vomiting on the field at Wyoming. (Sorry, couldn't find a video or image of this.)
- In the 2014 Holiday Bowl, DB Corey Cooper vomiting on the field vs. USC.
pukeycorn.0.gif

I believe I felt a little sick after that loss. :(

I will also go with Keith “End Zone” Jones. I know the Huskers lost the game to OU in 1987 but he had a sweet touchdown run!! Winking

keith-jonesrunning-back-for-the-university-of-nebraska-cornhuskers-picture-id1092121798

Have a basketball story relating to Sammy Sims. I was playing a pickup game in the old coliseum. It was 8 football players and me and my roommate. I was guarding Sims, which was something of a joke, as he was quick as lightning and I...well, wasn't. One of the differences in playing pick up games with NU football players and NU basketball players is that the football players didn't talk. I was entirely focused on Sims and no one called out a pick set by one center (football, not basketball) named Dave Rimington. I hit him at a weird angle as I was trying to stay with Sims' crossover dribble. I managed to finish the game and then went out one of the side doors, thinking I was going to puke. I didn't, but I was sore for three days. I'm pretty sure my gall bladder has been somewhere just above my left knee since that collision.

I thought the Sandman wore 89 and Croel was 88.

They did....this was my top 3 "fresh in uniform" guys. Broderick was 89 and Croel 88. Although earlier n their career both wore different numbers. I THINK Thomas wore 82 in his freshman year and Croel wore 83 in his freshman year...I THINK lol.

I wasn't clear in my first point though.

Holla

ADVERTISEMENT