ADVERTISEMENT

Best #10 in Husker history

I agree with @rrthusker:

- All-American Safety Bret Clark
- Rover Mike Minter, 10-year NFL veteran and fill-in at LB after Terrell Farley was booted off the team.
- IB Roy Helu Jr, school record holder for most rushing yards in a single game (307 vs. Missouri, Oct. 30, 2010).

Honorable Mention...
- QB Keithen McCant
- WR JD Spielman, #3 All-Time in Receptions and Receiving Yards.
- WR Jamal Turner. Never seemed to reach his full potential.
- QB Jammal Lord. He may not have been the best QB, but he was dominant with his legs and a tough competitor.
- CB Charles Fryar

Moments...
- Jammal Lord, 2002 vs. Texas. He was the main reason we were in the game at the end. Amazing running performance. Then the interception to end the game when we were down 3 with under a minute left and in the red zone after DeJuan Groce's punt return.
- Bernard Thomas saying he was going to break all the sack records.
- Jamal Turner's first spring game.
- Jamal Turner's TD called back by penalty in the 2012 Big Ten CCG against Wisconsin (well, that's more of a Kenny Bell moment).

I agree with @rrthusker:

- All-American Safety Bret Clark
- Rover Mike Minter, 10-year NFL veteran and fill-in at LB after Terrell Farley was booted off the team.
- IB Roy Helu Jr, school record holder for most rushing yards in a single game (307 vs. Missouri, Oct. 30, 2010).

Honorable Mention...
- QB Keithen McCant
- WR JD Spielman, #3 All-Time in Receptions and Receiving Yards.
- WR Jamal Turner. Never seemed to reach his full potential.
- QB Jammal Lord. He may not have been the best QB, but he was dominant with his legs and a tough competitor.
- CB Charles Fryar

Moments...
- Jammal Lord, 2002 vs. Texas. He was the main reason we were in the game at the end. Amazing running performance. Then the interception to end the game when we were down 3 with under a minute left and in the red zone after DeJuan Groce's punt return.
- Bernard Thomas saying he was going to break all the sack records.
- Jamal Turner's first spring game.
- Jamal Turner's TD called back by penalty in the 2012 Big Ten CCG against Wisconsin (well, that's more of a Kenny Bell moment).

Krunk Juice!

I'll pick Bret Clark by a whisker over Minter and Helu, mainly because he anchored a defense that was short on speed at some positions.

I think Keithan McCant falls into the same category as Gerry Gdowski. Just imagine how good their careers could have been if they started multiple years? Winking

5b8383cda8b87.image.jpg

I believe Jamal Turner caught the game winning TD against Michigan State in 2012. Awesome moment and comeback.

Jammal Lord was damn good but had an awful supporting cast at times. Wasn't much of a thrower but actually has the record for most rushing yards in a season by a QB... not Crouch, not Frost, not Martinez, but Jammal Lord. Lord was pretty inconsistent, but often times in 2002 we would get behind and he would have to pass. The defense was better in 2003 and Lord played a lot better... even though fans were clamoring for Joe Dailey.

I would give it to Mike Minter, then Roy Helu Jr. That Missouri game was legendary.

Reactions: saluno22
I believe Jamal Turner caught the game winning TD against Michigan State in 2012. Awesome moment and comeback.

Jammal Lord was damn good but had an awful supporting cast at times. Wasn't much of a thrower but actually has the record for most rushing yards in a season by a QB... not Crouch, not Frost, not Martinez, but Jammal Lord. Lord was pretty inconsistent, but often times in 2002 we would get behind and he would have to pass. The defense was better in 2003 and Lord played a lot better... even though fans were clamoring for Joe Dailey.

I would give it to Mike Minter, then Roy Helu Jr. That Missouri game was legendary.
Forgot about the Michigan State game winner from Turner, thanks for the reminder!

This one is difficult. Bret Clark,Mike Minter and Roy Helu Jr.are all worthy candidates.There are a few others too. Thoughts?
Probably MInter for me just for the rings baby. Tough choice though. Clark was tremendous. I still remember people bitching about Callahan taking him given the 40 time that was listed at the time on Rivals. Seems like he was listed at 4.8 when he committed. Callahan knew better. People can say what they like about Callahan. He brought in some tremendous talent everywhere but a couple of spots on his defensive staff.

I think Keithan McCant falls into the same category as Gerry Gdowski. Just imagine how good their careers could have been if they started multiple years? Winking

5b8383cda8b87.image.jpg

Keithen was a smooth operator.

Wasn't the normal quick and decisive QB that TO kind of demanded in those days for his offense. Keithen was kind of his own natural worker of things. Smooth as silk. He would have flourished in today's age of college football.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT