ADVERTISEMENT

Benning Says Nebraska Needs To Accept They Are A Developmental Program

Michigan won head to head and represented the Big 10 that is the point…
WOW

didn’t know that

unbelievably pathetic to claim a share of the conf title with a team that beat you on the field

the lengths B1G fans go to make you think their irrelevant and wretched programs have even the tiniest sliver of history is so ridiculous I almost feel bad for being 100% correct about them

almost

Yes Frost has sucked (Riley too) and his dismal results the last few years have skewed the numbers big time. You could also pick a different random number like 25 and we are better.

Still everything I said is true, Iowa is Pelini Light, nothing more, with no hope of more. And I think you know it, which is why you are here posting about how bad Nebraska is, in an attempt to feel better about it.
Iowa stands strong on their own merits. You know it too-- which is why it's created the reactions from you and others here...a program that's done well a long time and you wondering why you can't. I'd be troubled by it too. This entire thread started about Nebraska needing to recognize there are a developmental program according to Benning-- but many of you instead couldn't help turning it into an opportunity to try bashing your school of envy.

And yes, Iowans hammer on Nebraska's plight just because much of the NU fanbase is some of the worst anywhere. This has been shared by numerous Wisconsin and Minnesota fans too-- even Iowa State fans going way back. You reap what you sew and ultimately it comes back around.

Iowa stands strong on their own merits. You know it too-- which is why it's created the reactions from you and others here...a program that's done well a long time and you wondering why you can't. I'd be troubled by it too. This entire thread started about Nebraska needing to recognize there are a developmental program according to Benning-- but many of you instead couldn't help turning it into an opportunity to try bashing your school of envy.

And yes, Iowans hammer on Nebraska's plight just because much of the NU fanbase is some of the worst anywhere. This has been shared by numerous Wisconsin and Minnesota fans too-- even Iowa State fans going way back. You reap what you sew and ultimately it comes back around.
For the thousandth time - what merits?

iowa hasn’t won anything, ever

only in the B1G can someone be so staunch a supporter of a program whose coach has been there for 30 years and has nothing to show for it

this thread has shone a huge spotlight on your dearth of accomplishments and the daddy issues watching Nebraska Football climb to the pinnacle 3x has caused on the smelly, dirty, empty trophy case side of the river

get help, dumbfvck

only in the B1G can someone be so staunch a supporter of a program whose coach has been there for 30 years and has nothing to show for it

this thread has shone a huge spotlight on your dearth of accomplishments and the daddy issues watching Nebraska Football climb to the pinnacle 3x has caused on the smelly, dirty, empty trophy case side of the river

get help, dumbfvck
Continuing to live inside your head is dangerous for you. Sometimes best to take your medicine and walk away.

You reap what you sew and ultimately it comes back around.
Lol……what do you sew???

Read carefully, left to right and slowly if necessary and know I only speak for myself, my issue with iowa fans is that the majority I have come across were intellectually dishonest aholes prior to 2015 when Nebraska owned the head to head, was at least as good or better most seasons 2002-2014 and vastly superior 1962-2001. Had you jagoffs been better losers maybe I’d be inclined to accept you better since iowa has been winning the head to head games against Nebraska.

I am looking forward to the racist iowa program settling with their former players and the meltdown that will ensue….

Is it true iowa has only beaten 2 Nebraska teams with winning records in the last 40 years?

based on all the chest pounding I see from the cucks who read/hear every word written/spoken about Nebraska Football, you’d think there would be something - anything - resembling an actual achievement behind it

but, nope. not a single one. fascinating

Is it true iowa has only beaten 2 Nebraska teams with winning records in the last 40 years?

based on all the chest pounding I see from the cucks who read/hear every word written/spoken about Nebraska Football, you’d think there would be something - anything - resembling an actual achievement behind it

but, nope. not a single one. fascinating
iowa fans biggest issue is, no fan base in college football views iowa football in the same light as iowa fans view their program. They are constantly looking for other fan bases to give their program the props they think it deserves instead of what it actually deserves based on facts and stats. In short, they hold other fan bases to a standard they do not hold themselves to.
Here’s the truth as it stands, other fan bases think the current state of Nebraska football is abysmal which is the same as most Nebraska fans think. On the other hand, other fan bases think the current state of iowa football is a very good program (racism scandal aside) that currently wins 8-10 games playing a very soft non conference schedule and sometimes upsetting a team they’re not favored against but also losing on the biggest stages (conference championship and bowl games) while iowa fans think iowa football is on the cusp of beating teams like Georgia or Alabama consistently….

They are constantly looking for other fan bases to give their program the props they think it deserves
Bro, look at your posting history. You ONLY post in Iowa related threads. Way to give Iowa fans exactly what they want. Iowa stays living in your head 24/7 365.

See you in the next Iowa thread. Or on the Iowa board where you repeatedly get banned and keep coming back with new screennames. That’s a thing you do. How do fellow Husker fans feel about that? Do they think you’re a real winner behaving the way you do?

Bro, look at your posting history. You ONLY post in Iowa related threads. Way to give Iowa fans exactly what they want. Iowa stays living in your head 24/7 365.

See you in the next Iowa thread. Or on the Iowa board where you repeatedly get banned and keep coming back with new screennames. That’s a thing you do. How do fellow Husker fans feel about that? Do they think you’re a real winner behaving the way you do?
if true, extremely lame

very iowa fan thing to do

Lol…..I’m not on the husker board East. While you’re here at least provide some subject matter and give me your honest assessment of the iowa football program and because I already know how iowa fans skirt the subject, give me your assessment of the iowa program in relation to all of college football not just in relation to Nebraska football. I have a feeling I’ll be waiting a while, I asked for an honest assessment and that will put iowa fan in a bind.

Reactions: Rick.Shaw
if true, extremely lame

very iowa fan thing to do
You’ll notice he didn’t argue with my points about iowa fans. I’m the boogey man to those losers, they think every poster posing as a Nebraska fan on the husker board East is me. It’s pretty amusing.

Thank you for your continued envy and obsession.

Still waiting on those “accomplishments” you are so proud of BTW.

get help, dumbfvck
I disagree with the notion that if you don't win the National Championship, then you've accomplished nothing. I disagree with the notion that every team is a failure except the National Champion.

It's much better to be in contention throughout the year and to have a good record....than to be a terrible bottom-feeder.

I disagree with the notion that if you don't win the National Championship, then you've accomplished nothing. I disagree with the notion that every team is a failure except the National Champion.

It's much better to be in contention throughout the year and to have a good record....than to be a terrible bottom-feeder.
Thanks captain obvious. Every Nebraska fan would rather Nebraska win 8-10 games than have a losing season, but without a conference championship winning 8-10 games a season is nothing to gloat about, especially on another teams board, that’s the point. A strong case can be made supporting an argument that the bigten west is among the weakest divisions in P5 football.

Of course you disagree. Your team hasn’t been in contention for 60+ years.

I agree, only one team wins the national title but that doesn’t mean teams had failure season unless you don’t make a bowl with a losing record….

10 win season are still pretty special and accomplishment…

Of course you disagree. Your team hasn’t been in contention for 60+ years.
My team was in contention 2 years ago (3 years ago if you count the lockdown partial-season). Wasn't eliminated from Playoff contention until the last game of the regular season.

But you ripping my team is a distraction tactic for your faulty arguments. Success/failure is not measured only by National Championships.

Reactions: Ree4
My team was in contention 2 years ago (3 years ago if you count the lockdown partial-season). Wasn't eliminated from Playoff contention until the last game of the regular season.

But you ripping my team is a distraction tactic for your faulty arguments. Success/failure is not measured only by National Championships.
did your team even play for a conference title 2/3 years ago?

listen, if you want to pound your chest for "almost matching Kansas's best season", that's up to you. I'll never stop making fun of it & calling it what it is (pathetic).

in order to say you've won something, you have to, you know, actually win something.

"Welcome to minnesota, where we once won the capital one bowl!" LOL

did your team even play for a conference title 2/3 years ago?

listen, if you want to pound your chest for "almost matching Kansas's best season", that's up to you. I'll never stop making fun of it & calling it what it is (pathetic).

in order to say you've won something, you have to, you know, actually win something.

"Welcome to minnesota, where we once won the capital one bowl!" LOL
Every bigten west fan base except Wisconsin and Nebraska are super impressed with themselves when their team “almost” accomplishes something impressive.

there's a difference between the leadership (temporal) , and nebraska football itself...
this may help put it in perspective....

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedRed78
I agree, only one team wins the national title but that doesn’t mean teams had failure season unless you don’t make a bowl with a losing record….

This. It would be like saying Nebraska didn’t accomplish anything in 2001 because they didn’t win/play for a conference title and didn’t win the national title.

Iowa has averaged almost 9 wins a season the last 8 years (not including 2020 when they probably would have won 10). Being 6-1 in Kinnick in the last 7 games against top 10 teams is an accomplishment. Handing Urban Meyer the largest defeat in his career is an accomplishment. Being inches away from the CFP is an accomplishment.

I’m also 100% positive that Bennings comments are being completely missed here. His point was nothing about Nebraska being in Iowa’s head. He was pleading with the Husker coaches to have a better culture. The example of the Husker game last year was exactly what he was talking about.

Look no further than Scott Frost in post game saying “we knew the game was over after the blocked punt”. How the hell can you think that when you’re at home with the ball and the lead in the fourth quarter? It’s not bad luck that Nebraska sucks in close games.

This. It would be like saying Nebraska didn’t accomplish anything in 2001 because they didn’t win/play for a conference title and didn’t win the national title.

Iowa has averaged almost 9 wins a season the last 8 years (not including 2020 when they probably would have won 10). Being 6-1 in Kinnick in the last 7 games against top 10 teams is an accomplishment. Handing Urban Meyer the largest defeat in his career is an accomplishment. Being inches away from the CFP is an accomplishment.

I’m also 100% positive that Bennings comments are being completely missed here. His point was nothing about Nebraska being in Iowa’s head. He was pleading with the Husker coaches to have a better culture. The example of the Husker game last year was exactly what he was talking about.

Look no further than Scott Frost in post game saying “we knew the game was over after the blocked punt”. How the hell can you think that when you’re at home with the ball and the lead in the fourth quarter? It’s not bad luck that Nebraska sucks in close games.
2001 Nebraska didn't accomplish anything. they fell short of their goals.

just like iowa every year, well, ever

C'mon Damon. Study up on NU history bro. We were in this same spot in the 40s and 50s. I love your contributions to NU, but have you looked over our history?

Damon, early 1920s NU should have made a claim on a national title; we wrecked ND's famed 4 horsemen.

An 8-10 win type season is an accomplishment a normal fan base would celebrate on its own home message board, unless of course your an Iowa fan and obsessed with big brother in Lincoln.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT