ADVERTISEMENT

Benning Says Nebraska Needs To Accept They Are A Developmental Program

They do make some valid points. Like no matter how well another team does, Husker fans don't give them any credit. No credit is ever given except to Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio State. Everybody else stinks.

And Nebraska fans did think that they would waltz in and dominate in the Big Ten. That is the truth.
Trying to lump shitty Minnesota or iowa teams in with those programs proves what a delusional fool you are.

Neither have ever or will ever be contenders.

Win something that anybody actually cares about or stfu.

Trying to lump shitty Minnesota or iowa teams in with those programs proves what a delusional fool you are.

Neither have ever or will ever be contenders.

Win something that anybody actually cares about or stfu.
Like I said...you dismiss all other teams & opinions unless we win the National Championship. As winning the Big Ten outright over Ohio State & all others means we're the National Championship favorite...or real close.

Why is there no room for saying another team is good or very good? Instead of shitty.

Reactions: Ree4
Like I said...you dismiss all other teams & opinions unless we win the National Championship. As winning the Big Ten outright over Ohio State & all others means we're the National Championship favorite...or real close.

Why is there no room for saying another team is good or very good? Instead of shitty.
There is plenty of room

with fans of other loser shitty programs

• Haha
Reactions: WhiskeyDick
Imagine getting the boys together over a few spritzers and reminiscing about that magical 2-loss season

or letting your imagination run wild pondering what it could possibly be like to win a conference title, much less the big one

or that year where we claim a conference title even though our team got beat by the ones we “shared” it with

lol could never be us

Imagine getting the boys together over a few spritzers and reminiscing about that magical 2-loss season

or letting your imagination run wild pondering what it could possibly be like to win a conference title, much less the big one

or that year where we claim a conference title even though our team got beat by the ones we “shared” it with

lol could never be us
Well it wouldn't be reminiscing about ancient times. We still have the same coach, who appears to have us on an upswing. We even still have the same quarterback from that team.

Well it wouldn't be reminiscing about ancient times. We still have the same coach, who appears to have us on an upswing. We even still have the same quarterback from that team.
to be clear:

you're saying it's less pathetic if your crowning achievement (magical 2-loss season, didn't win division) happened more recently?

and you really have to ask why we think you and everyone you've ever known and rooted for is a loser?

as a Developmental Program, I would greatly appreciate if we get up by 7 on north western,
there's no going to disney land dancing.. the gridiron is not, not a disco

to be clear:

you're saying it's less pathetic if your crowning achievement (magical 2-loss season, didn't win division) happened more recently?

and you really have to ask why we think you and everyone you've ever known and rooted for is a loser?
Yes...having a 2-loss season very recently is less pathetic than sucking for 50 years like we did before Fleck.

A 1-loss season can win the National Championship, so it's not like 2 is so far out of it. I've never mentioned this, I'm not making excuses...but we did lose that last regular season game in an extreme blizzard. When our passing attack was our strength.

• Haha
Reactions: headcard
Any chance that Frost will be held to the same standards that the coaches of other programs are held to in this thread?

fingers crossed for that breakthrough 7 or 8 win season in year 5

giphy.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: IowaHogeyeDoosh
Any chance that Frost will be held to the same standards that the coaches of other programs are held to in this thread?

fingers crossed for that breakthrough 7 or 8 win season in year 5

giphy.gif
Lol….the coaches of the other teams discussed ITT stay as long as they choose although if they had five seasons like frost at Nebraska they would be approaching hot seat territory.

You didn't win the Big 10. You didn't even win a bad division. No one gives a shit.

Yeah we fell into a tie (at 7-2) on the last game of the season, in an extreme blizzard...and we were on the wrong end of the tiebreaker.
Seriously why the **** are you here talking Minnesota football? No one gives a shit similar to if I went to your board and exclusively tried to talk about the Huskers. Jesus.. Stop making excuses. You are sounding like a modern day Husker fan.

Seriously why the **** are you here talking Minnesota football? No one gives a shit similar to if I went to your board and exclusively tried to talk about the Huskers. Jesus.. Stop making excuses. You are sounding like a modern day Husker fan.
Minnesota has more national championships in football than Nebraska. Two more to be exact. If you're going off past accomplishments you have to look at the whole picture.

Yeah we fell into a tie (at 7-2) on the last game of the season, in an extreme blizzard...and we were on the wrong end of the tiebreaker.

Minnesota has more national championships in football than Nebraska. Two more to be exact. If you're going off past accomplishments you have to look at the whole picture.
Spit laugh gif…..we’ve got Iowa fans defending Minny fans, good stuff. The only thing either fan base hates more than each other is their big bro Nebraska……bbbbbwwwwwaaaaa……FTR, every Nebraska fan I know is aware of Iowa and Minnesotas successes pre 1961. I was alive for all of Nebraska’s greatness post 1960….doubt there’s any message board contributors from Iowa or Minnesota that were alive during Minnesotas NC years or Iowas “claimed” NC years.

We don't have to do anything moron. Go away and take the rest of your idiot buddies with you.
Ad hominem attacks. So classy. I am not a Minnesota fan. You said the most they've accomplished was a two-loss season. That's untrue. In fact, their history is better than that of Nebraska's when you look at the whole picture. Maybe know what you're talking about before spouting off. Just a thought.

Spit laugh gif…..we’ve got Iowa fans defending Minny fans, good stuff. The only thing either fan base hates more than each other is their big bro Nebraska……bbbbbwwwwwaaaaa……FTR, every Nebraska fan I know is aware of Iowa and Minnesotas successes pre 1961. I was alive for all of Nebraska’s greatness post 1960….doubt there’s any message board contributors from Iowa or Minnesota that were alive during Minnesotas NC years or Iowas “claimed” NC years.
Big bro. You haven't been relevant in over 15 years. That's some funny stuff.

Big bro. You haven't been relevant in over 15 years. That's some funny stuff.
Yep Iowa is little bro, that’s the thing, little bros like Iowa can win some games, but they’ll never supplant big bro unless they can match or exceed big bros greatness at least Minny fans can claim some legit NCs albeit 60plus years ago…. If it weren’t true Iowa fans would never come to a Minnesota fans defense and Nebraska threads wouldn’t be all over the Iowa board. You act like little bros and are acknowledged as such. Thanks for stopping by little bro.

And who did they beat in a bowl game winning those national championships??

Yea in the 1934, 1935 and 1936 during the leather helmet one platoon football era.

They were rewarded a national title for losing a bowl game.. So we should claim 1983 being ranked #1 till the missed the 2 point conversion and losing the bowl game..

Gophers National titles are watered down leather helmet no face mask one platoon football never won a bowl game joke…

Yea in the 1934, 1935 and 1936 during the leather helmet one platoon football era.

They were rewarded a national title for losing a bowl game.. So we should claim 1983 being ranked #1 till the missed the 2 point conversion and losing the bowl game..

Gophers National titles are watered down leather helmet no face mask one platoon football never won a bowl game joke…
Like I said, I was simply correcting the record...but you guys just can't let it go.

Minnesota is 2 National Championships up on Nebraska...so even if you don't count 1 or 2, we're still ahead or tied with you.

And talk about a pure luck National Championship...that illegal AND super-lucky kick in 1997 vs Missouri is what gave you a tie with Michigan. Your guy Wiggins even admitted he kicked it on purpose.

I have stayed out of these tic for tac deals but tell me what difference it makes in what they wore or how they played the game in those days. Wasn't that the game at that time and isn't that how everyone played? What am I missing? Just because it was a different Era, isn't a win still a win and a championship still a championship?

Why even engage a fan from another team about happened so far in the past? We are what our record says we are, it doesn't matter what we did 20 years ago if you are comparing to today - same thing.

Like I said, I was simply correcting the record...but you guys just can't let it go.

Minnesota is 2 National Championships up on Nebraska...so even if you don't count 1 or 2, we're still ahead or tied with you.

And talk about a pure luck National Championship...that illegal AND super-lucky kick in 1997 vs Missouri is what gave you a tie with Michigan. Your guy Wiggins even admitted he kicked it on purpose.
How do you figure Minnesota up two National championships? If your counting 1960 Nebraska should count 1983..

At least Nebraska won their title games on the field in a bowl type setting.. Minnesota can’t make that claim..

And the fact is the very first AP poll was in 1936 and to this day no one has won 3 national titles and they’ve been saying that every time a team has won back to back..

I have stayed out of these tic for tac deals but tell me what difference it makes in what they wore or how they played the game in those days. Wasn't that the game at that time and isn't that how everyone played? What am I missing? Just because it was a different Era, isn't a win still a win and a championship still a championship?

Why even engage a fan from another team about happened so far in the past? We are what our record says we are, it doesn't matter what we did 20 years ago if you are comparing to today - same thing.
We’re talking about the past because the Rodent brought up leather helmet national titles and no Gopher team has won a post season game to win the national title…

Check the history out maybe that is what your missing..
I rest my case..

How do you figure Minnesota up two National championships? If your counting 1960 Nebraska should count 1983..

At least Nebraska won their title games on the field in a bowl type setting.. Minnesota can’t make that claim..

And the fact is the very first AP poll was in 1936 and to this day no one has won 3 national titles and they’ve been saying that every time a team has won back to back..
The extreme lengths B1G fan must go to even get recognition as “almost having a season as good as Kansas” is laugh out loud pathetic.

We’re talking about the past because the Rodent brought up leather helmet national titles and no Gopher team has won a post season game to win the national title…

Check the history out maybe that is what your missing..
I rest my case..
I guess I dont care if they were wearing diapers when they played. Everyone was the same in said periods of time. If they were awarded a NC, so be it. That's the way it was in those days.

I guess I dont care if they were wearing diapers when they played. Everyone was the same in said periods of time. If they were awarded a NC, so be it. That's the way it was in those days.
Sorry you don’t know the difference between one and two platoon football and actually playing in a national championship game or playing a game to winning the national championship..

Reactions: BleedRed78

Nebraska has 6 unclaimed National Championships. If we counted titles like many other schools, we would have 11.

Sorry you don’t know the difference between one and two platoon football and actually playing in a national championship game or playing a game to winning the national championship..
Uh, I know the difference. I have coached. The context was based on the period of time. So does winning a NC if you wore leather helmets like everyone else mean less than winning one with plastic helmets or now with air helmets?

You win in your era doing it like everyone else, only better, no matter the helmets, game rules, formations, platoon systems and other things of the day that every team did.

And guess what, there was no social media, internet, computer monitoring of players and even NIL then!

Reactions: TheWayITellEm
Uh, I know the difference. I have coached. The context was based on the period of time. So does winning a NC if you wore leather helmets like everyone else mean less than winning one with plastic helmets or now with air helmets?

You win in your era doing it like everyone else, only better, no matter the helmets, game rules, formations, platoon systems and other things of the day that every team did.

And guess what, there was no social media, internet, computer monitoring of players and even NIL then!
1940 Stanford went unbeaten and beat Nebraska just as Minnesota did yet they actually played in the Rose Bowl game and won when did Minnesota ever have to win a game at seasons end against a bowl opponent..

Two of their so called national title teams lost and during the regular season to the Big 10 Champ Northwestern in 1936 Minnesota didn’t even win the Big 10 that year and in 1960 they lost to Washington in the Rose Bowl which I have mentioned numerous times…

You left that part out of your discussion…

1940 Stanford went unbeaten and beat Nebraska just as Minnesota did yet they actually played in the Rose Bowl game and won when did Minnesota ever have to win a game at seasons end against a bowl opponent..

Two of their so called national title teams lost and during the regular season to the Big 10 Champ Northwestern in 1936 Minnesota didn’t even win the Big 10 that year and in 1960 they lost to Washington in the Rose Bowl which I have mentioned numerous times…

You left that part out of your discussion…
You see, I didn't have a "discussion". My point, which is apparently lost on you is that a championship is a championship. They were determined differently for many years, so what, that was the system then. Who cares who, how or when but if the records show they won a NC, I could care less, go at it all day long. with the other teams, won't change a thing. It is what it is.

I am guessing some people think our Championships are tainted as well, who cares, we are listed as a Champion in some poll, just like Minnesota and whoever else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT