ADVERTISEMENT

Benning Says Nebraska Needs To Accept They Are A Developmental Program

In the end, replies here substantiate the fact NU fanatics struggle greatly with what Iowa has achieved for the past 20 years vs. NU. Not 2 months or 2 years...........20 years running now overall. in Iowa, the NU fan base has become the Iowa State fan base as to their venom vs. Iowa. Good job!
Can you please list your “achievements” over the last 20 years?

I can’t think of one

In the end, replies here substantiate the fact NU fanatics struggle greatly with what Iowa has achieved for the past 20 years vs. NU. Not 2 months or 2 years...........20 years running now overall. in Iowa, the NU fan base has become the Iowa State fan base as to their venom vs. Iowa. Good job!
Your mentioning what Ioway has achieved for the past 20 years vs NU. So your trying to compare Ioway success over Nebraska when Nebraska has had their worst stretch of seasons ( 7 years) since Bill Jennings years..

So all your pointing out is how bad we have been recently but keep this in mind since Ferentz was hired Ioway record is 178-110 and Nebraska is 177-113 so as bad as we have become during this time frame Ioway bearly better than Nebraska and Ioway only has one Major bowl New Years6 win to show for it..

We don't give a **** of what Iowa has done. The only teams we are jealous of are MSU, Wisconsin, OSU and Michigan. They've actually won something, Iowa has not. We were Iowa under Bo Pelini. Win 8-9 games and 0 titles. No one wants that. Most teams would strive to achieve something.
Strive to achieve...4 wins, for example?

Your mentioning what Ioway has achieved for the past 20 years vs NU. So your trying to compare Ioway success over Nebraska when Nebraska has had their worst stretch of season since Bill Jennings years..

So all your pointing out is how bad we are recently but keep this in mind since Ferentz was hired Ioway record is 178-110 and Nebraska is 177-113 so as bad as we have become during this time frame Ioway bearly better than Nebraska and Ioway only has one Major bowl New Years6 win to show for it..
Bad years (decades) count too, bruh.

Reactions: rucker4
I won so much money when that pussy kurt ferentz swallowed his own shriveled testicals and punted against kentucky when gaining 2 inches would’ve locked up the best win of his career

lmao classic iowa

“at least we got there!” They’ll say

bet the capital one bowl runner up banner looks great in the practice barn next to all the other non-achievement memorials!

I won so much money when that pussy kurt ferentz swallowed his own shriveled testicals and punted against kentucky when gaining 2 inches would’ve locked up the best win of his career

lmao classic iowa

“at least we got there!” They’ll say

bet the capital one bowl runner up banner looks great in the practice barn next to all the other non-achievement memorials!
Ok this year you should tell us how you bet BEFORE the games. Not after.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Apparently it's working. 7 straight, 8 of the last 9, overall and conference records superior for Iowa for the past 20+ years. those are just facts. Not ego, not debate, not conjecture......just bottom line undisputed facts.

Damon Benning played the game for NU, he's got more invested in the program than your fandom ever will. Understand what he's trying to say here; his frustration, and how he basically analyzes why there's a difference between the two programs.

Exactly. Obsessing over Nebraska and using our current struggles to feel better about your lifetime of irrelevance. Iowa gonna Iowa. You really think DB or any Nebraska fan envies a thing about your mediocracy? Hint, the answer is no.

I promise we do not care at all about what Iowa has "achieved" over the last 20 years? I honestly did not know Iowa "achieved" much of anything. But you obviously care a lot about Nebraska's recent struggles, hence your continued obsession.

BTW, over the last 25 years (my random number). Nebraska has a better record than Iowa.

I bet last year's UNL team would have loved to be mediocre.
You mean the best 3-win team in history?

Nothing we do is mediocre. That’s your department, cuck

can one of you inbreds please list, in detail, iowa’s “achievements” over the past 20 years? we all could use another big laugh to send us into the weekend!

Last edited:
Apparently it's working. 7 straight, 8 of the last 9, overall and conference records superior for Iowa for the past 20+ years. those are just facts. Not ego, not debate, not conjecture......just bottom line undisputed facts.

Damon Benning played the game for NU, he's got more invested in the program than your fandom ever will. Understand what he's trying to say here; his frustration, and how he basically analyzes why there's a difference between the two programs.
Yes, this is it! I remember on the radio, after another horrible Husker loss, traveling to Hastings,Steve Taylor, former Qback, said a rebuild would take 8yrs! I was stunned! And he also said, that he sees lots of Qbacks playing & he could recruit better! A rebuild of yr to yr is necessary! The NU Admin & football coaches together have been nonfunctional! With new better coaches now, Coach Frost out of the way, we have a chance to get better!

No surprises ITT. iowa fans are the worst, they were sh1t fans when Nebraska was up 8 wins to 2 from the late 70s through 2014 and they’ve been sh1t fans since winning 2015-present, at least they’re consistent I guess.

Benning knew what he was doing when he made his comments, he needs listeners and he knew this would get attention.

The way a team and conference can be judged is by where teams finish at the end of the season, if the conference is worth anything, the conference champion will finish inside the final top 5. iowa has one outright bigten conference championship and several shared since 1961 and yet from 1961 to present not one top 5 finish.

There are many teams that have won 8-10 games a season since 2017 and I would take any of their records over Nebraska’s in that time frame.

It’s hilarious to read iowa fan comments lording iowa’s somewhat better history over ISU fans and then reading those same iowa fans comments when Nebraska fans point out Nebraska’s vastly superior history over iowa, and don’t kid yourself that’s what it’s all about. POS iowa fans can dish it out, but cry like a bunch of pvssies when they’re on the receiving end.

Hard to believe there is a worse fan base than Colorado or KSU, but iowa fans are hands down the worst.

Not to be a realist here and undermine the quality trash talk but here goes.

Iowa is a consistent bowl game team with the occasional outside shot at a conference title or rose bowl appearance.

Nebraska has in 2 decades gone from title contender, to consistent winning team, to now a losing program with losing seasons in what is it? 6 out of the last 7 seasons now?

I'd love to be where Iowa is at right now. Not as a destination but a stepping stone to get to what I believe our ceiling is. A BIG 10 west favorite every year with the ability to take a BIG 10 championship or make a playoff run with an elite QB.

One step at a time though. A bowl game and a win vs Iowa this year would be a great start.

GBR!

Iowa is a consistent bowl game team with the occasional outside shot at a conference title or rose bowl appearance.

Nebraska has in 2 decades gone from title contender, to consistent winning team, to now a losing program with losing seasons in what is it? 6 out of the last 7 seasons now?

I'd love to be where Iowa is at right now. Not as a destination but a stepping stone to get to what I believe our ceiling is. A BIG 10 west favorite every year with the ability to take a BIG 10 championship or make a playoff run with an elite QB.

One step at a time though. A bowl game and a win vs Iowa this year would be a great start.

GBR!

It has not been two decades since we have consistently had Iowa results, it’s been 5 years. They are a consistent 7-9 win team. Pelini Light.

No surprises ITT. iowa fans are the worst, they were sh1t fans when Nebraska was up 8 wins to 2 from the late 70s through 2014 and they’ve been sh1t fans since winning 2015-present, at least they’re consistent I guess.

Benning knew what he was doing when he made his comments, he needs listeners and he knew this would get attention.

The way a team and conference can be judged is by where teams finish at the end of the season, if the conference is worth anything, the conference champion will finish inside the final top 5. iowa has one outright bigten conference championship and several shared since 1961 and yet from 1961 to present not one top 5 finish.

There are many teams that have won 8-10 games a season since 2017 and I would take any of their records over Nebraska’s in that time frame.

It’s hilarious to read iowa fan comments lording iowa’s somewhat better history over ISU fans and then reading those same iowa fans comments when Nebraska fans point out Nebraska’s vastly superior history over iowa, and don’t kid yourself that’s what it’s all about. POS iowa fans can dish it out, but cry like a bunch of pvssies when they’re on the receiving end.

Hard to believe there is a worse fan base than Colorado or KSU, but iowa fans are hands down the worst.
In the minds of fanatics, ALL fans of a school who regularly beat you are the worst.

GBR!
Well said. You're a realist. You've put your ego aside (something most Husker fans can't) as did Benning and look reality square in the eye and see the program for what it is today and things needing to be done to be better and get to Iowa's level. Just a very hard concept for many NU fans to grasp. It's why the bitterness over here has been so strong as the realization of the "want to be vs. what we actually are" is like a withdrawl .

Your mentioning what Ioway has achieved for the past 20 years vs NU. So your trying to compare Ioway success over Nebraska when Nebraska has had their worst stretch of seasons ( 7 years) since Bill Jennings years..

So all your pointing out is how bad we have been recently but keep this in mind since Ferentz was hired Ioway record is 178-110 and Nebraska is 177-113 so as bad as we have become during this time frame Ioway bearly better than Nebraska and Ioway only has one Major bowl New Years6 win to show for it..
Ferentz has been at Iowa 23 years. Before him, Fry had a run of 20 years. That's 43 years of Iowa football that's been quite strong. Iowa fans remember the Commings years in the 1970s when we were at the level NU has been the past several years with Frost and Riley so we feel for you. We know the pain and misery you feel from 45 years ago when we felt it.

Sadly Iowa state has passed the NU by. Honestly, that would be the first benchmark to get to-- ISU's.

Nebraska just needs to worry about Nebraska. That is the issue I have with Frost fascination with PJ Fleck and other statements he has made. And for the most part I am a Frost guy. Why take shots at a guy that has been more successful than you. I think Frost would have benefitted having a guy like Trev around from the beginning. I think there just wasn't enough accountability. It was like Frost and his buddies put a sign on the Locker room that only the cool kids could enter and the rest of us should just cheer the results.

I would have loved to be in the room last year the first Sunday Frost had to meet with Trev after a game. Finally someone to call him out. I have taken over bad sales territories before. First thing you need to do is get the lay of the land before you make any changes. I think that is what Trev is doing. Then figure out what will make YOU successful. Respect the competition, but don't worry about the competition.

Although I like the moves that were made in the off season, history will say they probably won't work. But at worse, Trev saved some money, and made it way easier to move on from Frost if this thing doesn't turn around this year.

And F everyone else in the Big Ten West, not just Iowa. But especially Wisconsin. Hate those guys.

Iowa may have had more wins in the last 20 years. However, Nebraska still sold more tickets and had a way higher TV average rating etc. Which would state Nebraska is a much more popular football program than Iowa could ever be.

The Cowboys have had a very difficult 20+ years vs the Tampa Bucs who have had a pretty dam good 20 years but no one is rating the Bucs as the better franchise.

It’s not a matter of if but when Nebraska and Dallas will start winning ships again. (Side note: we oddly do seem to be on the same schedule as Dallas).

As for Benning - I think the game is starting to pass up the old boy. NIL has changed everything. Nebraska can spend out NIL but it’s fans have a mentality to be conservative.

Why spend a lot on an unproven HS kid vs someone whose cut it’s teeth in college football. I think soon you will see a tOSU go belly up because they’ve overspent on NIL. They’ll pay some kid millions who sits the bench and his backup will be a rockstar making chicken scratch cause buckeyes busted their nut on a bust. . and this will cause issues and resentment in the locker room. Cause the kid ridding the bench is making millions and the kid throwing TDS is making Pennie’s on the dollar

Nebraska is just feeling out the waters of NIL. When it’s needed, it will be there. If that’s paying a player to keep from transferring or landing a transfer. It will be the difference at Nebraska

But yes you can recruit top rated talent @ Nebraska. To say we have to “accept” something as a program is poor leadership and probably why Damon never got a shot at coaching college football

Last edited:
Go back over the past 20 years to compare whose done better. I can already give you an answer. This is long past it being a short term trend-- rather, it's an extended legacy.

Yes Frost has sucked (Riley too) and his dismal results the last few years have skewed the numbers big time. You could also pick a different random number like 25 and we are better.

Still everything I said is true, Iowa is Pelini Light, nothing more, with no hope of more. And I think you know it, which is why you are here posting about how bad Nebraska is, in an attempt to feel better about it.

Can you please list your “achievements” over the last 20 years?

I can’t think of one

Nebraska: L, 70-31 to Wisconsin (8-6) in Big Ten title game in 2012 in Indy. Lone win over Wisconsin was in regular season.

Badgers won the Big Ten in 2010, 2011 & 2012. Last winner ahead of division play was in 2010. Win over Iowa was huge in Iowa City for Bret Bielema, on major special teams play.

Special teams was huge in 2014 Nebraska win over Iowa, which is last Huskers win in series.

Badgrrs won B1G West in 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2019. Have won four of the eight West divisions, but West is 0-8 vs. East.

Iowa played for B1G title in 2009 (Lost at Ohio State in OT), played for Big Ten titles in 2015 and 2021, lost to MichiganState and Michigan, respectively.

Last B1G titles for Iowa were 2002 and 2004.

Northwestern played for 2018 and 2020 B1G title, lost both to Ohio State.

For teams in the B1G West, at this point, winning the Big Ten title is the next goal.

Sweet and simple.

Minnesota, like Indiana, last Big Ten title was 1967. Purdue won the Big Ten in 2000, with Northwestern.

Illinois went 9-0 in 1982, only Big Ten team ever to beat everyone and win a Big Ten title. They played in Rose Bowl in 2007, finished 2nd in Big Ten.

Nebraska last played in Rose Bowl in 2001 season, in BCS Title game. For Iowa last Rose Bowl came off 2015 season, when Michigan State played in College Football Playoff and were smoked by Alabama.

Ohio State was last Big Ten team to win College Football Playoff (2014, inaugural).

Michigan was last team to represent conference in playoff. Who will be next?

Ohio State went in 2019 and 2020, in Ryan Day's first two full seasons at Ohio State.

• Haha
Reactions: IowaHogeyeDoosh
Nebraska: L, 70-31 to Wisconsin (8-6) in Big Ten title game in 2012 in Indy. Lone win over Wisconsin was in regular season.

Badgers won the Big Ten in 2010, 2011 & 2012. Last winner ahead of division play was in 2010. Win over Iowa was huge in Iowa City for Bret Bielema, on major special teams play.

Special teams was huge in 2014 Nebraska win over Iowa, which is last Huskers win in series.

Badgrrs won B1G West in 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2019. Have won four of the eight West divisions, but West is 0-8 vs. East.

Iowa played for B1G title in 2009 (Lost at Ohio State in OT), played for Big Ten titles in 2015 and 2021, lost to MichiganState and Michigan, respectively.

For teams in the B1G West, at this point, winning the Big Ten title is the next goal.

Sweet and simple.

Minnesota, like Indiana, last Big Ten title was 1967. Purdue won the Big Ten in 2000, with Northwestern.

Illinois went 9-0 in 1982, only Big Ten team ever to beat everyone and win a Big Ten title. They played in Rose Bowl in 2007, finished 2nd in Big Ten.

Nebraska last played in Rose Bowl in 2001 season, in BCS Title game. For Iowa last Rose Bowl came off 2015 season, when Michigan State played in College Football Playoff and were smoked by Alabama.

Ohio State was last Big Ten team to win College Football Playoff (2014, inaugural).

Ohio State went in 2019 and 2020, in Ryan Day's first two full seasons at Ohio State.
So two shared conference “titles” in years where you didn’t play the best team in the league are the biggest iowa accomplishments in the last 20 years?

That’s cute

Sweet and simple.

Nothing more Iowa than that. Asked to answer the question “can you list your achievements” and the very first word is Nebraska.

Well said. You're a realist. You've put your ego aside (something most Husker fans can't) as did Benning and look reality square in the eye and see the program for what it is today and things needing to be done to be better and get to Iowa's level. Just a very hard concept for many NU fans to grasp. It's why the bitterness over here has been so strong as the realization of the "want to be vs. what we actually are" is like a withdrawl .
Jfc you can't be serious.

are you the thought police now?

Seek help

Last edited:
So two shared conference “titles” in years where you didn’t play the best team in the league are the biggest iowa accomplishments in the last 20 years?

That’s cute

Iowa would have beat Ohio State in '02 during regular season. USC at seasons end was better than Ohio State and Miami-FL. Took care of business in years to follow.

Iowa and Michigan did play in 2004. But, both finished 7-1.

That’s cute

So no titles. I also love how he post the score of our loss to Wisconsin on the Big Ten title game (a 39 point beat down). But for Iowa’s 39 point beat down they lost to Michigan respectfully. Iowa gonna Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT