ADVERTISEMENT

Benning on the QBs

You are making this way more complex than it is. They will have a 4 man front vs numerous sets and personnel, as do most/all 3-4 defenses.

I like Stille, DThomas, The Davis Twins, Mick, Daniels, Freedom inside, Newell (can he finally contribute?) stout at the point of contact. Not so sure about our LBs. Yet...

Jesus Christ. I shouldn't have said "lots." Meant he can scheme heavier sets. It's in the playbook.

I feel like I'm being interviewed for a job at Goldman Sachs, and am going straight to the "rejected" pile.

Immediately

GBR

It's your opinion and I respect that, in return I offered mine...

Jesus Christ. I shouldn't have said "lots." Meant he can scheme heavier sets. It's in the playbook.

I feel like I'm being interviewed for a job at Goldman Sachs, and am going straight to the "rejected" pile.

Immediately

GBR

Don’t be ridiculous ..... we both know that you wouldn’t have even been granted an interview Winking

Reactions: TheBeav815
A lot bigger and stronger. I don't see how he gets there in the next 4 months. He should spend the summer practicing his running slides because he will get killed taking on 230lb LBs.

Yes. I envision Gebbia seeing a lot of DE/LB scrapes that just keep inviting him to run the ball on those read options

Read some article earlier where class was claimed not to be the reason.

People will speculate though..

I have a feeling it's a battle. I like the competition.

HCSF offense demands the ultimate dual-threat signal caller like Mariota.

GBR
If any offense demands a QB that is in the class of "one of the greatest ever" in order to function, it's a bad offense.

Reactions: jeans15
Whose gonna get to the QB this year?

I ask you guys. I think it's valid. That's why I think we see a lot more traditional 4-3 with personnel

Same problems with 4-3. All those guys fit well in the 3-4, not sure we have a 4-3 DE that can get after the QB either. We will be deep and talented up the middle (DL, ILB and safety) but need to find difference makers on the outside (OLB and CB), no matter what front we are in.

A lot bigger and stronger. I don't see how he gets there in the next 4 months. He should spend the summer practicing his running slides because he will get killed taking on 230lb LBs.
It’s a good thing his high school was in the 230lb and under division.

Reactions: Antwill
Yet, he is only spoken about when asked about, and is only 90% 15 months post surgery.
This really concerns me as well. He told HCSF "90%" but then said he was already better than his junior year in HS but paraphrasing SF, amart doesn't have the same zip on the ball he had in his film. Something isn't right.

As I have been saying for months, a graduate transfer is almost certainly going to occur.

Well it wont be Dawkins from Arizona, he just committed to Indiana. So I guess for you to be correct, Burrows needs to be 2nd or 3rd best at Ohio St so he will be the one. Unless you know of another dual threat QB that is GT eligible

We don’t really know how serious Frost was in Dawkins, I still think they have what they want out of the group that they have and this won’t be settled till the fall camp.

If so, I owe @c3ntral08 a mea culpa--rumor would seem to be true and the report of class conflict would not seem to be the real reason POB wasn't available for an interview.

Yeah, the word is that he hasn't gotten any reps the last couple of days, and that it's not related to attitude at all. Just that the 'fit' isn't really right for his abilities.

If any offense demands a QB that is in the class of "one of the greatest ever" in order to function, it's a bad offense.
I would look at the QB's that Oregon had when they were good and then last year the performance McKenzie gave at UCF.

Really good Qb play

POB, TG and Martinez are all highly rated QBs that have the capacity to start for a D1 program at some point in their career. They all cannot start here. And Frost's plan is to recruit another scholarship QB next year and Vedral will be available for 3 years in 2019. Somebody is changing Zip codes. My money is on POB.
even if POB leaves, that still leaves too many QBs on the roster who could play QB somewhere.
why would gebbia or martinez stick around for 3 years watching the other one play?

even if POB leaves, that still leaves too many QBs on the roster who could play QB somewhere.
why would gebbia or martinez stick around for 3 years watching the other one play?

So they can lead the team to a second half, come from behind victory in the NC?

Reactions: timnsun
Yeah, the word is that he hasn't gotten any reps the last couple of days, and that it's not related to attitude at all. Just that the 'fit' isn't really right for his abilities.
He and Gebbia came out of HS with about the same level of hype, and Gebbia in my opinion has lived up to that so far while POB has not. Nothing O'Brien has done on TV to date has wowed me. He's looked like a kid with all the size and a big arm who just doesn't put it all together very often.

Mostly just throws a pretty good ball, not a great ball. Little wobbly, little behind or a little outside. I just get that feeling from him of his ceiling is being a pretty good pro-style QB. Not a total statue, but he got a lot of yards in HS by being so damn big, you put on his film and you don't go, "Wow, look how elusive he is." You got that square-peg-round-hole feeling when they brought in this offensive system.

Gebbia came in as a true freshman and jumped off the page at you. Clearly looked like at least the second best QB already after one spring last year. You could make the case, especially in hindsight, for him taking over for Lee were it not for wanting to keep that RS year. Kid looks like he'd blow away down 14th street but can rifle a football and all you hear about him is what a film rat he is and how nobody is gonna outwork him.

Not a weapon with his legs, either, but he's accurate and he's smart. You can be a bigger asset to an offense executing correctly and throwing accurately than you can if you're a home run threat on your feet and a liability with your arm.

I hope we have a backup plan to bring in for depth. 3 available QBs is scary thin.

Well I'm hearing Noah is trying to become eligible to play this year(?). I don't know if this is true or not but if true, I'm guessing it's a long shot(?).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT