ADVERTISEMENT

Benning low talking

Don’t care how he talks...just not a fan of Benning because of the way he conducted himself as a HC.

I seem to have no problem hearing him. He's also talked to me personally and gave me advice. I don't have one bad word to day about the guy. If it wasn't him, someone would find something to complain about still with someone else on the show or 1620 or 93.7.

Reactions: EastOregonHusker
I am not saying anything bad about Benning. I wouldn’t listen to the show if I didn’t like him. I just wish his voice didn’t go in and out when I listen

Yeah Damon's mic distance can be an issue. Especially with how animated Severe can be, it can be a real game of jockeying your volume. I find the same thing happening when Bahe does a pod with Bo Ruud, sometimes Bo kinda wanders off from his mic.

That stuff drives you extra nuts when you're driving and trying to balance the road noise with not blowing out your eardrums.

Yeah Damon's mic distance can be an issue. Especially with how animated Severe can be, it can be a real game of jockeying your volume. I find the same thing happening when Bahe does a pod with Bo Ruud, sometimes Bo kinda wanders off from his mic.

That stuff drives you extra nuts when you're driving and trying to balance the road noise with not blowing out your eardrums.
I have a solution for the Bahe issue...just don't listen to him. Hahaha

Reactions: Lincoln100
The 2 of them work pretty well together. It was a rough start I think, especially for Benning, but the chemistry is much better now.

Reactions: BigTimeFan75
They should have kept Benning and Sharp and had Severe take the solo show.
Totally agree. Severe did a solo show and again, he is a pro. So is Sharp but Sharp does really well with a sidekick.

Some duo's are just a great match. Todd N Tyler are lame but they are a perfect match, it works. Stern and Robin Quivers, great match.

Jim Rome with a true co-host? It would be horrible.

The two guys on Unsportsmanlike Conduct, they basically need to start over.

Reactions: kerpal_68
He replaced Jason Peter who definitely was not a fit for that job
That was the typical...

Hire a former Husker great, this is a no brainer!

But man, sometimes it just doesn't work. We get it, shut up and just hit the other guy on the other team as hard as you can. Thanks. Sweet insight.

Reactions: CT-NUred
Not speaking to the mic is something that should be fixed early on.

You wear the cans, headphones, to allow yourself to hear in realtime what you sound like. I know, I host a weekly 3 hour radio show. It is easy to make the mistake, simply looking at a monitor, or guest can cause it, but you should hear it in your own ears the moment your voice is not broadcasting correctly.

Eat the mic, in the parlance I was taught. In reality, not as easy as it sounds.

Last edited:
Everyone on the planet can believe Benning is a great guy or whatever. It doesn't change the fact that he tards out and tails off with several of his comments throughout any particular radio show. He's on the radio and if he has something to say then he needs to say it instead of turning his volume down because he's afraid to ruffle feathers or whatever the hell his problem may be. It's one of the reasons I don't listen them anymore.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
I'm a fan of Benning - A lot of his observations/insights are different than your normal sports radio dude because he's played and coached the game.

I have to say that I liked it better when he did the show with Gary Sharp. Nothing against Severe, I just liked the chemistry better with Gary Sharp.
Love Benning, and I agree...he was better with Sharp. Nothing beats the old Unsportsmanlike Conduct with Kugler and Severe.

tenor.gif

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
I just like the shit he gives everyone.
He is a much better segment guest but I get your point.

He has built a nice little business for himself. It helps that his pizza joint is 10 feet away from Skutt and that he has basically turned it into a skutt family hangout. Smart move by him.

Shit he probably sells Skutt 5,000 dollars worth of pizza each month.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
When you listen to Benning and Severe do you ever notice how Benning’s voice just trails off at the end of sentences? It drives me crazy. I can’t hear 15% of the stuff he says. Get your face in front of the mic Damon
It's terrible.

Totally agree. Severe did a solo show and again, he is a pro. So is Sharp but Sharp does really well with a sidekick.

Some duo's are just a great match. Todd N Tyler are lame but they are a perfect match, it works. Stern and Robin Quivers, great match.

Jim Rome with a true co-host? It would be horrible.

The two guys on Unsportsmanlike Conduct, they basically need to start over.

ADVERTISEMENT