ADVERTISEMENT

Benning and Severe

Again, does the stuff he writes on this message board upset you because it is factually inaccurate or does it piss you off because it is actually very much accurate and you hate that what he writes is so accurate?

Plenty of his posts are totally inaccurate to opinion only,and his opinion just like you spew your opinion which I agree with at time and disagree at times..

His posts are never positive ever.. You surely don’t see him posting anything thing about Bolt’s success on the diamond the past 2 months have you..

He isn’t a Nebraska fan.

Plenty of his posts are totally inaccurate to opinion only,and his opinion just like you spew your opinion which I agree with at time and disagree at times..

His posts are never positive ever.. You surely don’t see him posting anything thing about Bolt’s success on the diamond the past 2 months have you..

He isn’t a Nebraska fan.
I don't care if he is a Nebraska fan or if he posts positive stuff. That pretty much answers my question about what really pisses you off about his posts.

If there are plenty of his posts that are inaccurate or opinion only, then it should be quite simple to find several and post them here.

Reactions: TheBeav815
I don't care if he is a Nebraska fan or if he posts positive stuff. That pretty much answers my question about what really pisses you off about his posts.

If there are plenty of his posts that are inaccurate or opinion only, then it should be quite simple to find several and post them here.
Maybe you don’t but care if he isn’t a Husker fan or not, but there is plenty on this forum who do that would back me...

I know longer waste my time with his rubbish and put him/ her on ignore..

Good night!

Maybe you don’t but care if he isn’t a Husker fan or not, but there is plenty on this forum who do that would back me...

Good night!
So let me get this straight, you don't care if what he posts is accurate, you just don't like him because he isn't a Nebraska fan and doesn't say nice things about Nebraska.

Then instead of just voicing this position as simply your own, you feel the need to somehow qualify the position by including this unnamed and potentially fictitious group of "plenty that will back you" as what, proof that @jlb321 is a lying?

Good night indeed.

Maybe, I don't know that he is rooting for anything. I think he just has opinions and takes that question blind loyalty. Some don't like his opinions because he make us honestly answer questions that are based on something other than optimism or because we are Nebraska.
I have felt this about jlb for a long time... the issue is he has jumped the shark. At one point, he used to post on both sides, both pro Nebraska and also challenging posts to those who are eternal optimists (like myself).

Now, the only time he EVER posts is to troll guys like me. You can say he is just posing challenging thoughts, which he does, but that is all he does. And he does it solely for the purpose of stirring the pot. Just tired of the act.

Lost my respect for him a long time ago.

Pretty much all of what he states is based in fact. But you’ve got to admit he does his fair share of cherry-picking those facts just to piss people off.

Surely you can see this...

I have felt this about jlb for a long time... the issue is he has jumped the shark. At one point, he used to post on both sides, both pro Nebraska and also challenging posts to those who are eternal optimists (like myself).

Now, the only time he EVER posts is to troll guys like me. You can say he is just posing challenging thoughts, which he does, but that is all he does. And he does it solely for the purpose of stirring the pot. Just tired of the act.

Lost my respect for him a long time ago.

I am not telling you, or the other two dudes, to like him. I simply asked them to show me where he posted something that wasn't accurate. One dude stopped replying and the other one pretty much answered my question by saying he didn't like him because he was mean and didn't like Nebraska.

I agree the posts can get tiresome, but that is because they are true and we still haven't figured out how to win football games.

Good night!
Reading this thread cracks me up. The only one winning here is jlb. I too put him on ignore several months back. One of my rules for life is that I do not suffer fools. I don't know who his team is, but it's not Nebraska. His purpose is to stir up crap and that's it.

Reading this thread cracks me up. The only one winning here is jlb. I too put him on ignore several months back. One of my rules for life is that I do not suffer fools. I don't know who his team is, but it's not Nebraska. His purpose is to stir up crap and that's it.
I am also winning. @PeliniTheCrutch can confirm.

Or can I just make shit up like @scarletred and say there are plenty on this board that will back me.

I am not telling you, or the other two dudes, to like him. I simply asked them to show me where he posted something that wasn't accurate. One dude stopped replying and the other one pretty much answered my question by saying he didn't like him because he was mean and didn't like Nebraska.

I agree the posts can get tiresome, but that is because they are true and we still haven't figured out how to win football games.
I hear ya, which is why I spoke to that as well in my subsequent post. Jlb is very careful to make sure and post factual information, no matter how obscure. You really can’t argue much against his posts, but the fact that he only posts facts to make the coaching staff look bad is ridiculous.

I know, put him on ignore...

The guy is an antagonist. He lives to rile people up and gets off on annoying people.

I could give 2 $hits if he is factual or not, he is a tool. It is all about his intent which is very clear.

I just don't like people that live to annoy other people.

The guy is an antagonist. He lives to rile people up and gets off on annoying people.

I could give 2 $hits if he is factual or not, he is a tool. It is all about his intent which is very clear.

Its hard to argue with much of what he says. And Ive been very negative myself over the last several years. But this guy only posts to crush positivity or optimism of any kind. I wonder what there will be left for him to say if we end up having a great year. I want the program to get better because of ive followed it for most of my life but I have to admit leaving people like him with nothing to say would be a nice bonus.

I will ask you , like I did @dinglefritz , what has he written that was/ is factually inaccurate?

You not liking what he writes doesn't count as inaccurate. Troll or not, I don't care. He, rarely if ever, posts stuff that is out right false. Hell, off the top of my head, I can't think of anything he posts that could have been construed as an opinion.
I agree with you Tuco. @jlb321 presents a lot of brutal facts that has butthurt the cheerleaders who proclaimed the day Frost walked onto campus that things were changing. We listened to years of “just wait until Frost has his own players”, “wait until year 2, 3, ...”, etc.. @jlb321 simply says “I’ve waited and watched and the program is continuing to find new lows”.

I understand how that hurts feelings of the folks who made these predictions, but instead of getting pissed at him, maybe accept your humble pie.

Reactions: Tuco Salamanca
So let me get this straight, you don't care if what he posts is accurate, you just don't like him because he isn't a Nebraska fan and doesn't say nice things about Nebraska.

Then instead of just voicing this position as simply your own, you feel the need to somehow qualify the position by including this unnamed and potentially fictitious group of "plenty that will back you" as what, proof that @jlb321 is a lying?

Good night indeed.
It appears there is this group that you imagine isn’t fictitious after all..

Good night indeed.

Last edited:

I never said he was mean.. I pointed out he loves stirring $&it..
It appears plenty will agree with me on this..
If you don’t want to admit to this that’s your problem..

I never said he was mean.. I pointed out he loves stirring $&it..
It appears plenty will agree with me on this..
If you don’t want to admit to this that’s your problem..
I have never said he doesn’t like to stir the shit.

I said what he posts is accurate and true, something you have yet to disprove.

Since I have had him on ignore over a month or two it’s pretty difficult to prove if he‘s accurate on his $&it stirring..

Other than Riley teams strength and conditioning was one of the downfalls of this program which he has disagreed with many of times..

Reactions: dinglefritz
It appears there is this group that you imagine isn’t fictitious after all..
The group that you are referring to seem to agree more with me than you. None of them said what he posts is factually inaccurate, they ignored him because the don’t like that he stirs the shit.

my contention through this whole thread is that he writes true stuff that we don’t like to read. And I ask you to show me one post that was in fact a lie or not true. You couldn’t or didn’t.

• Haha
Reactions: scarletred
if I did show you would dismiss it...

He changes narratives all the time and I suppose I’m the only one that notices this too..

Congrates Big Red Rules agrees with you..👏🏼👏🏼

The group that you are referring to seem to agree more with me than you. None of them said what he posts is factually inaccurate, they ignored him because the don’t like that he stirs the shit.

my contention through this whole thread is that he writes true stuff that we don’t like to read. And I ask you to show me one post that was in fact a lie or not true. You couldn’t or didn’t.
Not sure why I am even stepping into this pissing match. But, here is one of Jib's recent posts chalk full of "facts".

"Quite sanguine about the upcoming season

given the number of upperclassmen and 9th year seniors returning, a marsupial could lead this team to 9+ wins"

I get it is him being sarcastic, but it is anything but factual.

Jib is an a$$. He likes to be an a$$. He is enjoying this entire conversation about him because he is a Narcissistic nut job.

You keep saying people don't like Jib because they don't like what he says. That is where you are off. People don't like Jib because it is clear who he is and what he is doing. That is wholly a different reason than being butthurt by what he says.

Carry on.

Not sure why I am even stepping into this pissing match. But, here is one of Jib's recent posts chalk full of "facts".

given the number of upperclassmen and 9th year seniors returning, a marsupial could lead this team to 9+ wins"

Jib is an a$$. He likes to be an a$$. He is enjoying this entire conversation about him because he is a Narcissistic nut job.

You keep saying people don't like Jib because they don't like what he says. That is where you are off. People don't like Jib because it is clear who he is and what he is doing. That is wholly a different reason than being butthurt by what he says.

Carry on.

Thank You! Well said. Hope it sinks in.Winking

Carry on.

so here is an example that isn’t really an example. Got it

Again he posts stuff that pisses people off. All of it is true.
Like it, don’t like it, read it, ignore it. It matters not to me.

so here is an example that isn’t really an example. Got it

Again he posts stuff that pisses people off. All of it is true.
Like it, don’t like it, read it, ignore it. It matters not to me.
Dude, not sure why you are choosing this hill to die on. I can find other posts that aren't factual, but I am not going to try to appease you.

I will give you an example. When I was growing up my little brother would just say stuff to try and drive me nuts. He could stand in my face and say "the sky is blue, the sky is blue, the sky is blue". Is he right? Of course. Is it annoying AF, you bet.

It's not what he says, it is how and why he says it.

I don't get worked up, pissed off, or even bothered by Jib. I honestly think it is really interesting why someone is like he is. Any person that thrives on others frustration and misery has some serious internal issues.

the distaste for jlb goes WAY beyond him posting things we don't agree with. For me the last straw was when he celebrated the death toll neighboring red states sustained last fall from COVID compared to Minnesota. He ALWAYS conveniently leaves out pertinent information that helps explain statistics.

IF he would maybe in 1/20th of his posts post something positive about ANYTHING I might have a different view of him but he doesn't. His whole schtick is a constant drum beat of negative information no matter what the subject....well unless it's the superior medical care he personally delivers to save patient lives.

He has admitted in the past to not being a Husker fan. His whole goal seems to be to stir up negative sentiment about this team and our staff. We've got enough of our own fans doing that without him spewing often misleading statements.

Carry on.
100%. Post of the day.

His posts are often misleading half truths without context. During the COVID surge this winter he kept posting about how South Dakota was sending so many patients to his facility. What he was leaving out was that South Dakota didn't have in many cases the types of specialized care needed for some of those patients due to the population base not being large enough to support that type of care. The other factors were also the affiliation of the referring facility or in the case of the reservations in northeast South Dakota sometimes proximity to the Twin Cities.

He also would not recognize that patients from SW Minnesota and and NW Iowa were being cared for in SE South Dakota healthcare facilities in towns as small as Yankton SD. When called out about his misleading half truths he ALWAYS disappears from the board and refuses to admit his deception. Not once have I seen a post from him admitting that he was wrong. IF he does anything when he's obviously off base he'll deflect it by posting other irrelevant information or he'll edit his posts without admitting his error. You Google troll and you'll have a large picture of jlb pop up.

Last edited:

There is zero doubt that he has some type of weird personality disorder and needs help and I'm serious about that. He's a sick individual.

There is zero doubt that he has some type of weird personality disorder and needs help and I'm serious about that. He's a sick individual.
ignore-button-y-u-no-block-that-users-posts.jpg

I've never really cared one way or another about anything JLB posts. What is annoying as all f**k is the 6 guys who have to go, "OHHHH MYYYYYY GOOOOODDDDDDDDD SHUT UUUUUUUUUUUUPP YOU'RE LIKE NOT EVEN A FAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!" like middle school girls every time he says anything at all.

A lot of people come here to discuss football, the dbags who have to take it upon themselves to curate who is or isn't a "real Husker fan" make it difficult to get any football discussed.

Everyone I’ve heard in the media that saw that 30 minutes of practice a week or two ago and then the practice on Saturday said Smothers is no bueno at throwing the ball.
I stated last season when people started clamoring for Smothers, that if you watch his film he’s not a good passer. I was told I’m an idiot and that every big name school in the country was clamoring for him.

Everyone seems very impressed with Haarberg’s arm though. Everything I’ve heard is that he just needs to learn the offense and he’d be a potential #2 QB.
I was right there with you. Told everyone Smothers passing scared the crap out of me. I was hammered by all the usual suspects on this board.

Or in a year or two
The little thing Benning said once that sticks with me is a couple years ago when he dropped a, "You know we got some guys who can't play now?" on-air.

That one was a mind blower to me, and said it like it was a well known fact among former players. That's basically code for "this kid has no business being on on a P5 roster." I knew then it was worse than I ever realized and it was going to be a long climb back.

He doesn't appear to have been wrong.

IMO they just this year are arriving at a place where if a starter is a screw-up they can put in another guy who isn't orders of magnitude worse than him. There can't be any competition if the starter is average and the backups suck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT