ADVERTISEMENT

Bengals-Chiefs

The Bengals lost the game rather than KC winning it by not punting to the sideline and the late hit out of bounds, which was a legitimate call.
The poorly placed punt is not getting much attention but it was a huuuuuge mistake. Make a better punt there and the Chiefs have a much steeper hill to climb to get into FG position.

I had the Chiefs in a friendly pick'em, so I'm not arguing on behalf of the Bengals. It was a late hit, but one could argue it wasn't really intentional; certainly not malicious or flagrant. It's just unfortunate to have the outcome of the game affected by literally one call that was so minor.

I feel bad for Ossai - dude was crying on the sideline. 😢
Maybe he was crying because he hurt himself on a stupid play

The '5th down' was thoroughly explained during the broadcast last night; and has been thoroughly explained by numerous sources today. The officials on the field were 100% correct in the way they managed that situation. Romo and Nantz were confused, which undoubtedly confused many viewers. I did not hear the referee's explanation on the field during the broadcast, so I am not sure if that was confusing.

In any case, the former official that joins Romo and Nantz on the broadcast explained what happened. It was clear that the play was blown dead prior to the snap so they could correct the clock.

The '5th down' was thoroughly explained during the broadcast last night; and has been thoroughly explained by numerous sources today. The officials on the field were 100% correct in the way they managed that situation. Romo and Nantz were confused, which undoubtedly confused many viewers. I did not hear the referee's explanation on the field during the broadcast, so I am not sure if that was confusing.

In any case, the former official that joins Romo and Nantz on the broadcast explained what happened. It was clear that the play was blown dead prior to the snap so they could correct the clock.

Not to mention the ref sprinting in trying to stop the snap. It was handled correctly.

Was it as bad as the punt Neb did against MSU to lose that game? That punt still pisses me off.
Hopefully now that the Frost era is over, there are officially zero teams getting faked out by punt returners using moves that haven't fooled anyone else since the 1980s.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Ratings are important

I heard that players and coaches had study sessions and role playing before the game started to make sure it all looked real. You know, so the Chiefs could win. Even Mahomes was faking injury to make it more dramatic. The Bengals player were LOL'ing about it on the way to the locker room because they all got a big payday, especially the player that pushed Mahomes at the end. Even a quote from an unnamed Bengal after the game: "we should get Oscars for this shit".

Yeah, that's what happened.

Ticket.jpg

Last edited:
The referees not making every single call against the Bengals or for the Chiefs definitely does not rule out scripting in the NFL. It’s always there in one form or another. People do need to be more consistent about when they think they see it. Not just when their team loses.

The referees not making every single call against the Bengals or for the Chiefs definitely does not rule out scripting in the NFL. It’s always there in one form or another. People do need to be more consistent about when they think they see it. Not just when their team loses.

Sometimes when you read stuff online you don't get the inflections, tones, facial expressions, and it's hard to tell when soebody is being an ass or genuinely talking...I am genuinely talking here...I say all that to sy this...I am not going to go back thru this entire thread but if memory serves (and that is dangerous for me because I love Colorado brownies) I thought you had stated pretty early in the game you were leaning to a Bengals win based on how some of the call went...and several times you predicted a score some Bengals drives that never materialized....and then win the Chiefs eventually pulled it out, then the stance switched and KC was meant to win all along. Do you see how hard it is to take "the NFL is rigged" stance seriously? The people proclaiming it always adjust their takes to "prove" it was rigged, no matter how the game ends.

Sometimes when you read stuff online you don't get the inflections, tones, facial expressions, and it's hard to tell when soebody is being an ass or genuinely talking...I am genuinely talking here...I say all that to sy this...I am not going to go back thru this entire thread but if memory serves (and that is dangerous for me because I love Colorado brownies) I thought you had stated pretty early in the game you were leaning to a Bengals win based on how some of the call went...and several times you predicted a score some Bengals drives that never materialized....and then win the Chiefs eventually pulled it out, then the stance switched and KC was meant to win all along. Do you see how hard it is to take "the NFL is rigged" stance seriously? The people proclaiming it always adjust their takes to "prove" it was rigged, no matter how the game ends.
I know you’re not coming off as an ass and I don’t mean to either. I know I’m not “proving” it’s rigged by any stretch. I am trying but it’s a tough thing to do. Before the game I was on the Bengals for the Queen death narrative, but I did mention how close of a call this game was for me and how interesting it would be if 2 black QBs faced off for the first time when the game falls on Abe Lincoln’s birthday for the first time. The media is already picking up this narrative btw. They’re still obsessed with the race of QBs for seeemingly no reason.

After watching a quarter and a half i just got a gut feeling it would be for the chiefs. I called the first drive correctly and the only other two I called I was wrong about the bengals not scoring late. I just try to call it how I see it in real time and that changes sometimes. I’m going to Stick to my guns and keep trying and calling things out.

Wrong again. That is one of the countless things that completely rules out scripting in the NFL.

If people are claiming otherwise, they need to be more consistent and precise in defending their outrageous claims.

I know you’re not coming off as an ass and I don’t mean to either. I know I’m not “proving” it’s rigged by any stretch. I am trying but it’s a tough thing to do. Before the game I was on the Bengals for the Queen death narrative, but I did mention how close of a call this game was for me and how interesting it would be if 2 black QBs faced off for the first time when the game falls on Abe Lincoln’s birthday for the first time. The media is already picking up this narrative btw. They’re still obsessed with the race of QBs for seeemingly no reason.

After watching a quarter and a half i just got a gut feeling it would be for the chiefs. I called the first drive correctly and the only other two I called I was wrong about the bengals not scoring late. I just try to call it how I see it in real time and that changes sometimes. I’m going to Stick to my guns and keep trying and calling things out.

So pregame you basically conjure up 2 crazy conspiracy theories - one for each side - and after the game pimp out the one that fits your narrative best

Reactions: headcard
Wrong again. That is one of the countless things that completely rules out scripting in the NFL.

If people are claiming otherwise, they need to be more consistent and precise in defending their outrageous claims.
How would that rule out scripting? You’re looking at this from a very narrow perspective again.

So pregame you basically conjure up 2 crazy conspiracy theories - one for each side - and after the game pimp out the one that fits your narrative best
Not always. Like I said, in this game it was tough due to multiple interesting possibilities. I will keep trying. I do want to prove this is the way and and the process is kinda fun.

Okay, 52 years.
Kind of weird how you drew the line there. Whatever, we're going back to the super bowl

Cook was just a little early on the PI that wiped away an INT and led to a 14 point swing and had a huge impact on the game. I’m sure he feels bad.
The funny part about that video is that Osai's teammate is standing right there and he's in disbelief that's he made just made that hit. He's reacting before Mahomes even hit the ground. That's how stupid it was.

Chiefs win!

I thought so too when the Chiefs had their first two TD’s wiped away by questionable calls, but they over came it, like champions do.
have you switched your insurance coverage to State Farm yet?

be a good little fan and call your local agent today!

• Haha
Reactions: Walleye79
I've been with State Farm for decades, so I'm good. I hope your insurance company has all your precious "Coach Prime" memorabilia covered for ya.
this is my favorite

hey, everybody, did you know I'm a CU fan now because instead of posting emotional butthurtisms I post facts about how their new coach is recruiting compared to our new coach?

what a world

(here is something relevant - CU making first FBS offers to kids right in our backyard. yay?)

Last edited:
The Bengals lost the game rather than KC winning it by not punting to the sideline and the late hit out of bounds, which was a legitimate call. The KC hold on the same play was fairly blatant, but I'm willing to let that go since they didn't call a lot of holds on both sides during the game. That being said, losing track of the clock resulting in a fifth down is something that may happen in high school once in a while, in college rarely, and in professional football almost never. The fact it happened during a hugely critical point in a game that determined who goes to the Super Bowl shows this officiating crew was not up to the task. It ended up not mattering much because KC was stopped on the next set of downs, but the result was poorer field position for the Bengals. The call that really chapped me was the intentional grounding on second and seven with 1:27 left from the Bengals 19. It is true the ball landed behind the line of scrimmage even though there was a receiver seven yards away, which is grounding .....but....Burrow was hit as he threw it, which means it wasn't grounding and would almost never be called in most games. The result was third and forever instead of third and seven and led to the punt having to be made from deep in Bengals territory.
Plus the extra set of downs/5th down resulted in failure for kc , it did take time off the clock which may or may not have mattered eventually. Hard game to watch AND listen to

Reactions: headcard
this is my favorite

hey, everybody, did you know I'm a CU fan now because instead of posting emotional butthurtisms I post facts about how their new coach is recruiting compared to our new coach?

what a world

(here is something relevant - CU making first FBS offers to kids right in our backyard. yay?)

Well, I'm sure they will land him if they want because "the guy has never failed at anything in his life" right? And since everything Coach Prime touches turns to gold this kid better jump on the offer.

I just hope you weren’t wearing your favorite Neon Deion jersey last night. You were clearly upset and I would hate for anything to happen to it.

• Haha
Reactions: ATX Husker
Well, I'm sure they will land him if they want because "the guy has never failed at anything in his life" right? And since everything Coach Prime touches turns to gold this kid better jump on the offer.

I just hope you weren’t wearing your favorite Neon Deion jersey last night. You were clearly upset and I would hate for anything to happen to it.
any more coaches sent you on a detailed investigation of their divorces?

talk about obsessed. pretty gross, man.

ADVERTISEMENT