ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Howland named HC of Mud State

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
XM channel 91 was going off on the MSU administration earlier tonight saying this was a backdoor deal.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Ahhhhh sorry but who is Mud State..... I know your attention is on another thread.

He's a very good coach even though things got away from him the last couple of years at UCLA. Having that one cancer (Nelson Reeves?) sure didn't help. Interesting to see how he does there.

The idea of Ben Howland living in Starkville makes me LOL.

Great resume, good coach....interesting either party sees this as a good fit.

This post was edited on 3/23 8:07 PM by shine003

Really surprised Howland didn't hold out for something better than this. Maybe he needs a new agent?

Originally posted by schuele:
Really surprised Howland didn't hold out for something better than this. Maybe he needs a new agent?
It sounds like he was putting his name out for other jobs as well. I think I heard he was interested in Marquette. Other things I've read made it sound like he really wanted to get back into coaching.

He must be really desperate to get back into coaching, if he's willing to leave Santa Barbara for Starkville.

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
XM channel 91 was going off on the MSU administration earlier tonight saying this was a backdoor deal.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
What was the issue the XM folks were having? (I haven't read much at all into this coaching hire)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT