ADVERTISEMENT

Bellevue TE Kaden Helms

Husker_AMG63

Redshirt Freshman
Nov 14, 2019
Good for him. The Sooners are a great program and an established offensive passing attack that he may flourish in. Wish he could have come to NU - but with other upper class and young talent at TE at NU, he and his family may have seen more opportunity elsewhere. Good luck to Kaden Helms (except when the Sooners play the Huskers).

You can’t help fault the guy, The 160 million Barry Switzer Football complex is stunning to say the least and it sure doesn’t hurt winning football games which they have owned the BIG 12 since we left for the B1G..

Impressive that BW has 2 stud TE right in our backyard but I’ll remain positive that we landed Fidone last year and hopefully he will be playing at least our last 4 games of the season..

In his interview, one of the primary comments was “they win football games“.
Shouldn’t this be obvious? I know it could be seen as a shot against the home state team, but no one should be surprised by this.

I also believe that fact we got Fidone last year May have played a part in his decision… but that doesn’t sound as good. “I chose OU because I don’t want to sit for 3 years” just doesn’t make for a good sound bite.

Shouldn’t this be obvious? I know it could be seen as a shot against the home state team, but no one should be surprised by this.

I also believe that fact we got Fidone last year May have played a part in his decision… but that doesn’t sound as good. “I chose OU because I don’t want to sit for 3 years” just doesn’t make for a good sound bite.
I love hearing quotes like this actually. The Huskers should put that up on the bulletin board and own it. When a program underachieves like this team does, you know that the overall quality of practice is poor and excuses and passing the blame is common.

A perennial losing program got the #1 TE in the country last year. I'll be thrilled for at least 4 years even if NEB didn't sign any other TEs at all.

Reactions: jeans1515
Didn't see this posted, but the #15 TE in the nation commits...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Next chapter… <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/COMMITTED?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#COMMITTED</a> <a href="https://t.co/K5HgHuXsA3">pic.twitter.com/K5HgHuXsA3</a></p>&mdash; Kaden Helms (@KadenJHelms) <a href=" ">July 17, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What an absolute disgrace and embarrassment that Frost couldn't even get these guys (top 4 Nebraska players) to take an official visit to Nebraska. This has to change next year. This is make or break year for Frost.

What an absolute disgrace and embarrassment that Frost couldn't even get these guys (top 4 Nebraska players) to take an official visit to Nebraska. This has to change next year. This is make or break year for Frost.
Read the OWH of his quote: Helms. Said “ I’m kind of burnt out on Nebraska, to be honest “ Helms said in late March, “ I lived here a long ti , and it’s about wanting to get out and see something different in the world”

He didn’t want to play football in this state..

Read the OWH of his quote: Helms. Said “ I’m kind of burnt out on Nebraska, to be honest “ Helms said in late March, “ I lived here a long ti , and it’s about wanting to get out and see something different in the world”

Heck, he didn’t want to play football in the Midwest as none of the 9 Big 10 teams that offered him made his top 4.
I don’t fault the kid one bit and wish him well.
GBR!

These group of Omaha kids, to go with the DB from last year, are just a group that banded together with the thought process of wanting to go elsewhere. The good news is that Nebraska only faces 1 of them. The rest will be free to transfer back if desired so.

The 2023 in-state kids are already committed to Nebraska and a couple more on the way.

Trev will help with things in Omaha and Frost just needs to start winning. The rest will take care of itself.

Yes, it is obvious. Frost had the “rebuilding” years of to lure some top talent in. Now in year four, winning is what it’s going to take to get the best talent.

I agree that he likely wants to get out of Nebraska, but let’s not kid ourselves. There is a reason we are racking up an Iowa caliber recruiting class this year.

Reactions: DropKickSkeelo
Yes, it is obvious. Frost had the “rebuilding” years of to lure some top talent in. Now in year four, winning is what it’s going to take to get the best talent.

I agree that he likely wants to get out of Nebraska, but let’s not kid ourselves. There is a reason we are racking up an Iowa caliber recruiting class this year.

Agree to a certain extent but Nebraska landed Fidone and Carnie last recruiting class so how much that had a effect on his decision we don’t know..

Reactions: OzzyLvr and timnsun
Agree to a certain extent but Nebraska landed Fidone and Carnie last recruiting class so how much that had a effect on his decision we don’t know..
I hear you and agree about those recruits - but I would argue last year was the final year to paint the “here’s where we are going” picture. A coach in his sixth year winning 7 games telling top recruits that things are going to happen when he gets his system implemented probably falls on deaf ears. Just another reason this season is so critical.

I hear you and agree about those recruits - but I would argue last year was the final year to paint the “here’s where we are going” picture. A coach in his sixth year winning 7 games telling top recruits that things are going to happen when he gets his system implemented probably falls on deaf ears. Just another reason this season is so critical.
Well last year was a weird year with Covid and certain players not mentioning didn’t pan out… I don’t want to give him a pass but it was a crappy situation with no spring ball..

This is the year he and his staff have to put up or shut up even with the challenging schedule…

Cause Oklahoma is so much different than Nebraska

These group of Omaha kids, to go with the DB from last year, are just a group that banded together with the thought process of wanting to go elsewhere. The good news is that Nebraska only faces 1 of them. The rest will be free to transfer back if desired so.

The 2023 in-state kids are already committed to Nebraska and a couple more on the way.

Trev will help with things in Omaha and Frost just needs to start winning. The rest will take care of itself.
What is this winning thing you speak of ?

Nebraska doesn’t need him. Fidone is a better prospect.
This is a silly argument. They are in different classes.
Top programs recruit elite kids at every position every year.
What if Fidone gets hurt?
Is Nebraska going to only play one TE, every snap, every game, the next three years?
Top programs load up every single year. They sign a 5 Star, or top 100 kid, at the same position every year.

Is Nebraska going to only play one TE, every snap, every game, the next three years?
Top programs load up every single year. They sign a 5 Star, or top 100 kid, at the same position every year.

We need great line player not more TEs

OU also had the #2 player in the country and 5 star QB commit for the class of 2023. So if you're a pass catcher between that and Rattler that's a pretty good deal.

Steve is not a husker fan, just a troll, so don’t take his post as if it came from a husker fan. It didn’t.

They aren’t mutually exclusive.
Why can’t Nebraska recruit both?
You have 25-30 scholarships per class, getting a TE in each class is what you need & has zero impact on recruiting other positions. It is legal to get top recruits at every position.

Because an average TE can look great on a great line.

Cause we have enough TEs

No TE will ever be the same as a great DT, DE or OT

Because an average TE can look great on a great line.

Cause we have enough TEs

No TE will ever be the same as a great DT, DE or OT
Once again, they aren’t mutually exclusive.
You can recruit all of them, every class. In fact, if you arent signing at least one of all of them every class, you won’t compete.
Nebraska has a TE coach, correct? He can recruit a TE each class, while the other position coaches recruit their positions.

Once again, they aren’t mutually exclusive.
You can recruit all of them, every class. In fact, if you arent signing at least one of all of them every class, you won’t compete.
Nebraska has a TE coach, correct? He can recruit a TE each class, while the other position coaches recruit their positions.
No they aren't.

But I'm saying I'd rather we be in on great line players than TEs consistently.

Reactions: baseball31ne
ADVERTISEMENT