ADVERTISEMENT

Bell 162 pick to Tampa Bay

Tampa Bay fan site reaction to the pick here, "Watch Kenny Bell's highlights and get excited, Buccaneer fans!"

Kenny Bell's career highlight video is certainly stacked with fantastic plays. We'll miss that guy, a lot. Sometimes had a hard time staying healthy but he was healthy enough to break most of our career receiving records.

Buccaneer fans' comments are interesting reading, too. Some comments on how well he adjusted to poorly thrown passes and interest in seeing how he'll do with better QB play "I don't think a QB stepped into a single throw in these highlights... "

More from that site reviewing their draft. Can't argue with the analysis on Bell, really.
Bell's a fairly big and very fast receiver who has a lot of big-play potential. In fact, if you watch him play you basically only see big plays and big blocks -- this is not a move-the-chains receiver who beats cornerbacks with shifty route running. He's a straight-line, deep receiver who can make some amazing catches with great body control.

So why did he fall this far? Because he's pretty raw, can't beat press coverage and isn't very good at all of the small catches that tend to be the bread and butter of NFL offenses. He's not quick twitch, and he's not a great route runner. Bell should start as a valuable special teamer, and perhaps a rotational receiver -- though I wouldn't expect to see him too often as a rookie. If he develops, though, he has the potential to turn into a very good starter.

Reactions: huskerj12
Tampa Bay fan site reaction to the pick here, "Watch Kenny Bell's highlights and get excited, Buccaneer fans!"

Kenny Bell's career highlight video is certainly stacked with fantastic plays. We'll miss that guy, a lot. Sometimes had a hard time staying healthy but he was healthy enough to break most of our career receiving records.

Buccaneer fans' comments are interesting reading, too. Some comments on how well he adjusted to poorly thrown passes and interest in seeing how he'll do with better QB play "I don't think a QB stepped into a single throw in these highlights... "

More from that site reviewing their draft. Can't argue with the analysis on Bell, really.
Bell's a fairly big and very fast receiver who has a lot of big-play potential. In fact, if you watch him play you basically only see big plays and big blocks -- this is not a move-the-chains receiver who beats cornerbacks with shifty route running. He's a straight-line, deep receiver who can make some amazing catches with great body control.

So why did he fall this far? Because he's pretty raw, can't beat press coverage and isn't very good at all of the small catches that tend to be the bread and butter of NFL offenses. He's not quick twitch, and he's not a great route runner. Bell should start as a valuable special teamer, and perhaps a rotational receiver -- though I wouldn't expect to see him too often as a rookie. If he develops, though, he has the potential to turn into a very good starter.

I dont undstand the "quick twitch" comments. His three cone time was third among receivers. 10'9 broad jump and a 41" verticle. He can make people miss.....what are they talking about with quick twitch?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT