ADVERTISEMENT

Before buying into the Spring optimism

The optimism this year is realistic compared to previous years. We have real reasons to believe things will be better. Nobody is claiming we will be great. But we strongly believe there will be improvement. The roster is better and deeper. And one thing not many people are mentioning is our young coaching staff is continuing to learn. I believe last year was a huge learning year for the coaches and players and we continue to hear about the changes they're making.

The optimism this year is realistic compared to previous years. We have real reasons to believe things will be better. Nobody is claiming we will be great. But we strongly believe there will be improvement. The roster is better and deeper. And one thing not many people are mentioning is our young coaching staff is continuing to learn. I believe last year was a huge learning year for the coaches and players and we continue to hear about the changes they're making.
I agree. There are reasons for optimism this year. I am looking forward to this season. I think we will surprise people with how much better we will be this year. Not drinking any kool aid here either. Assuming these coaches can coach we do have more talent this year and depth. With one exception... quarterback. The QB position is the great unknown. AMart has to stop the turnovers and he needs consistency with his passes. Also, he MUST stay healthy. There is zero experience behind him.

I agree. There are reasons for optimism this year. I am looking forward to this season. I think we will surprise people with how much better we will be this year. Not drinking any kool aid here either. Assuming these coaches can coach we do have more talent this year and depth. With one exception... quarterback. The QB position is the great unknown. AMart has to stop the turnovers and he needs consistency with his passes. Also, he MUST stay healthy. There is zero experience behind him.
I think one of the problems of having this outlook is that people want to be GREAT right NOW and it causes rational thinking to go out the window. We're comparing to other staffs, other schools, different situations. I'm just wanting to see improvements in talent, scheme, effort and win percentage. If that happens (I believe it will) then we are on the right track. We need to stick with Frost as long as we start having consistent progress and we will eventually get to being great again.

I can see valid reasons for some of the optimism, but we have been through this so many times before.

What I don't particularly like is when said 'optimism' is not based in reality. It's like someone telling a lie to your face in real time, with no basis in anything factual.. that doesn't make sense to me, and in fact feels more like someone is pushing a false narrative for political reasons to defend a staff that for all purposes seems pretty inept at this point.

I'm optimistic just like every year because NU Football is something I look forward to, but I will probably be let down again. I hope this year we prove it a little and show some progress.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT