ADVERTISEMENT

Beer will be available at

Well I wasn't all that impressed with omaHogs. IF that's any indication.... I'm good.

Quite frankly as hard as it is to get out of memorial stadium I'd hate to do it more alcohol influence. Most tailgaters have somewhat sobered up by the end of the game

The problem is the university also announced that tailgate lots will only open 6 hours before kickoff. Quite the buzz kill for night/afternoon games.

Reactions: leodisflowers
So apparently that’s 8 schools now in the B1G that will permit beer/wine for football. It’s just a matter of time for DONU to do so also. I could see this being rolled out in limited fashion for certain games in the
Fall of 2022 to gauge interest and feedback. Revenue from a $15.00 16oz beer given to you in a souvenir cup will be too hard to pass up for the AD.

GBR!

So apparently that’s 8 schools now in the B1G that will permit beer/wine for football. It’s just a matter of time for DONU to do so also. I could see this being rolled out in limited fashion for certain games in the
Fall of 2022 to gauge interest and feedback. Revenue from a $15.00 16oz beer given to you in a souvenir cup will be too hard to pass up for the AD.

GBR!

I think it could still happen this year. Huge money making g opportunity.

These people here are infatuated with Busch Light, so don't expect good beer or short lines at the restrooms.

World better beware - more "drunk-as-a-skunk" Hawkeyes roaming (or passed out) in Iowa City in the future. And a "drunk-as-a-skunk" Hawkeye is a pretty sorry-looking and ugly sight! Laughing

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigred_b1624
It would be nice if NU's boosters of substance could finally enjoy a cocktail in the skyboxes. </sarcasm font>
Ha! I have done the skyboxes for the spring game and it is basically a full bar.

I guess a lot of them just UPS/FedEx their booze to the box during the week.

Ha! I have done the skyboxes for the spring game and it is basically a full bar.

I guess a lot of them just UPS/FedEx their booze to the box during the week.
Or just the intern delivering boxes full of booze that somehow the security doesn't know about. For the record, I'm fine with it - but it is another case of turning a blind eye for some and not others. Let people drink if they want to (and are of legal age).

Or just the intern delivering boxes full of booze that somehow the security doesn't know about. For the record, I'm fine with it - but it is another case of turning a blind eye for some and not others. Let people drink if they want to (and are of legal age).
I am all for it. Huge money source and I think NU made a mistake not doing it as soon as they could, to hell with the tea totalers!

I am all for it. Huge money source and I think NU made a mistake not doing it as soon as they could, to hell with the tea totalers!
I think it would be awesome to let one local brewery and/or bar have a beer tent inside as well, one different one for each home game, let them sell as much as they can.

So as far as college games go, Minny and Purdue were the two places I visited that sold beer. Did it add to the game? Not really, it sort of just kept me from sneaking in more booze that I normally would have.

Sort of like Jay's games, I buy the drinks there because I can, they are selling them. If they did not sell them I would just sneak in some shooters.

We still brought in shooters and jello shots to the Purdue game, even though we knew they sold beer.

Things will be different when TO passes away unless Ricketts undermines the it further..

Have you ever seen a drunk as a skunk fan that was good looking no matter what kind of fan they were?

Have you ever seen a drunk as a skunk fan that was good looking no matter what kind of fan they were?
Well Iowa Hawkeye fans are disgusting before being drunk so the drunk ones are the very worst! Winking

I have never understood the "if they serve beer everyone will become an asshole" crowd, have you been to anyplace where they serve beer? Some of you act like it turns into a Steven Segal bar-movie scene.

Last edited:
The problem is the university also announced that tailgate lots will only open 6 hours before kickoff. Quite the buzz kill for night/afternoon games.
How are they going to monitor that one for games 2:30 or after?Laughing

I have never understood the "if they serve beer everyone will become an asshole" crowd, have you been to anyplace where they serve beer? Some of you act like it turns into a Steven Segal bar-movie scene.

NFL games are pretty awful to attend in person and alcohol had a lot to do with it. I enjoy tailgating more than the games anymore but the cost of beers and the subsequent bathroom trips are enough of a deterrent for me. Whatever makes the athletic dept more money I am all for.

Even as a lover of beer, I am against alcohol being sold in stadium. I like that it isn’t sold there.

NFL games are pretty awful to attend in person and alcohol had a lot to do with it. I enjoy tailgating more than the games anymore but the cost of beers and the subsequent bathroom trips are enough of a deterrent for me. Whatever makes the athletic dept more money I am all for.
I’ve heard from Viking and Cowboy fans that the Philadelphia Eagle fans are brutal at their home games they harass and want to start fights …

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT