ADVERTISEMENT

Be honest.

Our middle linebacker looked great at times under Riley and last year. He is now a liability.

we have a coaching issue. There are no excuses on this. I believe our coach has mismanaged the players fragile expectations. I think he came in with an idea that he believed would work, since it worked everywhere else and it’s not working.
He needs to adjust. I think he’s losing this team. I’m not afraid to say it.

I want Frost to work but the guy gets beat consistently by crappy teams. Quit telling me that our players suck. They don’t. They are under coached and sometimes clueless but they don’t suck. They could be taught better. They would fight if they cared. They don’t care and they quit fighting as soon as they meet resistance.

that is on the staff.

our coach is being paid $5mm to learn how to coach. He better get it figured out because that will turn into a stress nobody wants, and probably already is

It does have that feel.

Some people have not learned reality or don't want to admit it. Former players that took in practices during the spring and fall said this was not a talented team but the freshman class looked really good. Many of them said it would be a struggle to make a bowl game.

The local media are full of idiots. Been saying that for years and years. One guy at the OMW used to be a message board poster (lol) and is a heart attack waiting to happen. Sipple is at least reasoned in most of his stuff. The radio guys and other media folks were being incredibly idiotic in what they were publishing and then the national media started to chim in since the local media was doing it. Then comes media days and the media picks Nebraska to win the Big Ten West. Fricken dumbos.

If they had been saying making a bowl game would be very good progress then they would have been realistic.

We started spring ball last year with ZERO scholarship running backs during the spring game. To expect a bunch of new guys to come in, including Washington and his issues, to make a huge difference was so idiotic you have to question their entire football IQ. It was well known that starting a redshirt freshman that never took a snap at center was going to be an early struggle. Anyone with a good football IQ knew there would be issues with linecalls, etc, until he got comfortable with that. He has made major strides in that area but a work in progress. Another spring will pay off majorly for him.

Then we had a WR unit that we KNEW didn't have a deep threat.

Then we knew the D was not more talented at the starting spots than your average D in the Big Ten.

For one with an actual good football IQ knew this would be a struggle this year and making a bowl game was/is the goal.

8 wins this year was NEVER realistic.
Some people have not learned reality or don't want to admit it. Former players that took in practices during the spring and fall said this was not a talented team but the freshman class looked really good. Many of them said it would be a struggle to make a bowl game.

The local media are full of idiots. Been saying that for years and years. One guy at the OMW used to be a message board poster (lol) and is a heart attack waiting to happen. Sipple is at least reasoned in most of his stuff. The radio guys and other media folks were being incredibly idiotic in what they were publishing and then the national media started to chim in since the local media was doing it. Then comes media days and the media picks Nebraska to win the Big Ten West. Fricken dumbos.

If they had been saying making a bowl game would be very good progress then they would have been realistic.

We started spring ball last year with ZERO scholarship running backs during the spring game. To expect a bunch of new guys to come in, including Washington and his issues, to make a huge difference was so idiotic you have to question their entire football IQ. It was well known that starting a redshirt freshman that never took a snap at center was going to be an early struggle. Anyone with a good football IQ knew there would be issues with linecalls, etc, until he got comfortable with that. He has made major strides in that area but a work in progress. Another spring will pay off majorly for him.

Then we had a WR unit that we KNEW didn't have a deep threat.

Then we knew the D was not more talented at the starting spots than your average D in the Big Ten.

For one with an actual good football IQ knew this would be a struggle this year and making a bowl game was/is the goal.

8 wins this year was never realistic.
I agree with everything maybe except the 8 wins. It WAS possible. I think we have 3 one score losses right now? ALL of those games were VERY winnable games and would have put us at 7 wins with Maryland left. 8 was realistic. It didn't happen but that shows you how thin the margin for error is in football.. We SHOULD probably be 7-2 right now. Is it coaching,injuries, talent or attitude? IMO, it's all of the above. Frost and his staff have made mistakes. IMO a lack of talent at some positions has hurt us. I'm not completely sold on the attitude thing but losing is a tough thing to fight through. There is NO doubt that injuries have killed us at safety and QB. Our lack of quality depth at linebacker and in the O line is ridiculous and lays directly at the feet of our former staff IMO.

Reactions: leodisflowers
It does have that feel.
Our MLB looked exactly the same under Riley as he does now. He made mistakes and took himself out of plays back then too. He got blown up by linemen and couldn't get off of blocks then either. I will say that having Gifford beside him probably helped him last year and he looked better late in the year last year.

I think Frost came in here with the A B C plan in place to flip this around. Much of that plan was based soley on what worked in the PAC12 and AAC. As we all know Frost is very confident person. Even when that plan is not working, he is determined to stay the course and make it work. I think the regression we are seeing is players realizing this is not working and they are losing faith in Frost. I said during MR. So in Frost mind the reason for the struggles are on the player lack of trying. Good coaches know how to take what they have and mold it to make it work. They don't need fancy schemes, or top level talent. Frost is showing he is unable to adjust and adapt to what he has. He is taking his square peg and forcing it into that round hold. It isn't working.

I am someone smart enough to realize Nebraska fans dillusion of going back to dominance of yesteryear likely won't be happening. That's what I know. You, on the other hand, are throwing a tantrum because you expect them to and it's not happening currently. Time for a wake up call for you dude.
We may not go back to the level of dominance that was seen in the 1990’s but when things come together (and they will) our ceiling will be higher than the Iowa Hawkeyes.

This is a big part of your problem, IMO.

Frost on how he would modify his system to work within the Big Ten
“I'm hoping the Big Ten has to modify their system to us."

I think Frost came in here with the A B C plan in place to flip this around. Much of that plan was based soley on what worked in the PAC12 and AAC. As we all know Frost is very confident person. Even when that plan is not working, he is determined to stay the course and make it work. I think the regression we are seeing is players realizing this is not working and they are losing faith in Frost. I said during MR. So in Frost mind the reason for the struggles are on the player lack of trying. Good coaches know how to take what they have and mold it to make it work. They don't need fancy schemes, or top level talent. Frost is showing he is unable to adjust and adapt to what he has. He is taking his square peg and forcing it into that round hold. It isn't working.
I watched the whole game yesterday. I didn't see a team that quit or didn't have faith in the coaches. I saw a team fighting til the end and a QB who didn't make the plays he could of and probably should have made. Yeah the D maybe could have done more and we had lots of individual break downs, but I didn't see a lack of effort or faith in the staff. JMHO. These kids know it when they watch the video. AM is already kicking himself and feels terrible about his performance. Domann made sportscenter late last night for going for the ball fake on that last TD. They feel awful. They know it was on them. JMHO. I'm not saying the game plan or play calls were terrific. I'm saying that IF everybody had just done their job, we would have won that game.

uberism is a Frost apologist that truly thinks that what Frost inherited is as bad as what Barry Alvarez inherited when he got the Wisconsin job, and no about of proof otherwise will shake him of that belief (for example....Nebraska's last 9-win season before 2018 was 2016; Wisconsin's last 9-win season before Alvarez was 1901) I suspect that if Frost doesn't win next season, he will then say that the shape of the program when Frost got here was similar to Marshall after the plane crash (another poster came up with that).

I agree with you but the 2017 class was pretty much a bust. It’s essentially like be placed on probation it was so bad. However, no improvement has been made this year we can all agree the progress is nonexistent.

Reactions: blackbones
No meltdown here. Just calling out your BS. I can’t help that you are bouncing all over the place.

I originally responded to you
We may not go back to the level of dominance that was seen in the 1990’s but when things come together (and they will) our ceiling will be higher than the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Maybe it will, maybe it won't. It won't happen just because you say it will. And why are you so certain other than having blinders on?

Iowa has now had more football success over the past 20 years (not two, but 20) than has Nebraska. When things come together? How long will that take? Today's recruits weren't even born in the 1990s. Steve Taylor on yesterday's post game talked all about this-- that "edge" Nebraska fans think they have doesn't exist. His own son, a top 200 recruit, who has a dad who loves Nebraska, doesn't even have Nebraska in his top 5 for this very reason. His own son has seen Iowa win more football games while on earth than Nebraska has.

Reactions: mustang_hawk
I thought that he would get to 7-8 wins quickly and then struggle to get over the hump. UCF looked like a well coached team and there is easily enough talent here now to get to 7-5 or 8-4.

Even in the 4-2 stretch last year, I would not say that this team looks well coached by any stretch of the imagination. That doesn't mean that the coaches suddenly lost their edge, but there are chemistry problems with this team and some coaching issues that got obscured by one year of success at UCF.

As a UCF fan it’s frustrating because we told all of you it wasn’t a well coached team and we were lectured and talked down to endlessly by nebraska fans.

He took O’Leary’s kids, implemented a healthy culture and ran an offense all but built for Florida speed. We were happy to have Frost learn on the job but it was clear he was still learning.

If y’all believe in what’s he’s about, you gotta ease up and let him learn because that’s exactly what you bought. And the first thing he needs to learn is that nepotism doesn’t work. Chins ain’t it.

Our middle linebacker looked great at times under Riley and last year. He is now a liability.

we have a coaching issue. There are no excuses on this. I believe our coach has mismanaged the players fragile expectations. I think he came in with an idea that he believed would work, since it worked everywhere else and it’s not working.
He needs to adjust. I think he’s losing this team. I’m not afraid to say it.

I want Frost to work but the guy gets beat consistently by crappy teams. Quit telling me that our players suck. They don’t. They are under coached and sometimes clueless but they don’t suck. They could be taught better. They would fight if they cared. They don’t care and they quit fighting as soon as they meet resistance.

that is on the staff.

our coach is being paid $5mm to learn how to coach. He better get it figured out because that will turn into a stress nobody wants, and probably already is

Riley was a terrible head coach, but Trent Bray and Keith Williams were better coaches than any of Frost's assistants.

Yet you'd trade Nebraska's national success for Iowa's over the past 20 years as Iowa has won more football games since 2001 than has Nebraska and has had 4 Top 10 finishes in the polls during that time and has beaten Nebraska 4 years in a row and 5 of last 6 meetings. And Nebraska? Let that sink in as you eat your humble pie.
No, I want better than Iowa’s “success”. You seem excited about beating Nebraska a few times in a row. So have most other programs. It’s not that big of a deal - that is the point. Yet you are exclaiming from a mountaintop that you have beaten the playground weakling? That’s why it’s humiliating going to work and having average to below average programs pity you.

Maybe it will, maybe it won't. It won't happen just because you say it will. And why are you so certain other than having blinders on?

Iowa has now had more football success over the past 20 years (not two, but 20) than has Nebraska. When things come together? How long will that take? Today's recruits weren't even born in the 1990s. Steve Taylor on yesterday's post game talked all about this-- that "edge" Nebraska fans think they have doesn't exist. His own son, a top 200 recruit, who has a dad who loves Nebraska, doesn't even have Nebraska in his top 5 for this very reason. His own son has seen Iowa win more football games while on earth than Nebraska has.

Steve Taylor has a son?

What’s his name?

I thought that he would get to 7-8 wins quickly and then struggle to get over the hump. UCF looked like a well coached team and there is easily enough talent here now to get to 7-5 or 8-4.

Even in the 4-2 stretch last year, I would not say that this team looks well coached by any stretch of the imagination. That doesn't mean that the coaches suddenly lost their edge, but there are chemistry problems with this team and some coaching issues that got obscured by one year of success at UCF.

Janne what are you Smoking? No theres not enough talent. Scott Frost won at UCF because thats where he could get players. You are a sinking ship right now recruiting wise. Titanic.

Our MLB looked exactly the same under Riley as he does now. He made mistakes and took himself out of plays back then too. He got blown up by linemen and couldn't get off of blocks then either. I will say that having Gifford beside him probably helped him last year and he looked better late in the year last year.

He had 112 tackles last year and was picked to be an all conf talent. So this must be yet another case of you seeing something and all the rest of us are ignorant.

He played fast last year and made plays. He plays lost now and has regressed. The 3-4 and scheme suck, so does the development. Results are all I go by. I don’t need to make up scenarios any more to justify anything. I hate to be so negative but I’m getting tired of what I’m seeing and losing hope that all the sudden it will magically get better. I really hope to be wrong

I love when Iowa and Wisconsin fans talk about history, they only talk about recent history or history that fits their viewpoint. Include it all or don’t include any of it. Yeah Iowa has had some impressive season wins, but what has Iowa done the last 20 years of any significance? Any National Titles? Any BIG-10 Championship wins? How about Rose Bowl wins? By the way, 20 years ago we beat Texas to win a Big-12 Conference Title and last played for a National Title 18 years ago in 2001. So shut up!

As far as your other question...Who do I look like? Nostradamus? I can’t tell you exactly when it will come together for Huskernation. The foundation is being totally rebuilt after 20 years of rot. My guess would be in 4-5 years you’ll see a much different Nebraska football team. They may not win every big game but they’ll definitely beat the teams they’re supposed to, have winning records, and will be going to bowl games. Around the 10 year mark they will be a potent team on both sides of the football. A well oiled machine with a lot of skill players. 20 years from now will win more significant games than Iowa. So once again shut up little brother and go away!

I love when Iowa and Wisconsin fans talk about history, they only talk about recent history or history that fits their viewpoint. Include it all or don’t include any of it. Yeah Iowa has had some impressive season wins, but what has Iowa done the last 20 years of any significance? Any National Titles? Any BIG-10 Championship wins? How about Rose Bowl wins? By the way, 20 years ago we had our last Big-12 Conference Title and last played for a National Title 18 years ago in 2001. So shut up!

As far as your other question...Who do I look like? Nostradamus? I can’t tell you exactly when it will come together for Huskernation. The foundation is being totally rebuilt after 20 years of rot. My guess would be in 4-5 years you’ll see a much different Nebraska football team. They may not win every big game but they’ll definitely beat the teams they’re supposed to, have winning records, and will be going to bowl games. Around the 10 year mark they will be a potent team on both sides of the football. A well oiled machine with a lot of skill players. 20 years from now will win more significant games than Iowa. So once again shut up little brother and go away!

Once again, when you've been left naked on the stage, you resort to history now dating back 20+ years. Ever stop to think that's your problem today-- you're more consumed with yesteryear than fixing the problems of the recent past?

Again, be the Mr. Tough Internet guy all you want, but for 20 years now Iowa has been a better football program than Nebraska with more national top rankings. Those are FACTS my friend, you can't talk your way out of. Mic drop.

Once again, when you've been left naked on the stage, you resort to history now dating back 20+ years. Ever stop to think that's your problem today-- you're more consumed with yesteryear than fixing the problems of the recent past?

Again, be the Mr. Tough Internet guy all you want, but for 20 years now Iowa has been a better football program than Nebraska with more national top rankings. Those are FACTS my friend, you can't talk your way out of. Mic drop.

Have Steve Taylor’s son recruiting profile?

I watched the whole game yesterday. I didn't see a team that quit or didn't have faith in the coaches. I saw a team fighting til the end and a QB who didn't make the plays he could of and probably should have made. Yeah the D maybe could have done more and we had lots of individual break downs, but I didn't see a lack of effort or faith in the staff. JMHO. These kids know it when they watch the video. AM is already kicking himself and feels terrible about his performance. Domann made sportscenter late last night for going for the ball fake on that last TD. They feel awful. They know it was on them. JMHO. I'm not saying the game plan or play calls were terrific. I'm saying that IF everybody had just done their job, we would have won that game.
Ok, if it is just guys not being in the right place at the right time. Why does it continually keep happening over and over and over. The same mistakes, the same missed tackles, the same gap coverage issues, the same lack of pass rush. It is so consistent that it is either coaching or it is mental. If it is mental, why are these players having such a hard time getting out of their own heads. It seems like it is happening with Martinez now too.

How many wins did you predict before the season started?

I thought 8 was a bit of a reach and that six or seven was most likely. I got shit on hard for that on here. Looks like even I was being optimistic. We should have at least two more in the W column right now, but our poor coaching resulted in losses.
I said I’d be happy with 8-4 realistically I said 7-5 I got blasted. Do I see 3 games the coaches screwed the pooch you bet. But it’s also on the players, the coaches can’t make Vedral not fumble or Adrian not throw a int. Or defensive players biting on fakes or losing containment.

Ok, if it is just guys not being in the right place at the right time. Why does it continually keep happening over and over and over. The same mistakes, the same missed tackles, the same gap coverage issues, the same lack of pass rush. It is so consistent that it is either coaching or it is mental. If it is mental, why are these players having such a hard time getting out of their own heads. It seems like it is happening with Martinez now too.

and against a 2-6 team obliterated by injury, mind you.

Yea, we have coaching issues. Anything else is just crap

Reactions: Chuck003

You were the one that said 20 years. Don’t be mad at me because I just pointed out what we did at the start of that 20 year period trumps anything Iowa has done EVER in the same 20 year period. As far as dating back, what difference does it make whether it be 2, 5, 10, or 20 years ago? It’s ALL history and that is what you fail to understand.

Iowa has been the better team in recent history. So what? Things change as we found out in the last 20 years. Iowa has been good the last 20 years not great. That sound you heard was you pissing your pants before you dropped the mic because you know I’m right.

You were the one that said 20 years. Don’t be mad at me because I just pointed out what we did at the start of that 20 year period trumps anything Iowa has done EVER in the same 20 year period. As far as dating back, what difference does it make whether it be 2, 5, 10, or 20 years ago? It’s ALL history and that is what you fail to understand.

Iowa has been the better team in recent history. So what? Things change as we found out in the last 20 years. Iowa has been good the last 20 years not great. That sound you heard was you pissing your pants before you dropped the mic because you know I’m right.

What I'm right about is that trying to catch Iowa is your new secret standard. Honestly, that would be a good starting point-- catch up to Iowa and Wisconsin first (and maybe even Minnesota now). Then after that, set your sights on being relative in the B1G West. Then, if you can ever master it, try staying there. Then after that, try matching yourself with Ohio State and Penn State and others in the league (they are today what you were back in the 70s and 80s). Not trying to be cruel to you-- just giving you reality. Now I get you might be dead before any of this happens, but none of us are getting out of this world alive.

Last edited:
Reactions: NashvilleCy
No clue, but I knew without question that we shouldn’t have been ranked going into this season. We were 4-8 for the love of God. The only piece I didn’t expect, was the regression of AM. I do think he has the best skill set, but man, the missed open receivers destroy his advantage over the other QBs on the roster. That said, we are hoping this kid will get back to that growth progression for the next 2+ seasons. As long as we don’t panic, we can get him back there. But bottom line, with this roster, he MUST be a difference maker, or we are in trouble for the next year or 2.

What I'm right about is that trying to catch Iowa is your new secret standard. Honestly, that would be a good starting point-- catch up to Iowa and Wisconsin first. Then after that, set your sights on being relative in the B1G West. Then, if you can ever master it, try staying there. Then after that, try matching yourself with Ohio State and Penn State and others in the league (they are today what you were back in the 70s and 80s).
The only thing I’ll agree with is the trying to match Ohio State part. They are the gold standard in the Big-10. They destroyed Wisconsin and would destroy Iowa also if you guys played them this year.

The only thing I’ll agree with is the trying to match Ohio State part. They are the gold standard in the Big-10. They destroyed Wisconsin and would destroy Iowa also if you guys played them this year.

When have you last beaten Ohio State- or even gave them a game? Iowa last beat OSU two years ago when OSU was supposed to destroy Iowa. Instead, Iowa won by 31. Be careful for every finger you point, two will come back at ya.

A struggle is no surprise to me. I correctly understood things going into this. Once Frost has all starters of his own recruits is when you will see things take a big jump forward on the field. The older guys never learned how to win and now it's too late for them.

The good news is there is only one more year of those guys being around and then it will be Frost's team.
Nebraska is still 3-4 years off from winning 9. So much is dependent on the line play. Last seasons recruits will be red shirt freshmen next year. It takes at a minimum of two years to get them productive and a third to excel. That's reality.

@frydaze The silence is deafening.

What's not deafening is the noise you've created about yourself to a simple original reply to you on your tantrum post that has you completely consumed now and completely crazed in meltdown mode. You've taken it down many dirt paths and you keep failing on all.

There are many great and educated Nebraska fans on this board that get it. You just happen to be one that doesn't-- and I pointed it out to you and you are struggling accepting that. So chill out. It will get better- maybe not in your lifetime, but in your kids or grand kids.

When have you last beaten Ohio State- or even gave them a game? Iowa last beat OSU two years ago when OSU was supposed to destroy Iowa. Instead, Iowa won by 31. Be careful for every finger you point, two will come back at ya.
We last beat Ohio State in 2011. Largest come from behind victory in program history.

Ohio State was heavily favored last year when we almost upset them in The Horseshoe.

When have you last beat Wisconsin? Because that is who you play next week and the one you should be focusing on right now instead of trolling over here twerp.

We last beat Ohio State in 2011. Largest come from behind victory in program history.

Ohio State was heavily favored last year when we almost upset them in The Horseshoe.

When have you last beat Wisconsin? Because that is who you play next week and the one you should be focusing on right now instead of trolling over here twerp.

Answer: Iowa last beat Wisconsin in 2015.

Nebraska has lost 6 in a row to Wisconsin and last beat them in 2012. RollingLaughRollingLaugh

What's not deafening is the noise you've created about yourself to a simple original reply to you on your tantrum post that has you completely consumed now and completely crazed in meltdown mode. You've taken it down many dirt paths and you keep failing on all.

There are many great and educated Nebraska fans on this board that get it. You just happen to be one that doesn't-- and I pointed it out to you and you are struggling accepting that. So chill out. It will get better- maybe not in your lifetime, but in your kids or grand kids.

Oh, so you were talking out of your ass again? Imagine that!

Stop blaming only Frost for it. At minimum, the fans own a good chunk of it too. The fan base bought in hook, line, and sinker-- they DEMANDED Frost be brought in and they got their wish. Then once here, most fans had over-the-top unrealistic expectations. And you huskerbaseball, are as guilty as everyone else.

One reason you're pissed right now is because you believe the B1G West title should be Nebraska's right now-- this year. Yes, people who know this stuff far better than you do, like former Husker QB Steve Taylor, say this program is very void on talent currently. In other words, there was no chance NU was going to win it this year-- yet you thought they should.

Does Frost say all the right things in pressers? YES. DO his actions show changes of improvement in all phases? NO. That we agree on.

However, stop playing victim as a fan. You're acting like a spoiled brat who didn't get his favorite tricycle for Christmas and is throwing a tantrum.
Actually the big ten media thought NU should be West champions this year. Nice try Iowa fan

Domann's play might be a bit of a microcosm of the problem. He certainly knows that he should have had contain on that play. If he has trust in the system, he comes up a couple of yards past the line and holds contain. He either totally forgot what his job is (not likely), or he does not trust the system/players to do their job and is trying to cover for them. You can't have a defense where everyone is doing their own thing. I think that there is a similar issue on offense where AM doesn't trust his line and, more importantly, doesn't trust some of his receivers to be on the same page or to get open. This offense is efficient when run with quick decisions, precise timing, and speed. These all require a high level of trust that doesn't appear to currently exist.

If I was in Frost's position, I think I would try to simplify both the offensive and defensive playbooks. That might not help against WI, but should help down the road. Take 15-20 plays and perfect them. Look at your issues at certain positions and plan around them. If your right tackle can't pass protect one on one, get him some help, roll the pocket to the left, use QB run game to slow down the rush, etc. Right now, you are embarrassing an player that is not in their natural position and not able to do what is required by the design of the play. You can say that players just need to execute, but asking them to do something that they can't is just bad coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT