ADVERTISEMENT

BB

planored

Athletic Director
Aug 5, 2003
and why prob generally hate the sport is,officiating. So inconsistent and quite honestly it is gambling money sport. Some of the calls are such bs, it is frustrating to watch. NBA I haven't watched a game in prob 10 yrs, college usually some in March Madness. Watch occasional Neb game, they seem to have a pretty decent team, but still, officiating pisses me off.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
Honeztly I have no idea what the gripes are against the refs.

Officials don't miss free throws.
Officials don't throw up long threes with 20-plus seconds on the shot clock left
Officials don't consistently lose the rebounding statistical game
Officials don't leave their best player wide open with 2 seconds left on the shot clock

It's not time to press the panic button but there's some serious deficiencies with this team

Just a general observation of BB in my view, never any consistent calls. Neb played Ike shit no doubt. i said that n other thread, completely out coached when we were up 15-9.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
and why prob generally hate the sport is,officiating. So inconsistent and quite honestly it is gambling money sport. Some of the calls are such bs, it is frustrating to watch. NBA I haven't watched a game in prob 10 yrs, college usually some in March Madness. Watch occasional Neb game, they seem to have a pretty decent team, but still, officiating pisses me off.
I attended almost every ASU home game the year Isaac Burton and Stevin Smith, their star, were shaving points. I had no idea anything was fishy in the affected 4 or 5 games. Ironically, it was one of ASU’s best teams ever.

Honeztly I have no idea what the gripes are against the refs.

Officials don't miss free throws.
Officials don't throw up long threes with 20-plus seconds on the shot clock left
Officials don't consistently lose the rebounding statistical game
Officials don't leave their best player wide open with 2 seconds left on the shot clock

It's not time to press the panic button but there's some serious deficiencies with this team

Agree. I understand griping about officiating to an extent, because we all do it at one time or another. But some people obsess over it and can’t wait to flood a conversation with complaints about the officials. That’s a bad look, IMO.

Undoubtedly the complaints have increased because basically every game you care about is televised in high-definition now. But technology has also markedly improved the overall quality of officiating - including the advent of instant replay.

Officiating sports at a high level is incredibly difficult. They’re not out there to screw Nebraska or anybody else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT