ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Uniforms

Husker223

Sep 4, 2018
Did the logo on the basketball uniforms tonight used to be UNOs logo?

AFZNBRFQK5BUFEIKYYIZXMVG74.jpg

That logo, minus the basketball, was used by UNL back in the 80s. Not really by the athletic department, but on a lot of university publications, advertisements, etc. A lot of people commented at the time that it looked like it would be a better fit for UNO.

Reactions: bigboxes
I've got a hand-me-down sweatshirt and a coffee mug from the 80's with that logo.

That logo, minus the basketball, was used by UNL back in the 80s. Not really by the athletic department, but on a lot of university publications, advertisements, etc. A lot of people commented at the time that it looked like it would be a better fit for UNO.

When I got accepted to UNL, all my correspondence had that logo (without the basketball lines).

Reactions: Bold Words
It's simply an aesthetically terrible logo. No amount of nostalgia could make it cool

More importantly, is that a missed foul on baby Wagner.
They missed lots of fouls. Every time one of our guys drove to the hoop they ended up on their back and they rarely got a call. Cross drives, gets hammered by one of their bigs and they call a travel on Cross. Later on a Meatchicken big hooks Cross to go around him, stumbles, and Cross gets another foul. Somewhere in there the crappy play by play guys go off about the technical they called on Wagner for taunting one of our guys after a blocked shot. Mind you it wasn't a one or two word shout, it was an all the way down the court scream directed at our guy. I guess I don't remember when screaming for 10 seconds at your opponent was ever considered "part of the game" as the announcers insisted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT