ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball school?

Riled Up

Walk On
Oct 13, 2019
Don't get me wrong, I love watching 22 massive college kids run into eachother as much as the next guy, but I have so much faith in Hoiberg, basketball is my new favorite thing to watch. Hypothetically if he can take us to the tournament year in and year out, and our football program keeps tanking, how long until we are a basketball school?

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I would love to be a basketball school. hell, I'd love for NU to be known for any wide-reaching men's sport again.

Nebraska will never be viewed as a 'basketball school' no matter how bad things could possibly get with the football program.

Don't get me wrong, I love watching 22 massive college kids run into eachother as much as the next guy, but I have so much faith in Hoiberg, basketball is my new favorite thing to watch. Hypothetically if he can take us to the tournament year in and year out, and our football program keeps tanking, how long until we are a basketball school?

we have to hold faith in our football team. At the very worst, we need to at least see how our team looks after year 3. We should see a big step this next season. Adding Lubick and having that much returning experience, we should see progress. I definitely don’t see us struggling like we have the past 3 seasons. We should definitely see a much improved team and it’s only a matter of time before we our winning 8-10 games a year.

But I agree with a frew on here, we won’t have to chose. We can be good at both. Hoiberg will for sure have us winning and soon. Basketball is a lot easier to turn around then football. That’s for sure.

Last edited:
I'm always optimistic about my Huskers and I drink the Kool Aid, but the O/U at 6.5 is worrisome. We also have a top 10 most difficult schedule.

This year will probably be rougher than we'd like.

I'm always optimistic about my Huskers and I drink the Kool Aid, but the O/U at 6.5 is worrisome. We also have a top 10 most difficult schedule.

This year will probably be rougher than we'd like.

right and you have to remember (which I’m sure you haven’t forgotten) we have struggled as recently and no one will give any credit till we show other wise. Once we show progress that o/u 6.5 will start changing. So myself, I ignore that crap and in wait and see mode. We really could break out this year. Plus side is, when a school recruits top 20 to Top 15 every year...USUALLY it’s just a matter of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: jflores
Husker Basketball would have to pass Volleyball...good luck with that.

5d4e165220efa.image.jpg

5ac15e051007d.image_-1024x684.jpg

Husker Basketball would have to pass Volleyball...good luck with that.

5d4e165220efa.image.jpg

On the female side of things, no one is ever passing our volleyball team. Even when J Cook steps down, Moos will go out there and hire another big time HC (our ladies volleyball team is like the Clemson or Bama of football) and the ladies will just keep on keeping on. GBR

On the female side of things, no one is ever passing our volleyball team. Even when J Cook steps down, Moos will go out there and hire another big time HC (our ladies volleyball team is like the Clemson or Bama of football) and the ladies will just keep on keeping on. GBR

I didn't know you were a lady.
PDKzCpu.png

ADVERTISEMENT