ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Progress

HuskerDozer

Senior
Gold Member
Oct 14, 2013
Ralston
This is just for Husker Basketball fans only. I want to know what the basketball fans have to say! Where do you guys think we should be at at this point in Miles tenure? Myself I have been used to hoping for at least a winning season that past 15 years are so. I do think we are on the right track. Im not sure what happened behind the scenes but I think last years issues went beyond basketball. I hope Miles was able to fix all those issues. I do think that if our coaching staff can keep recruiting like they have and seal a couple big time recruits. There is no reason we shouldn't have a great future. My biggest concern though is what happened this last season. I hope those issues are past us! How do you guys feel and please know that Miles has been here for less then 5 years!!!

Reactions: The Clutch
This is just for Husker Basketball fans only. I want to know what the basketball fans have to say! Where do you guys think we should be at at this point in Miles tenure? Myself I have been used to hoping for at least a winning season that past 15 years are so. I do think we are on the right track. Im not sure what happened behind the scenes but I think last years issues went beyond basketball. I hope Miles was able to fix all those issues. I do think that if our coaching staff can keep recruiting like they have and seal a couple big time recruits. There is no reason we shouldn't have a great future. My biggest concern though is what happened this last season. I hope those issues are past us! How do you guys feel and please know that Miles has been here for less then 5 years!!!
was disappointed about last season, but feel it was a short-term issue. Due to Petteway's mother's health, it was difficult for him to focus on basketball. We lacked a true point guard, and are forward 3-point shooting was bad. Miles appears to have good recruits coming in next year and the overseas trip this summer should help them gel before start of fall b-ball camp. That being said, he MUST recruit 2 big men before next season or we will have problems on the boards!

I was also disappointed in this past season but I do think that this last year was a hiccup! Miles is going to have the team ready to play EVERY GAME next year. I will love to see all of the new faces. I think our freshman will be a very good upgrade!!

Reactions: sf49erfan
Season ticket holder since 86 the talk earlier this year about Miles job on the line is ridiculous.
He has attracted talent and got them here like Nee used to which is what creates success.
As Barry Switzer said it's not the X's and the 0's it's the Jimmie's and the Joe's

For Miles, it definitely has to be about Jimmie's and Joe's because he isn't going to win games with X's and O's, special situations (presses, press breaks, inbounds plays), or bringing his team back from adversity.

Probably right, his offense always sucks against a zone. The big ten coaches do speak highly of him though. He certainly deserves a contract extension. They were picked 13th and finished 4th in the league.

ADVERTISEMENT