ADVERTISEMENT

Based on current 22' recruiting interest (or lack thereof), next season is do or die for Frost

We not you may have not liked the results the past few years but we now have better coaches than we had prior to hiring Frost and Hoieberg..

to date by the numbers:

Frost has been at Neb for 3 years - his record is currently 12-20
the record of his predecessor for the prior 3 years was ... 19-19

Hoiberg has been at Neb for 2 years - his record is currently 14-42
the record of his predecessor for the prior 2 years was......... 41-28

to date by the numbers:

Frost has been at Neb for 3 years - his record is currently 12-20
the record of his predecessor for the prior 3 years was ... 19-19

Hoiberg has been at Neb for 2 years - his record is currently 14-42
the record of his predecessor for the prior 2 years was......... 41-28

It’s not where we are, it’s where we’re going....

Miles left the cupboard bare for FH and Riley had a bunch a soft Pac-12 team in a Big 10 conference..

Pick any program now that would take Jack Benny Riley over Scott Frost and Tim Miles over Fred Hoieberg...

Name one.

It’s not where we are, it’s where we’re going....

Miles left the cupboard bare for FH and Riley had a bunch a soft Pac-12 team in a Big 10 conference..

Pick any program now that would take Jack Benny Riley over Scott Frost and Tim Miles over Fred Hoieberg...

Name one.

name one program that would choose losing over not losing

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
name one program that would choose losing over not losing ... maybe the problem isn't the coaches

Thanks, knew you would not answer the question and choose another narrative as usual..

Last edited:
Reactions: timnsun
Thanks, knew you would not answer the question and choose another narrative as usually...

I think the bigger concern should be is if those 2 coaches are high quality then what is it about the university - athletic department - state - fans, etc, etc ... that conspire to result in quality coaches having historically bad records

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as stated earlier in the thread Moos has been at Neb since 2017 -- Neb and Oregon State are the only power 5 programs to have zero combined bowl games and projected NCAA tourney births (even Vanderbilt has achieved one of those) the last 4 years

when you look at the last 3 seasons where Moos has been AD for the full season - Neb football has a .375 winning percentage and basketball .346 -- combined = .361

Oregon State during this time frame = .422 winning percentage

Nebraska football and basketball programs the last 3 seasons have had 5 of 6 losing seasons (the only winning season was posted by Miles)

Oregon State football and basketball programs have had only 3 of 6 losing seasons

Neb has the worst combined football and men's basketball programs in all of power 5 sports under the current AD

Last edited:
jlb, That’s because we’re rebuilding the tragedy and was left with them... We had no future with either of those coaches is the bottom line..

You keep bring up the same drivel I’ll keep giving you the same reason why...

Reactions: bshirt73
What would they even do for classes?

Nevermind...Kentucky & education...two subjects that shouldn't be in the same discussion.
Good question but if they don’t have classes what are the kids going to do until practice or games? Part time jobs possible may attend classes at a community college

It's awfully hard for me to imagine that a kid like Morrison, if healthy, isn't at least a serviceable option at RB. His HS stats are just eye popping and the Badgers were trying to land this kid. Get Sevion and the Stepp kid healthy and NU has a good 1-2 at RB. A good defense and a workable ground attack wins games in the B1G.

Damn straight. Add a decent special teams would help boatloads too.

jlb, That’s because we’re rebuilding the tragedy and was left with them... We had no future with either of those coaches is the bottom line..

You keep being up the same drivel I’ll keep giving you the same reason why...

and I have never argued that Neb did -- only that the results of the current hires under the new AD have been and continue to be worse than their predecessors ... that is nowhere near claiming that Riley or Miles were good coaches

and I have never argued that Neb did -- only that the results of the current hires under the new AD have been and continue to be worse than their predecessors ... that is nowhere near claiming that Riley or Miles were good coaches

And no one would hire either one over SF or FH..

And no one would hire either one over SF or FH..

and like I said above .... if high quality coaches perform worse, no better, or only marginally better than poor coaches while at Neb then a more concerning scenario is that maybe it is isn't coaching but something else associated with the university that doesn't equip it's major athletic programs to compete in a power 5 conference ... you better hope it is just a simple matter of finding the right coach as the alternative is much less appealing

I said early on that Moos and Frost would morph Neb to the point where Iowa, Purdue, Illinois and Minnesota are viewed as present day peer programs rather than the likes of Oklahoma, Michigan, and USC. I hope I wasn't being too optimistic.

Last edited:
and like I said above .... if high quality coaches perform worse, no better, or only marginally better than poor coaches while at Neb then a more concerning scenario is that maybe it is isn't coaching but something else associated with the university that doesn't equip it's major athletic programs to compete in a power 5 conference ... you better hope it is just a simple matter of finding the right coach as the alternative is much less appealing

I said early on that Moos and Frost would morph Neb to the point where Iowa, Purdue, Illinois and Minnesota are viewed as present day peer programs rather than the likes of Oklahoma, Michigan, and USC. I hope I wasn't being too optimistic.

Kansas State is actively telling recruits that Klieman is proven to be a better coach than Frost. Nebraska's best are looking elsewhere, we are struggling big time right now in recruiting even in our own state and surrounding territory.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Not exactly sure how old you are, but given the strength of the Big 8 conference at that time, combined with a couple of OOC laugher games, it was mathematically impossible for NU to lose more games than it won. TO was only 4-3 in conference that year and it was viewed as a big problem.

Which years that we played crappy out of conference games are you referring too? For the most part during that time period we played at about 3 teams OOC that would be known as "power 5" schools by current day standards.

Now compared that to the OOC schedule we are played in the last 3 years. Not only that we are getting boat raced Keep in mind I KNOW EVERY TEAM we played....
Well, the two year extension after year two was - a VERY bold move - Moos essentially doubled down to the tune of $10 million on what was starting to look very possibly like a bad wager.

This will be a BIG PART of the reason why he would deserve to be fired. He had no reason giving him a 2 year extension when he hadn't done anything to warrant it, plus he still had 5 whole years to go on his contract! 5 years is a standard college contract.

Kansas State is actively telling recruits that Klieman is proven to be a better coach than Frost. Nebraska's best are looking elsewhere, we are struggling big time right now in recruiting even in our own state and surrounding territory.

He should be and I would be telling recruits that too because it is true right now. The thing is tho...this is NOTHING NEW. Other schools have been telling recruits that the last couple years...schools that would normally not have much a chance recruiting against us in that area. I've heard recruits say this.

Do people really think it's a coincidence that schools like Az St, Miami, Notre Dame, Minn, Iowa, Texas AM, Ok are showing up in Nebraska to recruit players?? No it's not, it's because we suck terribly right now.

If Nebraska was at least a 9-10 win program, Top 25 and got to a conference title games once every 2/3 years most those schools wouldn't have a chance getting any player that Nebraska REALLY WANTED!

Back to 2022 recruiting - Neb has a new 2022 QB offer out

current offers - UTSan Antonio and Neb

one of his most important tasks is to have a successful football program (preferably basketball as well) - he has been at Neb since 2017 and is presently failing ... combined, he has the worst 2 programs in the BIG

while he certainly was told to hire Frost by his uplines - the uplines don't get fired - his job is to take the hit for them .. he doesn't get to employ the Nuremberg defense of just following orders

much like in pro sports the owner and team president don't get fired - the coach and the person who hired the coach (the GM) do
For sure, I get why he would be the one to get fired. I just find it dumb that his job it tied to the success of Frost when most everyone said we HAD to get Frost here otherwise Moos would have been a failure.

Reactions: bshirt73
wow - didn't realize I posted this word for word before
messages are archived .. if you could kindly post my prior message I think that would provide valuable feedback

I'll wait ..... preciate it

Im going to go ahead and not do that. But you and I both know dam well, you post this exact same things over and over. A troll in desperate need of new material.
Head always turns to name calling when his view is weak, uninformed, or just off the cuff. You called his bluff and since he can't produce evidence backing up what he said you "always do" you get called a childish name of some sort every time.

Head always turns to name calling when his view is weak, uninformed, or just off the cuff. You called his bluff and since he can't produce evidence backing up what he said you "always do" you get called a childish name of some sort every time.
To be fair, the reality is 98% of jlb’s posts are anti Scott Frost. Does he say the same exact thing over and over? No. Does he only post negative stuff about Frost to get a rise out of certain posters (like me, as well...)? Without fail.

I can say without a doubt that I haven’t seen a single Frost supportive post from jlb in the last 2 years. Not a single one.

I am pretty sure that is what headcard is referencing... any chance to dog the coach, jlb takes.

To be fair, the reality is 98% of jlb’s posts are anti Scott Frost. Does he say the same exact thing over and over? No. Does he only post negative stuff about Frost to get a rise out of certain posters (like me, as well...)? Without fail.

I can say without a doubt that I haven’t seen a single Frost supportive post from jlb in the last 2 years. Not a single one.

I am pretty sure that is what headcard is referencing... any chance to dog the coach, jlb takes.

You are responding to a troll with little mans syndrome. Save your breath.

It's been said on here quite a bit, but I think this season is essentially make or break for Frost but I don't think they'll can him after this year regardless. Moos will give him at least his 5th year with how invested he is in Frost.

Not having one commit and not having the interest from some of the in state kids is concerning, but with the June 1 date I think a lot of players are waiting longer than normal to commit. There will be a huge number of commits all around the country mid to late summer if the restrictions ease and gets can get to campuses.
full 5 years, no vacation money

What isn't going to turn the program around is the 2021 recruiting class. It might be the weakest recruiting class of the last 50 years. Don't take my word for it, scroll through past recruiting classes and see for yourself. If you're an apologist, you can pull the "stars don't matter" nonsense, and argue that Frost is going to coach up these glorified walk-ons into stars. When he clearly hasn't developed a single guy on the roster worth a damn yet.

Frost is in way over his head, and his Pop Warner assistant coaches aren't helping. Frost won't win 12 games over the next three seasons, before being fired by the new AD. Whichever poor dumb bastard is hired to try to fix football/basketball/baseball/every other sport other than volleyball.

You are responding to a troll with little mans syndrome. Save your breath.
Who would have thought you would resort to name calling? I would because you are weak with absolutely nothing to say. Some things will never change.

Probably so. Just not familiar with him so trying to be nice.
Non-Husker fan troll who takes great pleasure in rubbing salt in the wounds of other fan bases and states. The highlight of his Husker board career has been his revelling in the death toll from COVID in states other than Minnesota where he supposedly works. There. Now you're familiar with him.

What isn't going to turn the program around is the 2021 recruiting class. It might be the weakest recruiting class of the last 50 years. Don't take my word for it, scroll through past recruiting classes and see for yourself. If you're an apologist, you can pull the "stars don't matter" nonsense, and argue that Frost is going to coach up these glorified walk-ons into stars. When he clearly hasn't developed a single guy on the roster worth a damn yet.

Frost is in way over his head, and his Pop Warner assistant coaches aren't helping. Frost won't win 12 games over the next three seasons, before being fired by the new AD. Whichever poor dumb bastard is hired to try to fix football/basketball/baseball/every other sport other than volleyball.
Help me understand this post. The 20th ranked class is the worst recruiting class in 50 years?

Good suggestion, I won’t take your word for it.

Actually I disagree. The standards at Nebraska have been lowered tremendously now. Any AD would know that no matter how horrible the programs are that he is IN CHARGE of are...he would be given at least 5 years at top pay.

All he has to do is boast, talk sh!t, some good one-liners "Harbaugh n Meyer hiding under their desks right now" and move the goalposts every year and he's GOLD!

Non-Husker fan troll who takes great pleasure in rubbing salt in the wounds of other fan bases and states. The highlight of his Husker board career has been his revelling in the death toll from COVID in states other than Minnesota where he supposedly works. There. Now you're familiar with him.

The fact someone would go to another message board, stalk the posters there and obsess, to this degree is really something. Someone that would do that obviously has some serious mental issues.

Now, they guy pretending to be a Husker fan is another whole level of crazy, the kind they make documentaries about.

Reactions: dinglefritz
SHOW ME THE POST! Never said anything like that. I think history on this board is liking post and not much else.

It went on for months this past year. You can scroll his hundreds of posts to find them.
You and Headcase make accusations and when you are to show proof you can't or say you won't back up what you say. Just might be another lie you won't admit to. So just continue what you do and you never have to be accountable.

ADVERTISEMENT