ADVERTISEMENT

Based on current 22' recruiting interest (or lack thereof), next season is do or die for Frost

Recruiting is the least of our concerns. There are plenty of reasons to be concerned, recruiting probably isn’t one of them. Also judging recruiting 11 months before signing day is odd.

closer to 9 months than 11. December is much busier for signees than February

No visits until June 1

3 of the top 5 instate players are showing zero interest in Nebraska.

little time to make big strides.

recruiting is the lifeblood of a program, it should always be a concern, especially when a program is struggling to win games for going on 5 years.

closer to 9 months than 11. December is much busier for signees than February

No visits until June 1

3 of the top 5 instate players are showing zero interest in Nebraska.

little time to make big strides.

recruiting is the lifeblood of a program, it should always be a concern, especially when a program is struggling to win games for going on 5 years.

The best coaches literally say recruiting is the key.

Yet we constantly get peopke say recruiting and stars dont matters.

Not all Alabama players hit.

They just recruit enough top talent to where they eve actually do hit on positions.

Last edited:
It's been said on here quite a bit, but I think this season is essentially make or break for Frost but I don't think they'll can him after this year regardless. Moos will give him at least his 5th year with how invested he is in Frost.

Not having one commit and not having the interest from some of the in state kids is concerning, but with the June 1 date I think a lot of players are waiting longer than normal to commit. There will be a huge number of commits all around the country mid to late summer if the restrictions ease and gets can get to campuses.

Until the NCAA/Big Ten actually figures out how many scholarships are allowed in the 2022 season, recruiting is a complete unknown. If they put the limit back to 85 Nebraska could sign 5 kids currently (89 - 6 seniors = 2 spots + over sign by 3).

Reactions: dinglefritz
Commits throughout the power 5 are down dramatically from a year ago. There isn't any reason to panic. imo, hs kids are getting screwed the most due to this scenario. Many of these kids have already missed a football season. Now they can only visit a program on their own dollar.

Next season is key for Frost in the sense that it will determine if he's on a hot seat going into 2022. He's been guaranteed 5 years to rebuild. In year 4, he has a very competent roster, the most experienced defense in D1 football, and an extremely talented QB with 25 career starts.

The best coaches literally say recruiting is the key.

Yet we constantly get peopke say recruiting and stars dont matters.

Not all Alabama players hit.

They just recruit enough top talent to where they eve actually do hit on positions.

I never said that. I said we have recruited well and it should pretty far down on our list of concerns, at the moment. We have had Top 20 classes every year since Frost has been here, I think this staff has proven they can recruit.

Commits throughout the power 5 are down dramatically from a year ago. There isn't any reason to panic. imo, hs kids are getting screwed the most due to this scenario. Many of these kids have already missed a football season. Now they can only visit a program on their own dollar.

Next season is key for Frost in the sense that it will determine if he's on a hot seat going into 2022. He's been guaranteed 5 years to rebuild. In year 4, he has a very competent roster, the most experienced defense in D1 football, and an extremely talented QB with 25 career starts.
I agree, but I personally think if Frost, being in his fourth season needs to get to a bowl game. 6 wins should be very obtainable for any fourth year coach worth his weight as he should now have all his recruits on board. I don't know if it will be a death nail for Frost if he has another losing season, but the grumblings amongst the fan base will not be pretty.

I agree, but I personally think if Frost, being in his fourth season needs to get to a bowl game. 6 wins should be very obtainable for any fourth year coach worth his weight as he should now have all his recruits on board. I don't know if it will be a death nail for Frost if he has another losing season, but the grumblings amongst the fan base will not be pretty.

I don't necessarily think a 6-6 season + a bowl game provides him security from being on the hot seat.

However, I absolutely know Frost is not going to be on the hot seat until year 5. The National Media and the board of Husker fans who are either banned or cant afford 9.95 per month suggest differently, but that's not reality.

This program was a dumpster fire from a talent standpoint when Frost took over. He negotiated the 5 years into his contract. Outside of Scott streaking naked down 0 street on the way to the quad, he is not on a hot seat.

I don't necessarily think a 6-6 season + a bowl game provides him security from being on the hot seat.

However, I absolutely know Frost is not going to be on the hot seat until year 5. The National Media and the board of Husker fans who are either banned or cant afford 9.95 per month suggest differently, but that's not reality.

This program was a dumpster fire from a talent standpoint when Frost took over. He negotiated the 5 years into his contract. Outside of Scott streaking naked down 0 street on the way to the quad, he is not on a hot seat.

The shortage of revenue due to Covid, the increased spending for Covid related protocols ie testing and masks don’t help the bottom line either. So in reality, the school can’t really afford to fire Frost and hire a replacement either.

giphy-3.gif

Reactions: Cornicator

Frost is Not going anywhere unless perhaps he would step down lol.
You idiots who think Frost is on the hot seat.....we'll your idiots.

Frost is Not going anywhere unless perhaps he would step down lol.
You idiots who think Frost is on the hot seat.....we'll your idiots.

it is quite amazing that he isn't feeling more heat

Nebraska is the only school in the BIG entering 2021 with a coach coming off back-to-back-to-back losing regular seasons at their current school

and this at an alleged blue blood program

Nebraska is the only school in the BIG entering 2021 with a coach coming off back-to-back-to-back losing regular seasons at their current school

Give Jack Benny Riley a pat on the back for us Mr Peabody..

Reactions: dinglefritz

Wow. You don’t say for the millionth time, word for word.

Wow. You don’t say for the millionth time, word for word.

wow - didn't realize I posted this word for word before
messages are archived .. if you could kindly post my prior message I think that would provide valuable feedback

I'll wait ..... preciate it

Last edited:
wow - didn't realize I posted this word for word before
messages are archived .. if you could kindly post my prior message I think that would provide valuable feedback

I'll wait ..... preciate it

Im going to go ahead and not do that. But you and I both know dam well, you post this exact same things over and over. A troll in desperate need of new material.

Frost will get 2 more seasons, unless we go 0-12 or 1-11 next season. But I'm not sure Moos will survive another losing football season.

It's been said on here quite a bit, but I think this season is essentially make or break for Frost but I don't think they'll can him after this year regardless. Moos will give him at least his 5th year with how invested he is in Frost.

Not having one commit and not having the interest from some of the in state kids is concerning, but with the June 1 date I think a lot of players are waiting longer than normal to commit. There will be a huge number of commits all around the country mid to late summer if the restrictions ease and gets can get to campuses.

If he has another losing season I don't think Moos will be around to make any hiring/firing decisions......

ADVERTISEMENT