ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Updated Baseball tidbits: Will Bolt confirms Tyler Martin no longer with the team, Matthews update

Grant Hansen

Walk On
Feb 3, 2022
Here are a couple of things I am hearing regarding the state of the program this morning.

1. Not a huge surprise here but Brice Matthews is unlikely to play this weekend following a knee injury he sustained in pregame warmups at Minnesota on Friday. Matthews had really started to turn things around as I will detail in my weekend preview that will come out on Thursday.

2. This is the big one. Hearing this afternoon that Tyler Martin is no longer with the program. Martin leads Nebraska in appearances and is fresh off pitching 1.2 innings in the 9-8 extra-inning loss to the Golden Gophers. In that outing, Martin allowed two unearned runs, struck out three and surrendered a walk. Martin has posted a 4.32 ERA, 24 strikeouts and 11 walks in 25 innings this season.

Both of these are serious stories to watch ahead of a make or break weekend series with Illinois. Head coach Will Bolt will speak with the media tomorrow before heading to Champaign and hopefully will provide comment on these two developing stories.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.