ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Team in tourney

10309735_801975576528648_5268965706416040962_n.jpg

Another fine Osborne hire! That guy knows his coaches! Atleast we have a guy who loves NU and will be here for the long run for NU baseball! 8th place in the Big Ten.....the ErstDUD way.

Another fine Osborne hire! That guy knows his coaches! Atleast we have a guy who loves NU and will be here for the long run for NU baseball! 8th place in the Big Ten.....the ErstDUD way.

I refuse to give up on this guy. I still think he is a dang good coach.

Sparky, I agree. I too think that DE is a good coach but this has been a very frustrating year.

Reactions: sparky62
I'd love to think Erstad is a good coach, but results matter, and the results just don't back that up. 1 regional appearance in 4 seasons doesn't cut it. Frustrating year doesn't even begin to describe the absolute collapse this team has encountered in 2 months. We have gone from being a shoo-in for a regional and having a good chance to host to only making it into the conference tournament by the skin of our teeth and having no shot at an at-large regional berth. In the first three seasons in the B1G, this team had never gotten swept. Not once. Now we are facing getting swept for the 3rd time this season. We just lost a series last week at home to a truly awful team that had not won a conference series in over 2 years. Those kind of things don't happen to a good coach. He's got a lot of work to do to prove his worth as a coach, and considering what we lose off this team for next year, it may be a steep hill to climb to get to a regional next year.

ADVERTISEMENT