ADVERTISEMENT

baseball season quietly done.

A

anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi

What a complete crap-show. 4 run lead in the 8th and lose by 2. Somehow I am not surprised.

What a complete crap-show. 4 run lead in the 8th and lose by 2. Somehow I am not surprised.

The not surprised comment is so true and it stings......tough to comprehend how we have completely crumbled to end the year like we did. Its the Big10 for Pete's sake.....we should be competing for the title every year!

The not surprised comment is so true and it stings......tough to comprehend how we have completely crumbled to end the year like we did. Its the Big10 for Pete's sake.....we should be competing for the title every year!

Thru 4 years...Erstad's claim to fame is beating Binghampton. Give the poor guy 1 more year, make a regional at minimum or send him packing.

This game was a microcosm of the entire season. A more fitting ending could not have been written.

Thru 4 years...Erstad's claim to fame is beating Binghampton. Give the poor guy 1 more year, make a regional at minimum or send him packing.

Yep, as much as I like Erstad as an ex-Husker, he should be given next year to figure it out, or he needs to go.

Yep, as much as I like Erstad as an ex-Husker, he should be given next year to figure it out, or he needs to go.

From a roster standpoint...next year is not looking so great. But who knows how the Big Ten will end up, I doubt it will be as good as it was this year. At this point I'm not sure Erstad knows what the hell he's doing.

I agree, but we'll have to hope he just resigns, because I don't see any way he ever gets fired. I'm hoping he cares enough about the program to see that he isn't getting it done if things don't improve.

Maybe someone in the Nebraska media should ask Barry Alvarez what he would recommend.
Barry could probably throw darts at a board and end up with a better hire than Osborne. How can such a good coach fail so hard on hand picking coaches? His only decent hire was a guy out of his comfort zone picking a "non" Nebraska guy. Surprising he didn't hire Bruce Chubik for basketball.

I like Erstad .... Husker legend. But we were the 8th seed in a traditionally crap conference. Hopefully things improve but we hired a husker rather than a someone with any type of experience. It would be like having a program who had just won 3 of the last 4 national titles and deciding to hand over the reigns to a running backs coach

Barry could probably throw darts at a board and end up with a better hire than Osborne. How can such a good coach fail so hard on hand picking coaches? His only decent hire was a guy out of his comfort zone picking a "non" Nebraska guy. Surprising he didn't hire Bruce Chubik for basketball.

I'm not impressed with some of Alvarez's hires either. Most notably Chryst; Chryst is not that good of a football coach.

I agree, but we'll have to hope he just resigns, because I don't see any way he ever gets fired. I'm hoping he cares enough about the program to see that he isn't getting it done if things don't improve.

The sad part is this; I'm not sure he can win without Will Bolt in the dugout. Whether Nebraska fans want to admit it or not, losing Will Bolt to A&M was a huge loss for this baseball program. Almost as much as Craig Smith for Nebrasketball.

Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT