ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Regional

6 inches inside is strike 3 to Palensky. 7-5 going to bot of the 8th.

schwallenback with a great barehanded play on a ball deflected by palkert. 2 out, man on 3rd.

Reactions: SOHusker11
be interesting to see what Erstad does in the 9th. would assume he just sticks with palkert and goes to Gomes if he gets in trouble.

RBI double, 8-5, 2nd and 3rd, 1 out that i missed somehow. people at my damn desk.

be interesting to see what Erstad does in the 9th. would assume he just sticks with palkert and goes to Gomes if he gets in trouble.
Might want Gomes to pitch with a bit of a cushion. He hasn't thrown for a while, has he?

mojo against breaking balls from LHP....not good. swings at two bad ones and then takes one right down the middle for strike 3. 2 outs for Gomes.

gomes a dribbler back to the box and it's to the bottom of the 9th up 3.

Amazing defense-you're not going to win many games by 3 runs when you give up 19 hits. First time in 11 years we've won a game on Day 1 of a regional. Hopefully sets us up nicely for a run-at least to make it to the championship.

Last edited:
I believe this is the second regional win for Erstad. The last one came in 2014 vs Binghamton in an elimination game.Today is the first time NU has won its opening regional game since 2008.

Great defense today and clutch hitting. Could have had more but UConn could have easily scored a few more as well. Great to be in the winners bracket. Hopefully we won't see UConn again.

Good win. Gave up a bunch of hits but turned a bunch of double plays

Duke had an 8-1 lead in the 9th against A&M but seems determined to give it away.

Final now: Duke hangs on 8-5

Last edited:
Reactions: Charlie Marlow
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT