ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Recruiting...

cdriftt24

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 29, 2012
Since the FB team is on a bye this week, I thought I'd talk a little baseball. Seems like Bolt and his staff are doing a nice job on the recruiting trail so far. Seem to be pulling in some nice talent. What do you all think?

Granted baseball recruiting is not covered the same way that football and basketball is covered, but according to Perfect Game, Nebraska has the 93rd best recruiting class for 2020. Based on this, I would say that they still have a lot of room for improvement. By comparison, the 2019 class ranked #69.

However, it seems that there has been an increased emphasis on Nebraska kids, which I think is probably the right move. We'll see how it pans out.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Granted baseball recruiting is not covered the same way that football and basketball is covered, but according to Perfect Game, Nebraska has the 93rd best recruiting class for 2020. Based on this, I would say that they still have a lot of room for improvement. By comparison, the 2019 class ranked #69.

However, it seems that there has been an increased emphasis on Nebraska kids, which I think is probably the right move. We'll see how it pans out.

I’d honestly be happy if we had marginally better performance, bet kept all of our instate talent.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Baseball recruiting is hard also because a lot of these kids that are bringing up rankings for teams will never play college baseball. So many kids go straight to the professional rank

Baseball recruiting is hard also because a lot of these kids that are bringing up rankings for teams will never play college baseball. So many kids go straight to the professional rank
Indeed. College baseball recruiting is about finding the kids that WANT to play college baseball or aren't good enough to go pro out of high school and NEED to develop a few more years. Weird middle ground.

I got excited a few years ago when the MLB was willing to pay for an additional scholarship per school that was already using their full allotment just to get more interest in the game. Too bad the NCAA poo-poo'd it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT