ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball NU-Michigan on BTN...

I only have the radio on, but sounds like Michigan is acting like entitled d-bags. In other breaking news, water is wet.

Reactions: trwebe
I only have the radio on, but sounds like Michigan is acting like entitled d-bags. In other breaking news, water is wet.
Mich coach was definitely correct in wanting an explanation but it went on way too long. Pitch was a ball low and inside. Batter stuck is leg out/leaned into it. Ball hit pants. Batter wanted to take base but ump called out by interference. Is that how they description on the radio??

Hallmark is one fast dude but got greedy and got fooled. Smart play by mich pitcher

Mich coach was definitely correct in wanting an explanation but it went on way too long. Pitch was a ball low and inside. Batter stuck is leg out/leaned into it. Ball hit pants. Batter wanted to take base but ump called out by interference. Is that how they description on the radio??
Yeah once they saw the replay.

Sooooo this game is so boring we needed to listen to that....on TV only

Their main complaint was that the whole thing dragged on too long. You have a pitcher who's cruising and he's standing out there waiting while the Michigan coach and player keep complaining about a call that ain't getting overturned.

Reactions: huskerfan66
If Nebraska can keep getting good pitching like this then they will be just fine as their bats will always come through at some point.

Got the win and it's nice to have the conference wrapped with no * with games played nonsense
Yeah different BTN announcers this week, so no talk of makeup games and no sobbing as NU closed out the win.

Huskers up to a projected No. 2 seed in Spokane regional opposite No. 1 seed Gonzaga, which is projected as the overall No. 15 seed. That means Nebraska is seen as the 18th best (or so) team, and that they stand a decent chance to land in a winnable regional.

Here's the link to D1Baseball's projections.

Huskers up to a projected No. 2 seed in Spokane regional opposite No. 1 seed Gonzaga, which is projected as the overall No. 15 seed. That means Nebraska is seen as the 18th best (or so) team, and that they stand a decent chance to land in a winnable regional.

Here's the link to D1Baseball's projections.

Yeah winnable regional but then face Vandy in the Super. Id rather go to the TCU or TT regionals. But to be the best you gotta play the best at some point.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Their main complaint was that the whole thing dragged on too long. You have a pitcher who's cruising and he's standing out there waiting while the Michigan coach and player keep complaining about a call that ain't getting overturned.
Yup. Michigan was definitely trying to break povich rhythm.... plus trying to give their pitcher some rest

I like how this team really didnt have much to play for having already wrapped up the conf but came out and won with pitching and defense!! Shows focus and heart from this group.. hope they stay HOT
They have plenty to play for... Their playing for a easier Regional that they can win and advance....

They have plenty to play for... Their playing for a easier Regional that they can win and advance....
They only seed teams 1-16. There is very little thought out in to where they put the 2 seeds at each regional. Since the NCAA pays for it, I would say 95% of it is based on reducing costs and travel expenses. There will obviously still be teams that travel long distances, but beating Michigan won’t be the reason for an easier regional.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
They only seed teams 1-16. There is very little thought out in to where they put the 2 seeds at each regional. Since the NCAA pays for it, I would say 95% of it is based on reducing costs and travel expenses. There will obviously still be teams that travel long distances, but beating Michigan won’t be the reason for an easier regional.

Disagree if they happen to win 11 in a row their at 9 now..

Playing in Fort Worth or Lubbock or South Bend will be a easier regional than Fayetteville....

Catch my drift.

Disagree if they happen to win 11 in a row their at 9 now..

Playing in Fort Worth or Lubbock or South Bend will be a easier regional than Fayetteville....

Catch my drift.
No. Because it has nothing to do with what Nebraska does. Oklahoma St is now in the projections so they travel to Fayetteville instead of Nebraska.

No. Because it has nothing to do with what Nebraska does. Oklahoma St is now in the projections so they travel to Fayetteville instead of Nebraska.
As should be, they finished .500 in the conference..

How is Fairfield look for you being 2 seed now..

What? What does Fairfield losing have to do with Nebraska’s seed? I think you are confusing RPI and a baseball magazine’s projections.

I don’t mean over all, I’m referring to being a 2 seed in any region of the 16 regions because of that joke RPI...

I don’t mean over all, I’m referring to being a 2 seed in any region of the 16 regions because of that joke RPI...

not sure what that has to do with anything discussed with regards to the ncaa not seeding 17-64 or the ncaa placing teams in regionals based on travel expenses. But ok

not sure what that has to do with anything discussed with regards to the ncaa not seeding 17-64 or the ncaa placing teams in regionals based on travel expenses. But ok
So why is UCLA having to travel to Fort Worth and Nebraska traveling to Spokane if their concerned about travel expenses?

UCLA / Spokane
Nebraska / Fort Worth..

So why is UCLA having to travel to Fort Worth and Nebraska traveling to Spokane if their concerned about travel expenses?

UCLA / Spokane
Nebraska / Fort Worth..
Flight is a flight
Also Oregon state, a pac 12 team, is already going to Spokane, because it is within driving distance. So that would eliminate UCLA from contention for the Spokane regional because you can’t be in a regional with another team from your conference

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT