ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball history/trivia: 1 inning, 3 triples, a double and 2 singles... ZERO runs

I couldn't figure it out and looked it up. Increrdible, and some fantastic names in that sequence!

1 inning, 3 triples, a double and 2 singles... ZERO runs​

A triple play and two double plays, 1, 2, 3, no problem. Wait... Wait a minute. OK, that's not it. Lemmee think...

• Haha
Reactions: sklarbodds
Sort of a hint... It's the last single that really makes it work...also the hits are in order

Reactions: saluno22

1 inning, 3 triples, a double and 2 singles... ZERO runs​

Triple and a single with an out at the plate. On 3rd, one away.
Single with an out at the plate. On 1st, two away.

OK, now I need two more triples and a double.
Lemmee think..

Or six singles in an inning with no pick offs or caught stealing, and zero runs scored.

What gets me is that six batters hit safely, there are three outs, so, three left on? What a puzzler.

Nobody will get it all right without looking it up because of some of the crazy things that happened. Including an odd ruling but is correct.

The sequence of events were actually believable but it's still crazy that three straight triples produce zero runs.

Does this involve runners being hit by a batted ball? I always found it strange that these plays are scored as base hits.

Does this involve runners being hit by a batted ball? I always found it strange that these plays are scored as base hits.
I'll tell you what, go ahead and take that as a yes and see if you can put a scenario together that works.

I think hit by pitch can count as an rbi, but not sure about a hit.
I don't mean a hit-by-pitch. I'm talking about a ground ball that hits a baserunner on the foot. He's out, but the batter is awarded a base hit.

I don't remember what league or level it was in, but a pitcher once lost a no-hitter that way. He had walked a couple of batters in the game, including one in the 9th inning. So with two outs in the 9th, the batter hits a ground ball into the foot of the baserunner. Game over, yet the no-hitter was gone.

I don't mean a hit-by-pitch. I'm talking about a ground ball that hits a baserunner on the foot. He's out, but the batter is awarded a base hit.

I don't remember what league or level it was in, but a pitcher once lost a no-hitter that way. He had walked a couple of batters in the game, including one in the 9th inning. So with two outs in the 9th, the batter hits a ground ball into the foot of the baserunner. Game over, yet the no-hitter was gone.
Smokin

Wonder if that ball was headed to right for a legit hit. If so, he sure blew his team's chances.

Smart man.

Reactions: k9_r
Close but had to google to get the final single. As a fan of the team batting that had to be the most frustrating half inning ever.

ADVERTISEMENT