ADVERTISEMENT

Barrett Pickering has left the Program

Geez, overblow things much? Show me where I “run down” the prospects. I am well aware of the past walk on kickers and their success. So tell me what has to do with the current situation? We had a handful of walk on kickers last year and that didn’t seem to work or does make me negative? I originally posed two points, IF we knew we were going to be losing a scholarship kicker, did we try to fill that need? The other point was we seem to come up with a hole somewhere each year without having people ready to step in.

Thanks for calling me stupid, it really elevates the discussion and hopefully makes you feel better.
Your longstanding and persistent need to find fault and criticize everything with the program doesn't exactly "elevate the discussion" either.

Crazy how a scholarship kicker would blow his opportunity. Good luck getting a scholly at another P5 team.

Football may not have turned out to be at the top of his list of life priorities. Not everyone ends up loving it enough to put in the time commitment and energy it takes to compete at that level.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Football may not have turned out to be at the top of his list of life priorities. Not everyone ends up loving it enough to put in the time commitment and energy it takes to compete at that level.

Yep, and he definitely did not.

I love it, a kicker thread 3 plus pages long.

did I read that the new kicker, with a great mental approach, has missed 2 extra points in like 50 attempts? Pickering, with his lack of football focus and apparent desire to **** around on a golf course and play pick up basketball only missed 1 in 51 attempts.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Let me preface by saying I could never kick or punt a ball worth a damn. But even on my high school team we had three guys who all could get the KO high and almost in the endzone and routinely make 30 yard FGs. It was cut throat competition every week to see who got to kick. Our starting kicker kicked straight on and wore a squared off plastic device on his shoe (rumored to have lead in it).

I couldn't believe last year we couldn't just identify a student enrolled who had been a decent high school kicker and have him walk on. I blame Frost somewhat for having no Plan C for kicking duties.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT