ADVERTISEMENT

Banton only increases Nebrasketball stock

He talked glowingly about Hoiberg in every interview. This is a big deal and players will take notice.
Hoiberg is WIDELY known as a great guy and a guy who isn't going to scream at an belittle his players in front of the public. That helps. I was a big Miles booster but dang some of his motivational techniques didn't sit well with me or his players. When you have guys leave for whatever reasons and don't burn things down on the way out the door that says a lot about your coaches.

Hoiberg is WIDELY known as a great guy and a guy who isn't going to scream at an belittle his players in front of the public.
I'm chuckling because you are 100% correct, but Hoiberg also has a fantastic ability to express his disgust, frustration, disappointment, etc. by crossing his arms and putting "the look" on his face. Classic. He doesn't have to scream, the face says it all. Having said that, I know someone who got to watch a practice year one and he said Hoiberg absolutely lit up Cam Mack. Not in public though, as you said.

I'm chuckling because you are 100% correct, but Hoiberg also has a fantastic ability to express his disgust, frustration, disappointment, etc. by crossing his arms and putting "the look" on his face. Classic. He doesn't have to scream, the face says it all. Having said that, I know someone who got to watch a practice year one and he said Hoiberg absolutely lit up Cam Mack. Not in public though, as you said.
Damon Benning once said that Tom had a similar methodology. All it took was a couple of words and a frown combined with a seat on the bench and he just ripped your guts out. I had a high school coach who only had to give you "the look". I got a survey about 6 years after I graduated that they sent out to their college grads wanting to know what experiences or teachers were most influential in your later academic and professional career. That football coach was top of the list followed by another elective class teacher. Man teachers and coaches can mean so much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT