ADVERTISEMENT

Banks and Vedral on BB team

I would pay money to see them play. Banks in the middle could be fun to watch. There will probably be lots of flopping by the opponent if it happens.
I get what you're saying, but the Nebraska basketball team has literally been a circus sideshow the last two years at the conference tournament. I don't think the current year situation was really avoidable by Fred, but that doesn't mean it's fun (maybe funny). I'm looking forward to having a P5 program that can field a full roster of actual basketball players going forward.

Didn't Wilson Thomas do both too.
Yes. And back in the day, Junior Miller also did a brief stint with the basketball team.

Keith Neubert played one year of football after his basketball career was over and parlayed it into a couple of years with the NY Jets.

Reactions: headcard
Keith Neubert went on to a reasonably successful show-biz career.

In any case, it strikes me as some combination of sad/funny/embarrassing that for the second straight year NU heads to the B1G tournament with a skeleton crew for a roster.

I know it isn’t easy to have a good basketball program; but it isn’t as hard as Nebraska makes it look.

Keith Neubert went on to a reasonably successful show-biz career.
Yeah he kinda sorta supposedly got with Charlize Theron in That Thing You Do. That would be a highlight for me, no matter how imaginary.

I would pay money to see them play. Banks in the middle could be fun to watch. There will probably be lots of flopping by the opponent if it happens.
Speaking of flopping. Soccer in empty stadiums. Do they flop more or less than the average. Vegas needs a line on that

Unfortunately some of you non blue hairs haven't gotten to witness this and I feel sorry for my kids because they only get to hear stories.

But back in the day when EVERYONE wanted the national championship football team seniors to come to their town and play BB in the late winter/spring, those FB dudes were damn good BB players

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT