ADVERTISEMENT

Banker and mobile QBs

NebChicago

Senior
Oct 14, 2009
Mobile QBs were a bit of a trouble spot for old Bo defenses. Anyone have a POV on how Banker and his Ds fared against mobile QBs?

with Oregon, Arizona, UW (Locker) in PAC12 curious if anyone has a thought?

To get to the root of it; one has to review the beat to death topics of what could go right with a Bo D = and what did go seriously wrong. Bo got the D line to dance with their blocker, mobile qb or rb flew by. .... Now the whole offense will be under attack and have to account for a harassed qb. Bando can handle the middle. The corners will be on an island, if that works. the safety play will be free to reinforce and for blitz. Our D will scheme for turnovers. .... Coaches will adjust in game, hurrah . We have 3 D coordinators on the D,

Rush them with LB and safeties while lineman maintain their gaps. Works on NCAA football.
If only NCAA Football would be the true test for translation to college football. If it were, I should be the coach, we would have a top recruiting class every year and Nebraska would have 9 National Championships in a row.

Man I wish they would make '15.

Bo had a defense that was designed to stop the pass first. This worked much better in the big 12 than it did in the BIG. Banker defense will be more of a attaching style more focused on stopping the run.

Bo had a defense that was designed to stop the pass first. This worked much better in the big 12 than it did in the BIG. Banker defense will be more of a attaching style more focused on stopping the run.
As long as they attach themselves to the guy with the ball, I am OK with that.

The big thing I hope we accomplish is to get rid of the crazy amount of busts we had. We are going to have a few as mistakes happen, but it just got embarrassing watching it happen all of the time. There is going to be a few growing pains, but limit the busts and we will already look a ton better on D.

Reactions: baseball31ne
The big thing I hope we accomplish is to get rid of the crazy amount of busts we had. We are going to have a few as mistakes happen, but it just got embarrassing watching it happen all of the time. There is going to be a few growing pains, but limit the busts and we will already look a ton better on D.

In addition good solid tackling will be a huge improvement. Upgrading to average tackling will be an improvement.

our guys looked scared to even try to tackle one on one against above avg players. they just backed up and waited for help....sad.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT