ADVERTISEMENT

Baltimore Ravens/ KC Chiefs announce reduced seating.......

1NebrFan

Walk On
Dec 3, 2004
The Ravens will let fewer than 14,000 fans to attend each game, due to social distancing guidelines, if the state and local governments allow fans to attend games.

Baltimore's M&T Bank Stadium has a capacity of 71,008.

"To offer a proper level of safety for fans who want to attend games, a reduction in capacity is necessary," Ravens president Dick Cass said in a statement.

"We are disappointed that this will be a disruption for many ticket buyers, but we have an obligation to our fans and our community to keep M&T Bank Stadium as safe as possible

1 in 5 would put Nebraska at about 17,000. Because of the massive asses, Iowa might have to go 1 in 10, or 7,000.
Well 1/5 would suck. Still not completely sold on the paperless tickets. Do they have provisions for the possibility that someone might not have a smart phone??

Oh well. I guess if that's what it takes to play football.....

I'd be worried if I were ku or ksu. Their governor seems intent on closing everything. She won't let NASCAR race even if they don't allow fans

Well 1/5 would suck. Still not completely sold on the paperless tickets. Do they have provisions for the possibility that someone might not have a smart phone??

Oh well. I guess if that's what it takes to play football.....

I'd be worried if I were ku or ksu. Their governor seems intent on closing everything. She won't let NASCAR race even if they don't allow fans

Is she allowing Walmart and Sams and Costco and Ikea to remain open? Or how about their airports and busses? Can people from other states visit?

Is she allowing Walmart and Sams and Costco and Ikea to remain open? Or how about their airports and busses? Can people from other states visit?
Yes to most of the above. But she made masks mandatory on July 3rd I believe. My daughter is a teacher in KS and she is getting certified as a driver's ed instructor right now. Has a week left until they're done and she's been on pins and needles whether they're going to get it all in before she pulls the plug on it too.

Many of the local sheriff department have said they don't intend on enforcing the directive.

The Steelers have told season ticket holders that fans will be required to wear masks. I don't believe any other decisions have been made just yet.

The Kansas City Chiefs have announced they will have reduced capacities if fans are permitted to attend NFL games this season.

There will be plenty of empty seats when Kansas City kick off the new season and begin their Super Bowl title defence at Arrowhead Stadium on September 10 against the Houston Texans.

Both the Chiefs and Ravens plan to restrict the number of fans that will attend their home games due to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

The two AFC teams contacted their season ticket holders to inform them of the decision, giving them the option to defer their tickets to 2021.

Kansas is open, not sure what he is talking about. However, Kansas has had a huge increase in cases, so people coming from Kansas to other states might have to quarantine.

Kansas is open, not sure what he is talking about. However, Kansas has had a huge increase in cases, so people coming from Kansas to other states might have to quarantine.

If "he" is me, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of this entire deal.

Yes to most of the above. But she made masks mandatory on July 3rd I believe. My daughter is a teacher in KS and she is getting certified as a driver's ed instructor right now. Has a week left until they're done and she's been on pins and needles whether they're going to get it all in before she pulls the plug on it too.

Many of the local sheriff department have said they don't intend on enforcing the directive.

The mask situation has been a big deal in Salina. The city and county leaders have had differing opinions. The governor recommended it, she can't require it and cities and counties can opt out. At least that is how I understand it. It is kind of big mess. I don't get out much but the two places I went - the bank had a sign that you had to have a mask and Mendards even had security making sure you had a mask or you at least purchased on.

The comment about the KS governor being likely to shut things down is fair statement but like everything in this ordeal, who really can predict.

The mask situation has been a big deal in Salina. The city and county leaders have had differing opinions. The governor recommended it, she can't require it and cities and counties can opt out. At least that is how I understand it. It is kind of big mess. I don't get out much but the two places I went - the bank had a sign that you had to have a mask and Mendards even had security making sure you had a mask or you at least purchased on.

The comment about the KS governor being likely to shut things down is fair statement but like everything in this ordeal, who really can predict.
Here is a study of the states with the fewest restrictions. Kansas is #13 (Nebraska is #9). Doesn't seem like they are trying to close everything.

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-coronavirus-restrictions/73818/

Reactions: bluenrg

I heard the state fair is still a go. Is that correct??

I heard the state fair is still a go. Is that correct??
Not sure about Kansas, but the Nebraska State Fair announced that they were still on. However, it's just going to be 4-H exhibits and stuff like that. I think that means no midway, rides, food, etc.

The Kansas City Chiefs have announced they will have reduced capacities if fans are permitted to attend NFL games this season.

There will be plenty of empty seats when Kansas City kick off the new season and begin their Super Bowl title defence at Arrowhead Stadium on September 10 against the Houston Texans.

Both the Chiefs and Ravens plan to restrict the number of fans that will attend their home games due to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

The two AFC teams contacted their season ticket holders to inform them of the decision, giving them the option to defer their tickets to 2021.
The Jacksonville Jaguars are also going to limit their capacity to 1/4 of the stadium. If anyone has seen a Jags home game lately, you'll know that the 25% limit will not be much of a problem there.

Not sure about Kansas, but the Nebraska State Fair announced that they were still on. However, it's just going to be 4-H exhibits and stuff like that. I think that means no midway, rides, food, etc.
Heard an interview on the radio last week. Sounds like they have not necessarily pulled the plug on grandstand, concessions and midway. Concerts are a no go.

Reactions: Dean Pope
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT