ADVERTISEMENT

Badgers young on D

inWV

Offensive Coordinator
Sep 22, 2007
33% (7) of Badgers 2 deep on D are frosh or RS-Fr vs. 4 for NU.

Last edited:
I think we upset Wisc
Agree. It wouldn't surprise me. I'm not sure they will be as good as advertised. Young defense with a lot of starters to replace, lost their best receiver and have a noodle armed quarterback. One constant with them is the OL and strong running game that will allow them to control the ball.

young on D but they have 4 offensive players on the preseaon AP all american list (2- 1st team, 2 - 2nd team)

so who has the bigger advantage:

our offense with a freshman QB against their inexperienced defense or ...
their offense with an all american RB + 4 all american off lineman against our defense

Noah Fant - FWIW is the 1st team TE

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...-line-wisconsins-o-line-are-well-represented/

Jim Leonhard is a stud. I will put our athletes up against Wisconsin any day of the week but if we continue to just let them punch us in the mouth we are not going to beat them.

The first couple years under Mike Riley, Banker was able to slow the Badgers high and mighty run game down and we came with in the final seconds of winning both years (it took last year when everything came undone and the team and coaches gave up for the Badgers to truly own us). If Frost and Chin has this team truly turning the corner, getting stronger, better and fully buying in...then in my opinion we more then have a chance of beating them. If Banker and Riley can slow there offense down, then I’m sure Frost and Chin can.

The first couple years under Mike Riley, Banker was able to slow the Badgers high and mighty run game down and we came with in the final seconds of winning both years (it took last year when everything came undone and the team and coaches gave up for the Badgers to truly own us). If Frost and Chin has this team truly turning the corner, getting stronger, better and fully buying in...then in my opinion we more then have a chance of beating them. If Banker and Riley can slow there offense down, then I’m sure Frost and Chin can.
They are a system team - that will not change this year - basically they have the culture in place we are trying to get back. That said they do not recruit as well as we do and we can and should be competitive with them every year and I think in the future they will be chasing us. Iowa and Wi are well coached teams but not extremely talented like an Ohio state. We should end up development wise equal and talent wise better

Taylor is a huge factor for them in terms of being able to do the things the Badgers want to do. If NU can limit their running game and get the Wiscy O off of the field, the game is winnable for NU.

Reactions: scarletred
Taylor is a huge factor for them in terms of being able to do the things the Badgers want to do. If NU can limit their running game and get the Wiscy O off of the field, the game is winnable for NU.

Limiting their running game with the brutal OLine they have......on the road "and" with them getting a week off to rest.....it's maybe not going to be easy.

Imo, our best chance is with our offense purring like a kitten.

The 2 years that Nebraska came close, Chryst was overhauling the OL, RB room (the starting RB in '15 is now a fullback), strength and conditioning program, and the WR corps. 4 years in and he has the best OL, Heisman caliber RB, what Athlon called the 2nd best WR group in the B1G behind OSU, and bigger/faster players everywhere. And if Hornibrook plays this season like he did the Orange Bowl, RIP

They are a system team - that will not change this year - basically they have the culture in place we are trying to get back. That said they do not recruit as well as we do and we can and should be competitive with them every year and I think in the future they will be chasing us. Iowa and Wi are well coached teams but not extremely talented like an Ohio state. We should end up development wise equal and talent wise better
UW is out recruiting NU in '19 although it's close. Idk about Rivals but the avg composite score per player (factoring Rivals/247/ESPN) for UW is 88.05. NU is 87.66. 90 is a 4* avg.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT