ADVERTISEMENT

Badgers next week

Cloud@Heart

Senior
Aug 13, 2005
Helena, MT
Will it be close? Can Frost and company rebound from this and play improved and inspired football against the badgers? Will the back-up DBs perform well enough in the first half? I went from pleased for the first 1.75 quarters, to disappointed.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Mertz will pass for over 400 yds and have 7+ td's. Our defensive line got no push and the zone coverage was softer than Charmin toilet paper.

Qb's can't protect the ball, coaches cant call a play before time runs out on the play clock even on the first play after a change of possession.

No discipline.

Its going to be U G L Y.

Last night I felt decent about beating Wisconsin. Now I’m not so sure. While I saw progress in a lot of areas today, I still saw tons of costly penalties on the offense and our fumbleitis tendencies. Wisconsin will punce on us if we continue to shoot ourselves.

Mertz went 20 of 21 for 5 TD’s against a bad Illinois defense and will do the same against an equally bad Nebraska defense. Our starting DB’s were nonexistent today, the back ups will be even more nonexistent next week.

Will it be close? Can Frost and company rebound from this and play improved and inspired football against the badgers? Will the back-up DBs perform well enough in the first half? I went from pleased for the first 1.75 quarters, to disappointed.
40-3 Whisky.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Sounds simple, but if we don’t turn it over, we can win that game. Take a break from the hyperbole and woe is me for a minute and realize we played decent ball for the most part. Horrible penalties and 2 fumbles changed all momentum and destroyed perspective. Hell, we could go back to that tipped pass on 4th down to see that we didn’t gat any breaks. It happens. It’s how we react that matters.

Chins has them playing prevent defense. Wayyy too soft. Cannot believe how deep our safety plays.
There were times you could barely see our corner on the tv before the snap because they were backed so far away from the receivers.

Mertz will pass for over 400 yds and have 7+ td's. Our defensive line got no push and the zone coverage was softer than Charmin toilet paper.

Qb's can't protect the ball, coaches cant call a play before time runs out on the play clock even on the first play after a change of possession.

No discipline.

Its going to be U G L Y.
Oh really, we sacked Fields 4 times, so that counts as a pass rush and we shut down their run game and most times got them before they got to the LOS.

If NU plays like they did the first 27 minutes Of the game, they can certainly beat Wisconsin. If they commit penalties and turn the ball over, along with letting receivers run free like they did they last 33 minutes, they won’t beat anyone.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Nebraska rushed for 210 yards and 5.8 ypc against a terrific OSU front. Nebraska just couldn't get off the field against a juggernaut OSU offense. Until we get some real pass rushers this is our fate.
To a degree, yes. But few teams have the passing attack OSU does.

Wisconsin doesn't have near the WR that Ohio does. It's a very winnable game.
1 through 11 on both sides of the ball Ohio State is better than Wisconsin. Nebraska has to cut out the penalties and TOs though.

Reactions: headcard
We are certainly capable of beating them, but every game is just a comedy of errors, turnovers, penalties, clock mismanagement etc.... This game will be no different, but we won’t get beat as badly as we did today. 42-28 Wisky.

I venture to say the chin didn’t want to give up big play after big play in the passing game we don’t have the talent in to run man to man with Ohio st
We don't have the pass rush. Urban even made the comment at halftime that 80% of pass defense is the pass rush. We can't get home on a team with a high caliber OL.

Who knows how good Mertz is. If you watch the highlights against Illinois, most of his touchdown passes he threw to a guy who literally had nobody near him. Completely blown coverage constantly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT