ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Set to Revote

Status
Not open for further replies.
im all for football but does the rest of society have access to these tests as easily as college fb players?
tenor.gif

For whatever reason, dude was trying to derail fall sports based on what he ADMITS was a rumor.

Didn't stop him from making a claim and putting "Dr." In front of that rumor in order to make it sound legit.

I'd say it's unbelievable, but in today's day and age -- completely believable.

If people want to file lawsuits, this guy should move to the front of the list.

For whatever reason, dude was trying to derail fall sports based on what he ADMITS was a rumor.

Didn't stop him from making a claim and putting "Dr." In front of that rumor in order to make it sound legit.

I'd say it's unbelievable, but in today's day and age -- completely believable.

If people want to file lawsuits, this guy should move to the front of the list.
yep Penn state did not seem to now he was going to do this. the psu president called him out for not stating any facts and this was even before people knew he was lying. the psu head football coach also called him out.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Interesting if a vote happens today. It would explain why

A) the discredited "myocarditis" thing made headlines again yesterday across multiple outlets, including ESPN, without a single new fact being introduced. Article could have been posted Monday or Tuesday or any day last week or the week before. (someone in the conference is not going down without a fight) and

B) PAC 12 interestingly announces they will be using a rapid test going forward

Last edited:
if some B10 schools played and others didn't how would they schedule enough games for a season?
Home and home series? Would think you need to get a minimum 6 Big Ten teams playing for a 10 game schedule.

Iowa, Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State and now that the governor of MI is allowing sports perhaps Michigan & MSU?

Would guess that as of today Maryland, Rutgers & Northwestern are out. Probably Illinois too.

If the big names in the Big Ten play my guess is Wisconsin would be in as well. No clue on where Minnesota, Purdue and Indiana would be, but since Notre Dame is playing I would think Indiana and Purdue could play.

Last edited:
Home and home series? Would think you need to get a minimum 6 Big Ten teams playing for a 10 game schedule.

Iowa, Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State and now that the governor of MI is allowing sports perhaps Michigan & MSU?
what's going on with wisconsin?

Geez...it’s almost as if you have to be skeptical of everything you read on the internet.

Why can’t I just blindly believe things I read that make me happy? That would be easier.

Reactions: dinglefritz

Would guess that as of today Maryland, Rutgers & Northwestern are out. Probably Illinois too.

If the big names in the Big Ten play my guess is Wisconsin would be in as well. No clue on where Minnesota, Purdue and Indiana would be, but since Notre Dame is playing I would think Indiana and Purdue could play.

IU fan here. As I write this I realize there will be no vote today.....I wish Iowa & NEB fans the best in trying to get their 9 teams together.

Iowa, Nebraska, OSU, PSU, plus maybe UM & MSU gets you to 6. Wisconsin is obviously a very woke school....but maybe they could be 7. Mitch at Purdue is a good guy. That might make 8. I assume RU & MD will be no for political reasons. Probably MN as well, plus they were hit hard FB-wise early on, right? NW seems like a no.....I haven't noticed Fitz saying anything. So that makes it, at very best, 8-4. Unfortunately, don't count on IU. Our coach is an Aussie, woke, and not a big sports guy. Our AD is noting but a company man. So, as much as I hope for your success, it looks doubtful. Perhaps if UM comes over in a big way......

Mitch at Purdue is a good guy. That might make 8. I assume RU & MD will be no for political reasons.
Do you suppose if Mitch Daniels was from the other political tribe, he would get a pass for his lame-ass "There were already too many no votes so I voted no too" excuse?

Last edited:
I just attempted to mail in my re-vote on the B1G season but the mail slot at my Post Office says it is not accepting mail voting this year.

I give the big 10 brass an A+ for being able to string people along by feeding a false narrative, or rope a dope and They could very well be the best used car salespeople east of the Colorado Rockies

Reactions: bshirt73
I give the big 10 brass an A+ for being able to string people along by feeding a false narrative, or rope a dope and They could very well be the best used car salespeople east of the Colorado Rockies
False narratives like the one about the decision being on the one yard line? Sorry but I don’t think anyone writes his material, not even him.

Do you suppose if Mitch Daniels was from the other political tribe, he would get a pass for his lame-ass "There were already too many no votes so I voted no too" excuse?
Say what you desire about Mitch, but he has been a dang good president for Purdue.

IU fan here. As I write this I realize there will be no vote today.....I wish Iowa & NEB fans the best in trying to get their 9 teams together.

Iowa, Nebraska, OSU, PSU, plus maybe UM & MSU gets you to 6. Wisconsin is obviously a very woke school....but maybe they could be 7. Mitch at Purdue is a good guy. That might make 8. I assume RU & MD will be no for political reasons. Probably MN as well, plus they were hit hard FB-wise early on, right? NW seems like a no.....I haven't noticed Fitz saying anything. So that makes it, at very best, 8-4. Unfortunately, don't count on IU. Our coach is an Aussie, woke, and not a big sports guy. Our AD is noting but a company man. So, as much as I hope for your success, it looks doubtful. Perhaps if UM comes over in a big way......
"woke" LOL

Say what you desire about Mitch, but he has been a dang good president for Purdue.
I don't desire to say anything about him. I'm just wondering why he gets a pass for casting the same vote as the other Big Ten presidents and offering an incredibly lame rationalization for it.

Reactions: WHCSC and bshirt73
I don't desire to say anything about him. I'm just wondering why he gets a pass for casting the same vote as the other Big Ten presidents and offering an incredibly lame rationalization for it.
He voted no. No one will probably know why for sure. Seems like the medical data they were presented up front was wrong. That's not really on him or the other presidents. It's really been a failure by warren and the presidents and they continue to fail.

guy works at the Mayo Clinic. perhaps a tad more reputable than penn st.
The Penn State administrator who said that 35-40% (another source I read today had him saying 60) of B1G athletes testing positive for COVID had myocarditis is a moron. Roughly 40- 60% of college football players NORMALLY have what is considered an abnormal EKG. That is due to the robust weight and aerobic conditioning they do. An abnormal EKG is not diagnostic for myocarditis and the best way to diagnose myocarditis is via an echocardiogram. ANY B1G team should have easy access to echo exams. Myocarditis from COVID as a percentage of all positive cases is in fact not as common as some would have us believe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT