ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Set to Revote

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what you're talking about. The thing we've been hearing for weeks from the Big 10 is no fall football. That's only changed in the last week or so where momentum has pushed discussions of an earlier start date. You may well be right and the vote will go the same way. But when you have to tell a bunch of mistruths just to support your point, it makes it easier to believe someone like Sean Callahan's viewpoint rather than yours.

There have been "news" reports since the SEC, ACC and Big 12 said they were going to play that the Big Ten was going to reconsider, or that there was going to be a Thanksgiving start or there was going to be a spring schedule. None of it has materialized. Then for the past two weeks, more reports of restarting. Within the past 2 days, the Purdue president basically said there is no plan to restart. Yet Sean Callahan is to be believed because he has contacts with the coach's.

If it happens, it happens, but I'll wait until the league says there is going to be a vote.

Reactions: schuele
There have been "news" reports since the SEC, ACC and Big 12 said they were going to play that the Big Ten was going to reconsider, or that there was going to be a Thanksgiving start or there was going to be a spring schedule. None of it has materialized. Then for the past two weeks, more reports of restarting. Within the past 2 days, the Purdue president basically said there is no plan to restart. Yet Sean Callahan is to be believed because he has contacts with the coach's.

If it happens, it happens, but I'll wait until the league says there is going to be a vote.
What kind of news reports? Not any from any reputable sources I know of. It was only around August 10 that news got out that the Big 10 was cancelling the fall season. The first 2 weeks there was only talk of a spring or January start. It's only in the last week or so there was talk of restarting football in the fall, first with Thanksgiving. It's only been the last few days there has been talk of starting around Oct. 10. It's not at all truthful to say there have been talks of restarting in the fall since when the cancellation first started.

What kind of news reports? Not any from any reputable sources I know of. It was only around August 10 that news got out that the Big 10 was cancelling the fall season. The first 2 weeks there was only talk of a spring or January start. It's only in the last week or so there was talk of restarting football in the fall, first with Thanksgiving. It's only been the last few days there has been talk of starting around Oct. 10. It's not at all truthful to say there have been talks of restarting in the fall since when the cancellation first started.

The fact is you are just holding out hope that there will be a Big Ten season, but the reality is no one other than Sean Callahan is saying there will be.

Where are the reports from Ann Arbor or Columbus of players getting called back to start practice?

The fact is you are just holding out hope that there will be a Big Ten season, but the reality is no one other than Sean Callahan is saying there will be.

Where are the reports from Ann Arbor or Columbus of players getting called back to start practice?

Michigan was rumored to be in full pads earlier this week, many posts about tOSU at practice, PSU practiced today.

There ya Go!:)

Reactions: zrob and brnred1989
Do you think this information could help the BIG schools change their mind?

We should be told why they rushed their decision instead of gathering as much information as possible.

Major fail for these schools medical advisors as well, apparently.

Was our first game vs Rutgers supposed to be Sat? I forgot in the commotion of release and shut down? I see no reason why we couldnt be back at it by Sept 19

late to the party, but I smell a dead fish in this..

there is no reason for them to have another 'vote' unless it is to back up the first one.

And even if you did have another vote, who the heck thinks it would go any differently than the first one?

Are they somehow going to lobby the other presidents into changing their mind?

I still would like to see the season happen, but this seems like nothing more than a circus right now.

Nothing has really changed, other than the B1G being sued, which is what they were trying to avoid the first time around.

Regardless of what happens, the Big Ten is a freaking joke.

there is no reason for them to have another 'vote' unless it is to back up the first one.

And even if you did have another vote, who the heck thinks it would go any differently than the first one?

I still would like to see the season happen, but this seems like nothing more than a circus right now.

Nothing has really changed, other than the B1G being sued, which is what they were trying to avoid the first time around.

So very sadly, I'm afraid you are correct sir. Oh crap......

Huh?

There is no reason to have another vote if nothing has changed. Why vote?

But there is Every reason to have another vote to fix the initial vote. Sometimes I don’t understand where you are coming from. Except the last part. The B1G has become a huge freaking joke.

But they’re not even close to being back as 6 schools cannot even practice yet under state mandate. B1G should NOT be trying to align with them at this time.

I also think this problem would be far less if conference realignment hadn’t happened. Too many teams, from too many geographic areas in a conference should not all be unified by one voice. Just as states were controlling the virus on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT