ADVERTISEMENT

B1G scheduling discrepancy 2011-present-2021

They should restack the divisions, East is way too top heavy.

No legends or leaders though.

When the B1G adds Kansas and Oklahoma it might happen;)

They can’t figure how to schedule a 14 team conference fairly not alone adding two more teams.

And you would even see less of playing teams from the opposite division.

Reactions: saluno22 and jlb321
Sounds like we have a bunch of puss on this board. Stop complaining about our tough schedules and start producing better teams to keep up with the powers of the BIG. Hopefully, Frost will turn that around. If not, maybe they’ll hand out participation ribbons to those on here who need them.

They can’t figure how to schedule a 14 team conference fairly not alone adding two more teams.

As we approach a 16 or 18 team conference the closer we get to only divisional games counting toward conference records. Crossover games would still occur but would not count toward who wins the division.

Protected rivalries aside, if the s.o.s is even it won't matter.

Sixteen team league.

Classic Division:

Michigan
Ohio State
Northwestern
Illinois
Indiana
Michigan State
Minnesota
Purdue

Powers Division:

Nebraska
Oklahoma
Kansas
Rutgers
Maryland
Penn State
Iowa
Wisconsin

Protected rivalries: Minnesota vs Wisconsin, Penn State vs Ohio State

Protected rivalries aside, if the s.o.s is even it won't matter.

Sixteen team league.

Classic Division:

Michigan
Ohio State
Northwestern
Illinois
Indiana
Michigan State
Minnesota
Purdue

Powers Division:

Nebraska
Oklahoma
Kansas
Rutgers
Maryland
Penn State
Iowa
Wisconsin

Protected rivalries: Minnesota vs Wisconsin, Penn State vs Ohio State

I quess you can never say never, but I don't see the Big 12 ever imploding with Oklahoma and texass joined at the hip.

I quess you can never say never, but I don't see the Big 12 ever imploding with Oklahoma and texass joined at the hip.
Never underestimate the Longhorn ego, they will be independent in ten years. With big cable deals going down the tubes, selective conference deals will become more lucrative. The Longhorn network will become an albatross around the Big 12's neck, while the PAC 12 and SEC, along with the B1G have poached selectively and pro actively, the Big 12 has added West Virginia and TCU while running a bogus campaign to add Houston or Memphis/Cincinnati.

They don't inspire much confidence in the leadership department, when the whole streaming thing takes over I don't see that conference surviving. Four mega conferences are on the horizon. The Big 12 is going to be the odd man out IMO. Oklahoma and Kansas will be attractive to the B1G, I think they would happily jump on an offer once the Big 12's t.v deal comes up again.

Never underestimate the Longhorn ego, they will be independent in ten years. With big cable deals going down the tubes, selective conference deals will become more lucrative. The Longhorn network will become an albatross around the Big 12's neck, while the PAC 12 and SEC, along with the B1G have poached selectively and pro actively, the Big 12 has added West Virginia and TCU while running a bogus campaign to add Houston or Memphis/Cincinnati.

They don't inspire much confidence in the leadership department, when the whole streaming thing takes over I don't see that conference surviving. Four mega conferences are on the horizon. The Big 12 is going to be the odd man out IMO. Oklahoma and Kansas will be attractive to the B1G, I think they would happily jump on an offer once the Big 12's t.v deal comes up again.

Big 12 TV deal between ESPN and FOX runs through 2024/2025, so we'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT