ADVERTISEMENT

B1G players should all enter the portal

I can guarantee 2 things:

1. there will be aggressive action taken by the schools/B1G to do all they can to: a.) limit players' ability to do what they feel is best for themselves and their futures with regards to transferring, and, b.) play the sounding board/safe harbor card if any player from another conference wants to come to the B1G to extend their careers/not play this year without penalty.

2. apply zero restrictions to coaches who'd like to consult with NFL teams for the next 6 months at whatever price they can negotiate.

1. there will be aggressive action taken by the schools/B1G to do all they can to: a.) limit players' ability to do what they feel is best for themselves and their futures with regards to transferring, and, b.) play the sounding board/safe harbor card if any player from another conference wants to come to the B1G to extend their careers/not play this year without penalty.

2. apply zero restrictions to coaches who'd like to consult with NFL teams for the next 6 months at whatever price they can negotiate.

Doubling down on that hardline with players in 1a...nice! :)

Right, 99% of them should throw away their lives instead of show a little patience in the face of adversity.

Bravo.

Yeah. That will happen if all of them entered the portal.

Who is gonna play for the schools?

I thought they werent student athletes just football players.

Yeah. That will happen if all of them entered the portal.

Who is gonna play for the schools?

I thought they werent student athletes just football players.

I mean, there's going to be transfers no doubt. Probably impactful.

But the other major conferences don't have the roster room to absorb the entirety of the B1G and P12.

Most of those kids would basically be saying "i quit".

Reactions: jeans15
Where would these kids transfer to this season? They can’t just transfer right now to another school. Those schools have their scholarships all awarded and spoken for this season and NCAA doesn’t allow immediate transfers.

A million times this.

Edit: And i don't even care about the immeidate transfer part of it.

But the other major conferences don't have the roster room to absorb the entirety of the B1G and P12.

unless they're our players, in which case they'd be saying "i'm leaving bc of Coach Frost'.

Reactions: jflores

As opposed to being fired? All of the seniors that were counting on this season to improve their draft status should just suck it up?

As opposed to being fired? All of the seniors that were counting on this season to improve their draft status should just suck it up?

The OP didn't say "seniors" The title is "All B1G players".

Roughly 255 kids are selected for the draft. They aren't all in the B1G. The relative handful of kids this affects in our conference are able to be accomodated elsewhere. The entire B1G is not.

Teams wouldn't have to waste money on travel for recruiting.

Just check the B1G portal.

Boycott the conference if they allow kids back on campus.

Which is absolutely hypocritical.
If there was a guarantee that other conferences would play I think you would see a ton of transfers. Kids come to play, they don't want to sit and do nothing for another year. However we have no clue if those schools will even get a season either. At this point I think most kids will suck it up and wait this shit show out. You may see a few more than normal get homesick and transfer.

They could be recruited for the 2021 season too

It's to put pressure on the conference. They need players.
Would screw your freshmen class. Transfers count towards the 25, no?

I mean I get it. A few players highly coveted may be able to, but not a mass transfer. I’m still skeptical SEC or any other conference actually plays to be honest.

People could poach them for the 2021 class since thy cant play this year anyway.

they're going to play, and they'll finish the season. MLB went from laughing stock to zero positives in 6 days' time.

there will be issues, especially early, but the show will go on close to how it's currently scheduled.

Please don't take this an anything other than good-natured ribbing, but your guarantees haven't worked out too good lately.

People are grumpier than they were 6 months ago...I deal with people all over the United States daily...and this shut down and restrictions have killed more than just the economy. I hope people feel all this was worth it...cause the overall mood of the country has gone in the shitter since we did all this.

People are grumpier than they were 6 months ago...I deal with people all over the United States daily...and this shut down and restrictions have killed more than just the economy. I hope people feel all this was worth it...cause the overall mood of the country has gone in the shitter since we did all this.
My wife mentioned the other day this is our Groundhog Day, every morning wake up you turn on the radio or tv and it freaking covid on the national news the state new and the local new :eek:

I'm still waiting on all those scouting reports from the summer camps. :)
Ha well, I did say the SEC would play no matter what- still holding out hope there.

but, yes, I was wrong about the B1G season. My hand’s up. All ribbing, good natured or otherwise, is fair play.

A successful fall season for the 3 P5 leagues does give us hope of a meaningless spring exhibition, so there’s that, I suppose.

when it comes to weekly gladiatorial (guinea pig) events, what can I say. I prefer they wear scarlet and cream.

Would screw your freshmen class. Transfers count towards the 25, no?

I mean I get it. A few players highly coveted may be able to, but not a mass transfer. I’m still skeptical SEC or any other conference actually plays to be honest.

I’m not. I think those other conferences have real leadership and smell blood in the water. They know they have a chance to put the Big 10 in its place. It won’t be hard. They are playing 3D chess against a bunch of buffoons that couldn’t run a Bluth Banana stand. Honestly I hope I’m wrong.

IF the other conferences end up playing, what the B1G did is going to be a mini death penalty. The NCAA helped out by saying there will be no titles awarded for fall sports, but there are already a lot of grumblings coming out that our Huskers could have a mass exodus of players because of this. Other B1G teams are going to as well. The best thing at this point that happens for NU is to have the ACC & SEC shut it down or if they are going to play, go back to the Big 12. This could get real ugly for us and make things even worse.

Please show data to back up what you are saying.
It's called math.

Part of the Pac-12's issue was the speed in which tests results were coming back. They tended to be inconsistent not only among each member school, but among the schools.

If you're the AD at School A, and you're playing at School B.....and school B hasn't gotten their test results back from their most recent test (say, Tuesday...let alone any tests they've done since), and your team has a noon flight on Friday, do you in good faith send your team?

Last edited:
It's called math.

Part of the Pac-12's issue was the speed in which tests results were coming back. They tended to be inconsistent not only among each member school, but among the schools.

If you're the AD at School A, and you're playing at School B.....and school B hasn't gotten their test results back from their most recent test (say, Tuesday...let alone any tests they've done since), and your team has a noon flight on Friday, do you in good faith send your team?

According to Dr Rob Zachecka quote “Lawyer’s made this decision, it wasn’t medical”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT