ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Discussing Thanksgiving Week Start

Why wait till then? Just another arbitrary decision by the f’ing idiots running this conference. It’s really astounding to watch.

Reactions: c3o and bshirt73

I believe a poster on here has been stating this for weeks. apologies for no shoutout, you deserve it!
Don't mention it. I always advocated starting the season on Saturday Nov 7th because Covid won't be a big deal after the 3rd. Some posters disagreed because they feel nothing will be different in regard to Covid after the election. Rather than argue I'll wait and see and if there are no significant changes to Covid thought/policy after the election, and if not, I'll come back and admit I was wrong. But if the B1G starts their season in November, I already put that in the "change in Covid thought/policy" column.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
This is stupid- thanksgiving start? Ohio State and other legitimate contenders for playoff would be screwed. What’s the point if not included with power 5?
BTW my cousin in Michigan said there was a commercial by Joe Biden Campaign blaming Trump for Big10 not playing football- are they high or do they think people are THAT stupid.....look at your own governor Michigan

"Any plan will need the approval of university presidents and chancellors, and the Big Ten will only play if certain benchmarks related to the coronavirus - such as transmission rates, testing capacity and availability, and testing accuracy - are met in each of the 11 states that are home to the league's 14 schools."

Somehow I'm sure that Nebraska will be the one state that fails to meet their criteria so they can blame us for no football.

Besides two months what’s the difference in playing in September? I thought the virus gets worse is colder climate. This is getting more and more stupid by the hours. Maybe the big 10 officials with Kevin Warren should move their head quarters to Denver so they get stoned and make decisions then

Health experts believe this winter will be bad with coronavirus and the flu. It should be imperative to play as early as we can.

At some point, we have to stop listening to "experts"

They have been quite the opposite, actually

Reactions: bshirt73
At some point, we have to stop listening to "experts"

They have been quite the opposite, actually
They have been mostly right actually. They weren’t the dumba$$ who said no one would be talking about it after Valentines Day 2020. We can continue being dumb about it like you want but some of us want the economy to open back up again and for Nebraska to play football before Fall 2021. Covid numbers are trending up in the Midwest lately and that will make it more unlikely for the BiG TeN to reverse course. Be a patriot and wear a mask like Trump says so we can get back to some football.

They have been mostly right actually. They weren’t the dumba$$ who said no one would be talking about it after Valentines Day 2020. We can continue being dumb about it like you want but some of us want the economy to open back up again and for Nebraska to play football before Fall 2020. Covid numbers are trending up in the Midwest lately and that will make it more unlikely for the BiG TeN to reverse course. Be a patriot and wear a mask like Trump says so we can get back to some football.

Yeah, I was wrong - the hoax pushed into an election year and was used to fool dipshits like you. Mask up and grab your flu shot, it's scary out there

Anything that stars with "health experts believe" should be labeled with a fake news banner.
The next month will hopefully show that what the "experts previously believed" was total horseh### when it comes to college students and football. Large numbers of cases are being diagnosed in college kids the first week of school. Not surprising at all. There were large numbers of cases occurring in college age people all summer. They just for the most part weren't getting tested. IMO, this is one of the reasons the CDC changed their guidance on testing.

The next month will hopefully show that what the "experts previously believed" was total horseh### when it comes to college students and football. Large numbers of cases are being diagnosed in college kids the first week of school. Not surprising at all. There were large numbers of cases occurring in college age people all summer. They just for the most part weren't getting tested. IMO, this is one of the reasons the CDC changed their guidance on testing.

I would caution you on using the "large numbers of cases" garbage. It's not a large number of cases. I think last I read at UNL there's 186, out of 20,000 students.

Even with college student case panic positive tests continue to drop.

And we can't even reliably call a positive test a case anymore.

They have been mostly right actually. They weren’t the dumba$$ who said no one would be talking about it after Valentines Day 2020. We can continue being dumb about it like you want but some of us want the economy to open back up again and for Nebraska to play football before Fall 2021. Covid numbers are trending up in the Midwest lately and that will make it more unlikely for the BiG TeN to reverse course. Be a patriot and wear a mask like Trump says so we can get back to some football.

You're the type of gaslighter who pees on people and says it's raining.

Depending on how you look at things it might be more accurate to say they were wildly wrong. I think originally we heard 3 million deaths in this country with a 3-5% CFR. CFR for COVID is going to end up at less than .5% in the U.S. I guarantee you that message board posters from their mid 20s to mid 80s wearing masks will have nothing to do with us being able to resume football.

Widespread testing of college students is what is driving the numbers in the midwest. Two of my kid's roommates tested positive a couple of weeks ago while working in a rural community. One was mildly sick for 2 days. The other was asymptomatic. Good thing they hadn't just stepped on a college campus. Harvodd kept them safe by keeping them off campus. :rolleyes: Interestingly while in Omaha yesterday I witnessed lots of youngsters hanging out visiting in close proximity to one another without masks on. We're not going to change the behavior of that age of a person. COVID is going to continue to burn through colleges until they reach some degree of a population immunity.

I would caution you on using the "large numbers of cases" garbage. It's not a large number of cases. I think last I read at UNL there's 186, out of 20,000 students.

Even with college student case panic positive tests continue to drop.

And we can't even reliably call a positive test a case anymore.
Well in our area the promotion of testing on college campuses has caused a rise in positive tests in our counties.. We haven't seen a commensurate rise in hospitalizations though. It is logical that when you bring that many kids to a campus and confine them in rooms together that you're going to have more spread but who's to say that wasn't happening before they got on campus. The good news is that they will drive down our CFR to make this virus look even more insignificant. More testing? Isn't that what the politicians were screaming that we had to have? This thing will bounce around until they reach about a 20% immunity level then dwindle off to just a sporadic case or two here and there. Right now it's picking off kids who for the most part have been pretty isolated in their summer locations.

Well in our area the promotion of testing on college campuses has caused a rise in positive tests in our counties.. We haven't seen a commensurate rise in hospitalizations though. It is logical that when you bring that many kids to a campus and confine them in rooms together that you're going to have more spread but who's to say that wasn't happening before they got on campus. The good news is that they will drive down our CFR to make this virus look even more insignificant. More testing? Isn't that what the politicians were screaming that we had to have? This thing will bounce around until they reach about a 20% immunity level then dwindle off to just a sporadic case or two here and there. Right now it's picking off kids who for the most part have been pretty isolated in their summer locations.

Mass testing of college students is going to be another failed idea with PCR tests picking up dead virus cells and then calling it a case.

So, by Sep 12, we are going to have:
  • ACC and B12 playing football, among others, with SEC about to start.
  • NFL playing football.
  • MLB playing every day.
  • NBA playoffs in full swing.
  • WNBA in full swing.
  • NHL playoffs in full swing.
  • My high school daughter competing in her 4th volleyball game.
  • Her high school football team done with it's third game preparing for it's fourth.
And we are sitting home on our butts.

What a freaking embarrassment.

I don't want to believe there's a political element to our conferences' non-participation, but it's hard not to. We have the same exact data everyone else has.

Last edited:
Mass testing of college students is going to be another failed idea with PCR tests picking up dead virus cells and then calling it a case.

KABOOM!. There it is. Every single college aged person I'm aware has either had no symptoms or very mild ones lasting less than 48 hours. IF you kid is obese or has another health issue, by all means keep them at home.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT