ADVERTISEMENT

B1G commercial

Husker.Wed.

Athletic Director
Feb 13, 2004
Omaha Metro
I noticed the B1G commercial has added UCLA by showing the Rose Bowl with mountains in the background, but does not show USC. All the other schools are shown. I also noticed the Nebraska image has the stadium, PBA and the Husker Legacy Statue and a bunch of red balloons floating up. I think they are going to have to lose the balloons to keep up with the times.

If people are worried we are depleting a limited helium supply by releasing the balloons, why can't they just fill them with hydrogen?

I noticed the B1G commercial has added UCLA by showing the Rose Bowl with mountains in the background, but does not show USC. All the other schools are shown. I also noticed the Nebraska image has the stadium, PBA and the Husker Legacy Statue and a bunch of red balloons floating up. I think they are going to have to lose the balloons to keep up with the times.

If people are worried we are depleting a limited helium supply by releasing the balloons, why can't they just fill them with hydrogen?
The Rose Bowl has always been in the ad. Nothing new.

Hydrogen balloons could catch on fire. Imagine a bunch of balloons on fire raining down.

• Haha
Reactions: TheNewNU

the chinese are using all the helium for their balloooooooooons. it's the chinese communists

Hydrogen balloons could catch on fire. Imagine a bunch of balloons on fire raining down.
The more I think of it the more I like this idea. $5 for the balloons. $20 for a mini burn kit. All proceeds go to NIL.

Plus, can you imagine the cool visual when Fox pans out right after the first td of a night game and is about to go to commercial?

They‘ve always had that commercial and it hasn’t anything to do with UCLA …

It’s where the B1G champion plays… Now that we have playoffs if the champion is in the playoffs they take next highest ranked Big 10 team..

Last edited:
Im all for balloons filled with hydrogen. Especially really big ones flying over stadiums filled with thousands of people.

I always viscerally associate that CBS intro music with the SEC - it will take some getting used to

the fiesta bowl against Florida was on CBS when we won the NC as well and had the same intro music

Last edited:
They‘ve always had that commercial and it hasn’t anything to do with UCLA …

It’s where the B1G champion plays… Know that we have playoffs if the champion is in the playoffs they take next highest ranked Big 10 team..
Ahhhh,,,I get it, thanks. Must have seen that commercial a zillion times and never noticed the Rose Bowl until this BB season. I was just paranoid our USC brethren were getting snubbed by not having the Coliseum in the commercial.

Reactions: scarletred
I always viscerally associate that CBS intro music with the SEC - it will take some getting used to

the fiesta bowl against Florida was on CBS when we won the NC as well and had the same intro music

I remember it from watching OU Nebraska games on CBS... That happened right? Late 80s?

I can't wait to be reminded nightly about Big Ten legends such as Lew Alcindor, Jackie Robinson and Marcus Allen.

They'll probably leave O.J. out, though. The B1G is crafty that way.
While kugler wrangles a sky high Bill Walton at the press table

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT