ADVERTISEMENT

B1G all about changing rules mid year now (OSU)

If only someone could have predicted this problem months ago.

I don't care if they change the rule or not.

However, it outlines the complete uselessness of Kevin Warren and all the super-smart elites "running" this conference.

Average joe 6 pack could have (and did) predict this risk once the schedule was put together with no wiggle room or off weeks.

What a collection of useless gasbags run this conference.

The B1G deserves to be dragged across acres of mud and manure for their supposed thought leadership all season.

That said, I don’t mind them bending the rules for ohio to get into the playoff. They’re stupid, arbitrary rules to begin with.

Rules need to flex to protect the interests of its premier teams and thus the conference as a whole

bottom feeders need to understand that in order to keep the welfare checks nice and fat the top conference teams need to shine

Last edited:
If Ohio St beats MSU and Indiana losses today they should be in the CCG regardless if they didn’t play 6 games..

This conference doesn’t need to over think things every time...

Rules need to flex to protect the interests of its premier teams and thus the conference as a whole

bottom feeders need to understand that in order to keep the welfare checks they are collecting nice and fat the top conference teams need to shine
Sad but true. Been a fan since early 80’s. Never ever dreamed Nebraska would be a perennial bottom feeder and have zero respect outside the borders of Nebraska. Was really hoping Frost would change it, but Frost has been lost so far.

I couldn't care less what they decide. OSU is clearly the best team in the league. So they get to call the shots. Just like we did, along with OU, in our old conference. If anyone on this board thinks NU didn't get its way most of the time in conference decisions think again. If we want to have that clout again we need to stop pissing down our own legs and making a total mockery of NU football. WE are our own worst enemy. Not Warren. Not the B1G. Not some dude clapping on the sideline. Not some refs who won't call holding against other teams. WE are. We have not fielded a good football team in about 10 years. And it has been more than 20 years since we fielded a great team.

I am tired of all of the whining pussies. We need to win and that will cure everything.

bottom feeders need to understand that in order to keep the welfare checks nice and fat the top conference teams need to shine

Minnesota sucks.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I couldn't care less what they decide. OSU is clearly the best team in the league. So they get to call the shots. Just like we did, along with OU, in our old conference. If anyone on this board thinks NU didn't get its way most of the time in conference decisions think again. If we want to have that clout again we need to stop pissing down our own legs and making a total mockery of NU football. WE are our own worst enemy. Not Warren. Not the B1G. Not some dude clapping on the sideline. Not some refs who won't call holding against other teams. WE are. We have not fielded a good football team in about 10 years. And it has been more than 20 years since we fielded a great team.

I am tired of all of the whining pussies. We need to win and that will cure everything.

We got our way in the Big 12? News to me.

We got our way in the Big 12? News to me.
Think Big 8. OU and NU called the shots.
And it is actually revisionist Osborne generated bullshit that Texas called all the shots in the Big 12. Osborne was just pissed because he was used to Nebraska being one of the two bullies in the Big 8, and once in the Big 12 that ended. Nevertheless, Nebraska got more deference from the Big 12 than most Nebraska fans will admit

Last edited:
If only someone could have predicted this problem months ago.

I don't care if they change the rule or not.

However, it outlines the complete uselessness of Kevin Warren and all the super-smart elites "running" this conference.

Average joe 6 pack could have (and did) predict this risk once the schedule was put together with no wiggle room or off weeks.

What a collection of useless gasbags run this conference.

Our country is being destroyed by overly educated, unintelligent, useless people.

I mean they revisited to holding calls on Nebraska opponents. So anything is possible.

Reactions: huntered
Are you all upset because you are hoping the SEC can get another team into the CFP? Or are you rooting for Indiana? Surely fellow Husker fans realize that allowing OSU to play for the conference championship (which it certainly deserves) helps us. Otherwise the Big 10 gets shut out of the CFP and yet another year it does not have a national champion.

Are you all upset because you are hoping the SEC can get another team into the CFP? Or are you rooting for Indiana? Surely fellow Husker fans realize that allowing OSU to play for the conference championship (which it certainly deserves) helps us. Otherwise the Big 10 gets shut out of the CFP and yet another year it does not have a national champion.
No one cares if they change something, it’s about how selective they are in something so fluid.

Reactions: timnsun
B1G would be silly not to flex here...as much as I dislike this conference, it's a smart move.
It would be absolutely stupid to not get OSU in to the conference title game if they don't play next weekend. Wisconsin on the other hand after they "opted" to not play deserves to stay home the rest of the season and play every game on the road next year.

Time to stop whining about every little GD thing.
Not really a little thing... we tried to schedule a game in place of the Wisconsin game and were shut down. Then a few weeks later when OSU was faced with a similar fate, the B1G says, go ahead and schedule another game if you want.

The B1G said you need at least 6 games to make the conference championship game. Now that OSU (and Wisconsin, I might add) are in a place where they might not get that 6th game, the conference once again is attempting to change things up. So predictable.

I’m not opposed to Ohio State in the conference championship game. They are clearly the best in the conference and deserve to be there. I just loathe the way the conference works in a reactionary way rather than being proactive about things.

Not really a little thing... we tried to schedule a game in place of the Wisconsin game and were shut down. Then a few weeks later when OSU was faced with a similar fate, the B1G says, go ahead and schedule another game if you want.

The B1G said you need at least 6 games to make the conference championship game. Now that OSU (and Wisconsin, I might add) are in a place where they might not get that 6th game, the conference once again is attempting to change things up. So predictable.

I’m not opposed to Ohio State in the conference championship game. They are clearly the best in the conference and deserve to be there. I just loathe the way the conference works in a reactionary way rather than being proactive about things.
IMO, IF the B1G was smart, they would change the rules TODAY before it becomes evident that they have to to benefit OSU. Do it UNANIMOUSLY TODAY in order to remove any doubt that the conference believed it was the right and fair thing to do. OSU and Nebraska have been the victims of the B!G's rules. Moos IMO should be a leader in this thing as well. Wanting other schools to get jobbed because we did is just petty....well unless it's Iowa or Wisconsin and then it's completely justified.

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT