ADVERTISEMENT

B-Ball

How many games do we have this week? At one time we had games Wed, Thur, and Saturday- but the Thursday and Saturday opps opted out.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Yeah man, I couldn't agree more on the excitement level for watching hoops this week. But I'm super confused as to who/when we're playing??? Last I head the Golden Shower Showcase is us vs. Chadron?

Chadron St and Chadron High.

that Neb hosted event folded like origami

original teams:

The schools participating in the event are Nebraska, LSU, Saint Louis, Northern Iowa, Western Kentucky, San Francisco, Nevada and Illinois State.

within hours of announcing a schedule everyone backed out - except Nevada and they added Chadron State

Saint Louis U is hosting there own event and took LSU with them

Sioux Falls is hosting a larger - better event in a high school gym.

What happened? Or is this just another item filed under the broad - but fitting category of gross incompetence by the athletic department

original teams:

The schools participating in the event are Nebraska, LSU, Saint Louis, Northern Iowa, Western Kentucky, San Francisco, Nevada and Illinois State.

within hours of announcing a schedule everyone backed out - except Nevada and they added Chadron State

What happened? Or is this just another item filed under the broad - but fitting category of gross incompetence by the athletic department
The Sioux Falls event is not in a high school gym. Do your research before you troll and they've had teams back out also.

the "pentagon" is basically a high school gym -- they might as well hold in the corn palace
I take it you haven't been there. Yes it's small seating wise but there's box suites around it and it's set up to hold large AAU tournaments on multiple playing surfaces surrounding it. It's not a high school gym. I went there to the Nebraska vs Okie State game a few years ago. I think the Gophers, Minnesota and Iowa State have all played there among other power 5 programs.

Any idea what the starting lineup will look like? My best guess:

G - Banton
G - McGowens
G - Allen
F - Mayen
F - Ouedraogo

Could also see Kobe Webster start, or maybe we start 4 guards? Keep in mind Banton is 6'9" and Allen is 6'6"

G - Banton
G - McGowens
G - Allen
F - Mayen
F - Ouedraogo

Could also see Kobe Webster start, or maybe we start 4 guards? Keep in mind Banton is 6'9" and Allen is 6'6"
It's going to be really interesting to see how Hoiberg works out the rotation. Your guess is good, but there are going to be guys gunning for spots! I love Thor so will be watching to see if he remains a contributor or will have limited minutes. Should be fun!

FWIW I don't really think the event falling apart reflects at all on NU's athletic department. in a short season, RPI is going to matter more than ever.

we provide only downside in that respect. playing NU in hoops is a lose-lose proposition for outsiders looking to bolster their tourney creds. this isn't new for us.

G - Banton
G - McGowens
G - Allen
F - Mayen
F - Ouedraogo

That looks about right to me. That lineup can win games imo.

G - Banton
G - McGowens
G - Allen
F - Mayen
F - Ouedraogo

original teams:

Are there no contracts involved ? I don't understand how teams can seemingly get out of an event you agreed to, and then go on to do your own event or game ?

I take it you haven't been there. Yes it's small seating wise but there's box suites around it and it's set up to hold large AAU tournaments on multiple playing surfaces surrounding it. It's not a high school gym. I went there to the Nebraska vs Okie State game a few years ago. I think the Gophers, Minnesota and Iowa State have all played there among other power 5 programs.

ya but the corn palace has murals made of corn - I’d say it’s a push

So what are realistic expectations for NU Hoops this season? I can’t imagine we should expect a run at the NCAA tournament this year, but can we at least expect a better team than last year?

Reactions: Anegada1
So what are realistic expectations for NU Hoops this season? I can’t imagine we should expect a run at the NCAA tournament this year, but can we at least expect a better team than last year?
I personally think NIT with an outside shot to go to the dance.

Are there no contracts involved ? I don't understand how teams can seemingly get out of an event you agreed to, and then go on to do your own event or game ?

a competent athletic department would have had contracts that made it difficult to back out at the last second

heck I think a couple of teams pulled out of the Neb Univ event and are now playing in the Sioux Falls event hosted in their rec center

• Haha
Reactions: Anegada1 and WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT