ADVERTISEMENT

Austin Peay played...

... and we didn’t.... weird world...
I guess the B1G takes on new meaning. Now it stands for "big" dummies.

Maybe they will be proven right in the end but right at this moment the B1G has become a national laughing stock. All these rumors about different start dates secretly being considered and no clarity on the process or votes don't help that reputation one bit. B1G really, really needs someone who better understands PR.

Take a stand (whatever that is), explain the rationale/votes behind it and stick with it. That's more effective PR than all this wishy washy secrecy.

Maybe they will be proven right in the end but right at this moment the B1G has become a national laughing stock. All these rumors about different start dates secretly being considered and no clarity on the process or votes don't help that reputation one bit. B1G really, really needs someone who better understands PR.

Take a stand (whatever that is), explain the rationale/votes behind it and stick with it. That's more effective PR than all this wishy washy secrecy.

And its going to look a heck of a lot worse tomorrow when they file their response with the court.

Reactions: bluenrg

The B1G is a lesson in just how quickly a formerly sterling reputation can be flushed right down the toilet.

Makes you wonder if anybody is in charge. Don't the Presidents/Chancellors care any more? Who's running this s**t show any way?

Can imagine playing 3 MONTHS from now?

What a joke- the more games are played safely with high ratings the more the BIG 10 (and the presidents with loss of jobs and revenue) will look like clowns. If I was a president at say Michigan I’d be sweating right now.... hell even Scott Van Pelt (Maryland grad) is shitting on their “pig trophy” plan

Can imagine playing 3 MONTHS from now?

What a joke- the more games are played safely with high ratings the more the BIG 10 (and the presidents with loss of jobs and revenue) will look like clowns. If I was a president at say Michigan I’d be sweating right now.... hell even Scott Van Pelt (Maryland grad) is shitting on their “pig trophy” plan
Maryland grads don't understand the rich history of the trophy games. Maybe one day they will be blessed to have a corporately-manufactured rivalry game trophy to point at as a source of pride.

The Big Ten has been around for 124 years, 118 without Maryland. I think the Big Ten will be fine without them.

Sorry, Michael Wilbon took over my keyboard for a moment.

Seems like it. However, we need to wait for the body count from last night's contest. I saw many stone-cold killers wearing their masks like chin straps.:rolleyes: Seriously, the coaches masked up made for a funny scene in an earlier, high school game. Coach dutifully wearing it until he huddles up with his crew, pulls it down, and starts yelling (moistly, I am sure) encouragement and Instructions to the young men. Poor kids never saw it coming, and really didn't stand a chance!

If there is no evidence of a spike from this game they ought to open the gates and play starting 2nd week in Sept. That's my stand. Also, I'd fire Kevin Warren. He hasn't been transparent, up front and I haven't seen any rationale discussion about good alternatives. Something stinks about this.

Reactions: dinglefritz
L
weren’t we told that we would have multiple casualties. And have players hurling all over themselves. Besides from the egg on our faces from expecting the worse, seems like our leaders were being a bit over dramatic. In before some troll says like 9 players are espoused but hides the fact that only 1 is showing symptoms or even had a spiked fever.o_O

If there is no evidence of a spike from this game they ought to open the gates and play starting 2nd week in Sept. That's my stand. Also, I'd fire Kevin Warren. He hasn't been transparent, up front and I haven't seen any rationale discussion about good alternatives. Something stinks about this.

Bingo! Warren needs to go, dude has not been forthcoming about anything and frankly is not good in interviews either

Reactions: DrRedDuke

Even if there is a spike, it is a meaningless stat or problem. What happens when the players start coming down with the flu and they will? The flu will bog down the health of the team long before Covid does.
Positive tests for Corona have to leave the headlines, they are worthless and prove absolutely nothing unless you want to create panic and fear.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Even if there is a spike, it is a meaningless stat or problem. What happens when the players start coming down with the flu and they will? The flu will bog down the health of the team long before Covid does.
Positive tests for Corona have to leave the headlines, they are worthless and prove absolutely nothing unless you want to create panic and fear.

I agree with your point up to a certain degree.

I think that the mortality rate for covid has been much less during these summer months due to decreased viral loads with being outside and warmer temps. I think that the mortality stats are skewed upward due to a number of things. The more people that get it now means less people will get it during the flu season when conditions are primed for bigger exposure and more mortality risk.

Even with a spike I think they should play unless a bunch of players are affected at a certain position then you might have to cancel a game or two. Do what MLB has done. They seem to have a workable plan.

So I agree with you more or less. So yes, maybe I should take the spike line out of my original post.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT