ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn Bringing Hugh Freeze Back to the SEC

But everyone can buy players now. What will he do at Auburn to stand out?

ed241e72-da58-48eb-965d-a11dd3a5b2a3_text.gif

Last edited:
Who‘s the poster on the board that slimmy Freeze was his home run hire for us?

He’s actually a good coach, at least talking about wins and losses and looking like a real football team. He will do ok, don’t know what that translates to in wins now that UGA is good, Bama is Bama, Kelly is at LSU, Tenn is good, Miss and MSU are no pushovers and ATM has load of talent at least. The SEC is just nasty right now

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
There is not enough money for me to coach at Auburn. Freeze will be gone in 2-3 years. He will join the rest of the fired coaches left in Auburn's wake. Too high opinion of themselves in a conference thst is over their heads.

Yeah I know I could Google but, these weren't the fans that poisoned a rivals tree were they? Or was that a different school.

Yeah I know I could Google but, these weren't the fans that poisoned a rivals tree were they? Or was that a different school.
It was their tree!

“They put a Cam Newton jersey on the statue of Bear Bryant!” was, I believe, the defense given for the crime committed by some Bama yokel/finebaum caller (where he admitted to the crime live on air)

Again I say - this is why sports are the best

This was a great year for available coaches, better than I remember in a very long time, if not ever....there were/are, at least a half dozen legit coaches tbat either were or are available. That is not always the case...and Freeze is the best Auburn was going to do and should be a great hire for them.

Freeze is probably going to win a lot of games at Auburn. He had Ole Miss 5 in the nation at one point beating Nick Sabans Crimson Tide....twice.

He is one of those coaches who can take what talent he inherited and get them playing focused. He develops well.

And he wins his bowl games...

Reactions: OAHU-SKER
Great press conference, great speaker, you could tell he’s sincere about what he’s saying.

I especially like how he immediately singled out Cadillac Williams and how important it was to keep him on the staff as AHC and RBs coach.

He said it’s not about ego or pride, but how do we get this thing done together and hopefully get everyone to follow our lead.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a quick turnaround at Auburn.

Reactions: Sinomatic
ADVERTISEMENT