ADVERTISEMENT

attn user @J_A_

blkshrtdynasty

Head Coach
Aug 10, 2003
ICBB Class 0 bobot
(@J_A_ )

As I see the "mod" almost certainly known as Biff Britches locked a good thread for not being rough and tumble enough, I will start a new thread to address your question below (your response was in bold, while the hater is in italics)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't know your husker history? Really? Really?

When frank named bobby Newcombe the starter, Eric quit the team for a little while... Charlie was comparing the situations... Not the talent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
We need an expert in Husker History, especially the home grown cornfed walkon portion concerning the aforementioned 2 players. @jw.3@blkshrtdynasty, if your caseload isnt too overwhelming, can you please set the record straight.

If I recall, EC simply threw out his shoulder during harvest, probably throwing hay bails.

First, I want to thank you for raising awareness of this important matter. I had received many urgently flagged emails about this, and despite my heavy case load of helicopter custody suits for billionaire divorces, it is important for me, an insider, to set the record straight heretofore.

On the date in question, it is alleged that Eric Crouch walked out of practice in protest of one Bobby Newcombe being handed the starting job. The real story is quite different. Crouch and Newombe were merrily practicing being quarterbacks together as they had long done since childhood.

BN: "Isn't being a quarterback great, Eric Crouch?"

EC: "Sure is, Bobward my old friend. What a terrific day to be here on this hallowed Dr. Thom field practicing our chosen craft in complete harmony with one another"

(enter delivery boy): "Telegram for Mr. Crouch! Mr. Eric Crouch!"

EC: "I'm Eric Crouch." (reads his telegram) "Bobby. Oh no. Oh no this cannot be."

BN: "What is it, Eric, my friend and equal competitor on the field and also arena of life?"

EC: "Momma's sick. Roblord, you must take this football. Take into your football hands, and with it, make the finest football moves ever made by a footballman wearing the scarlet and cream. The job is yours for I must go with haste"

And with that, Eric ran from the field and ran all the way back to the family farmstead just North of Gretna. He shared a few final, tender moments with his mother at her bedside.

EC: "Momma, what's my destiny?"

Mamie Crouch: "Eric, you're going to have to find that out for yourself. Life is like an asshole, everybody has one."

She got the cancer and died on a Tuesday. He bought her a new hat with little flowers on it.

Eric spent the next 2 years managing the family farm. He'd plow the fields by hand all day, and honed his triple option skills by practicing with his barnyard animals by night.

In 2001, Crouch finally realized his destiny when he became the first walk-on to win the Heisman Trophy.

I hope that clears things up but I'm sure the truth will just fall on deaf, hater ears. In between cases next time I'll tell you about how Taylor Martinez running out of practice was actually due to a terrorist threat that a city bus would explode if he ever stopped running.

Last edited:
Many thanks, @blkshrtdynasty I knew there was more to it. We are fortunate here on tFreeBoard to have such deep insider access by virtue of RSS heavy weights such as yourself. Please apoligize to your clients for the time it took to once again clear EC's name, once and for all.

@jw.3 if you don't have the grand babies this weekend, and you get a break in between your qb guru camps/client interviews, maybe you can enlighten tFB about the walkon process of old in locking down the NE borders and landing diamonds in the rough such as Grant Winstroms, the Peters brothers, and Tommy Frazier.

Either way, we true fans on tFB are most appreciative of the TRUTH during these tough times at DONU! It's a jungle over here

Reactions: blkshrtdynasty
Many thanks, @blkshrtdynasty I knew there was more to it. We are fortunate here on tFreeBoard to have such deep insider access by virtue of RSS heavy weights such as yourself. Please apoligize to your clients for the time it took to once again clear EC's name, once and for all.

@jw.3 if you don't have the grand babies this weekend, and you get a break in between your qb guru camps/client interviews, maybe you can enlighten tFB about the walkon process of old in locking down the NE borders and landing diamonds in the rough such as Grant Winstroms, the Peters brothers, and Tommy Frazier.

Either way, we true fans on tFB are most appreciative of the TRUTH during these tough times at DONU! It's a jungle over here
I was of course dining at one of the most exclusive spots on the strip with the Contessa when I received urgent notification that my presence was required in this thread. Now as many know, the name "Farley" in Western Nebraska is synonymous with sugar beets, as the Farley's have the finest sugar beet farm in all of Deuel Co. Young Terrell was a promising athlete at local South Platte High, but as a prep, he focused solely on wrestling at the behest of his overbearing father Jozef, a national champion freestyle wrestler in his native Slovakia. But he knew his true future lay in taking over the sugar beet empire that Jozef and his wife Marta had cultivated.

Now in those times, a young, strapping assistant coach by the name of Craig Bohl was in charge of recruiting Western Nebraska and in the tradition of the day, he did all of his recruiting only at wrestling meets, so as not to risk accidentally recruiting a basketball player. Now my memory of the specifics are a bit fuzzy, but I believe it was at a meet in '92 in Grant, Nebraska, where Bohl first spotted young Terrell on the mat. Bohl was smitten. He immediately noted the predatory instincts and cat-like quickness, honed from a lifetime of catching and strangling raccoons by hand on the farmstead. He had the knees reminiscent of Trev Alberts (coincidentally from nearby Sutherland High) and the hip angles of a Barnabus Cotton, the All-American from Ansley.

It was the tradition at the time that all recruitments were arranged by the parents--i.e., to get Terrell to walk-on to the football team at dear old Nebraska U, that Bohl had to go through Jozef and Marta. With the drought on and Jozef hitting the liquor more than ever, Bohl had a near impossible task ahead. It wasn't until he enlisted the help of head coach Thom Osborne, who charmed Jozef with stories of his own upbringing on a turnip farm and promised that a college degree in agriculture would prepare Terrell to take over the farm, that Bohl was finally able to secure Terrell Farley as a preferred walk-on in the spring of '93, and the rest is history.

Ho-Lee-Fook, @gaydoubleyou.3 on the free board, we're blessed he took time from burping little Horass to show himself here.

Reactions: J_A_
I was of course dining at one of the most exclusive spots on the strip with the Contessa when I received urgent notification that my presence was required in this thread. Now as many know, the name "Farley" in Western Nebraska is synonymous with sugar beets, as the Farley's have the finest sugar beet farm in all of Deuel Co. Young Terrell was a promising athlete at local South Platte High, but as a prep, he focused solely on wrestling at the behest of his overbearing father Jozef, a national champion freestyle wrestler in his native Slovakia. But he knew his true future lay in taking over the sugar beet empire that Jozef and his wife Marta had cultivated.

Now in those times, a young, strapping assistant coach by the name of Craig Bohl was in charge of recruiting Western Nebraska and in the tradition of the day, he did all of his recruiting only at wrestling meets, so as not to risk accidentally recruiting a basketball player. Now my memory of the specifics are a bit fuzzy, but I believe it was at a meet in '92 in Grant, Nebraska, where Bohl first spotted young Terrell on the mat. Bohl was smitten. He immediately noted the predatory instincts and cat-like quickness, honed from a lifetime of catching and strangling raccoons by hand on the farmstead. He had the knees reminiscent of Trev Alberts (coincidentally from nearby Sutherland High) and the hip angles of a Barnabus Cotton, the All-American from Ansley.

It was the tradition at the time that all recruitments were arranged by the parents--i.e., to get Terrell to walk-on to the football team at dear old Nebraska U, that Bohl had to go through Jozef and Marta. With the drought on and Jozef hitting the liquor more than ever, Bohl had a near impossible task ahead. It wasn't until he enlisted the help of head coach Thom Osborne, who charmed Jozef with stories of his own upbringing on a turnip farm and promised that a college degree in agriculture would prepare Terrell to take over the farm, that Bohl was finally able to secure Terrell Farley as a preferred walk-on in the spring of '93, and the rest is history.

It's factual stories like this that keep me bleeding scarlet and cream. On behalf of tFB, i want to thank RRS LEGENDS @blkshrtdynasty and @jw.3 for giving us all a reminder of the true roots of our beloved Huskers.

Shoot, I bet @Bobfather could even corroborate the above Terrell Farley wrestling story, and even share with us how TF's talents projected into the professional world wrestling federation had he stayed the course. If you ask me, had TF stayed in wrestling, we never would've heard of Steve Austin. What say you @Mr.McGiblets ?

Reactions: blkshrtdynasty
Ho-Lee-Fook, @gaydoubleyou.3 on the free board, we're blessed he took time from burping little Horass to show himself here.

No question, HTO. I remember the good old days when you and I were both subscribed to RRS and had access to these insiders on a daily basis. This is unquestionably a rare and blessed occassion.

#sodgs

Reactions: HuskerTimOmaha
@Bobfather and @Mr.McGiblets are typically on the same page in terms of projecting high school wrestling talent into the WWF/WWE/WCW/ECW. My hope is either, or both, can bless tFB with a quick analysis of Terrell Farley's would-be-pro-wrestling-career, or any other Nebraska native for that matter, who ended up giving their lives to DONU football instead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT