Attack on anti-racism

nelsonj22

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Really good article

For Kendi, it is not a case of imposing leftwing groupthink; it is being honest about America’s history, warts and all, and acknowledging that racism is not a jumble of individual prejudices but a pattern that locks in privilege or the lack of it.

^^^that is truth

biscuitbagger3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2009
Really good article

For Kendi, it is not a case of imposing leftwing groupthink; it is being honest about America’s history, warts and all, and acknowledging that racism is not a jumble of individual prejudices but a pattern that locks in privilege or the lack of it.

^^^that is truth
Lots of people misunderstand the whole privilege conversation. They take it as a personal attack on them or that shaming them is the goal of the discussion.

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
The sad part is most dumb conservatives don't realize they have been duped into becoming a tool for advancing the southern cause of rolling back minority rights. Bunch of fools.
truly is sad, I don't honestly think they are bad people just believe bad people

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2001
Really good article

^^^that is truth

George Floyd- 385 days drug and crime free.

Jaemekon

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
Really good article

^^^that is truth

I don't listen to racists though, and Kendi is a self proclaimed racist. I'm good.

Npj0.gif

Also, anti-racism is just neo-racism.

Reactions: JOHNNY N

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Really good article

^^^that is truth

Have you ever heard Kendi talk? That guy is just as racist as a KKK person, but in different skin color. The guy is a cancer to society.

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Alot of "attacking the messenger not the message" ITT

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Alot of "attacking the messenger not the message" ITT
I tend to not point out remarks by Hitler and Farraclown and say hey they make some good points here. Kendi is a total racist piece of garbage and should be dismissed as a terrible person who has nothing to contribute. He is completely racist in every way.

He actually doesn't make good points as his teachings state people came here to enslave people and I'm 100% the puritans who came here absolutely didn't come here to enslave people. He should educate himself on reality as he is a complete idiot.

Reactions: JOHNNY N

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
What's a cuck? I know it sounds cool and classy.
Dude that enjoys dudes banging their wife while they sit in a corner with a bottle of Jurgens lotion.

I guess if you like being a bitch it's a great time 🤷‍♂️

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
I tend to not point out remarks by Hitler and Farraclown and say hey they make some good points here. Kendi is a total racist piece of garbage and should be dismissed as a terrible person who has nothing to contribute. He is completely racist in every way.
Derp derp derp, you can't deny anything in the article so you attack ONE of the sources in it.

Great job, sorry if the truth hurts you 🤷‍♂️

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Nobody read it. So there's that.
Here so you and others don't have to click the link, then your ignorance is inexcusable

A whitewashing of history is under way in red state America. Republican officials are proposing numerous laws to ban school teachers from emphasizing the role of systemic racism in shaping the nation.
And every reactionary backlash needs a scapegoat. Conservatives have settled on two prominent people of colour to accuse of indoctrinating American children: Nikole Hannah-Jones, a journalist who oversaw the 1619 Project, and Ibram X Kendi, author of the influential book How to Be an Antiracist

Kendi believes the movement is a concerted rightwing effort to reverse the racial awakening in America sparked a year ago by the police murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis.
“I do think there’s a concerted backlash from people who recognize that this time last year a growing number of Americans were either speaking out against racism or growing an awareness of the problem of racism,” he told the Guardian via Zoom from Boston.

“That growing awareness has put a spotlight on certain policies and certain ideas and even certain people who have been facilitating systemic racism and so those very people are like, ‘How do we turn off the spotlight? How do we make the problem the people identifying us and our racism as the actual problem as opposed to racism itself?’”
With Republicans out of power in Washington, but still in control of many state houses, education has become the latest battleground in America’s “culture wars”. Legislation aiming to curb how teachers talk about race has been considered by at least 15 states, according to research by Education Week.
A bill in Texas would promote a patriotic version of history while banning critical race theory – which examines how racism is embedded in law and institutions – and playing down references to slavery and anti-Mexican discrimination. A bill in Ohio would ban teaching that any individual is “inherently racist” or that slavery “constitutes the true founding” of the US.

The offensive is being cheered on by rightwing media outlets such as Fox News, and Washington thinktanks such as the Heritage Foundation, which stoke outrage against Kendi and critical race theory as purveyors of dangerous and divisive ideas.
The 38-year-old academic reflects: “It’s been regular and constant in terms of personally being targeted in ways it’s difficult for me to swallow because oftentimes it’s people completely misrepresenting me and my work. And then people who haven’t read my work, or who haven’t seen me speak about what it means to be antiracist, just then go along with what people are saying.”

About a decade ago, he recalls, a white nationalist conjured the phrase “Antiracist is code for antiwhite” and, along with white supremacist organisations, posted it on billboards in white communities across the US. “And now you have people who claim they’re not white nationalists arguing that those of us who are identifying and recognising the existence of structural racism are actually saying that white people are inherently evil or bad or racist when that’s not what we’re saying. We’re saying what’s inherently bad is racism.”

A similar playbook of demonisation has been used against the former secretary of state Hillary Clinton, congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and infectious diseases expert Anthony Fauci. The abuse must get to Kendi sometimes? “In order to do this work, I’ve certainly had to develop a thick skin but I also understand the context of it,” he says.
“I’m a student of the history of racist ideas and so this current iteration of trying to get people in the United States and across the world to deny the existence of racism, or to close eyes to that reality – there’s a long and storied history of that.”
He adds: “Every generation, whether you’re talking about slave traders who tried to say to people in England or the Americas that the slave trade wasn’t wrong or it wasn’t violent or people weren’t dying or people weren’t making tremendous amounts of wealth upon it, or people who were saying that slavery is actually a positive good for Black people, or people who were saying that colonisers are civilising savages – this is just the newest iteration.”
I think it’s important to teach children that the problem is bad policy, not inferior peoples.

In April, Joe Biden’s administration proposed a rule promoting education programmes that address systemic racism and the legacy of American slavery. The rule quoted from Kendi’s writing and cited the 1619 Project, which re-examines the legacy of slavery. A group of 39 Republican senators responded with a letter that asserted: “Our nation’s youth do not need activist indoctrination that fixates solely on past flaws and splits our nation into divided camps.”

“I think it’s important to teach children the truth. I think it’s important to teach children about their world. I think it’s important to teach children that the problem is bad policy, not inferior peoples.
“I think it’s important to teach children that the cause of racial inequality and inequity in our society is the result of structural racism, not the behaviours or the cultures of those people of colour on the lower end. And if we do not teach children that people do not have more because they are more, what else are they going to conclude based on how unequal our societies are?”
Last month Hannah-Jones, a correspondent for the New York Times magazine, was not offered tenure in her new position at the University of North Carolina by the board of trustees despite its journalism department recommending her. More than 200 prominent figures signed a letter accusing the trustees of a “failure of courage” and warning of an attempt to ban frank conversation about American history in the classroom.

Hannah-Jones is being attacked because of her “excellence and brilliance”, Kendi argues. “The 1619 Project is one of the most important, if not the most important, projects that have been done in recent memory to really encourage and inspire and teach the American people to reckon with slavery and this nation’s history.

“That, to me, is the fundamental problem because instead of the American people to a woman and to a man lifting up Nikole Hannah-Jones and the contributors to the 1619 Project, while also critically engaging it and learning from it and chewing on it and providing constructive feedback, people are trying to diminish and destroy and harm.”
At least four of the state bills that curb teaching about the scope of racism have been signed into law. Critics argue that it is a ploy by Republicans to rally voters through identity politics in lieu of a substantive policy agenda, echoing former president Donald Trump’s creation of a 1776 Commission to combat “leftwing indoctrination” in schools. Kendi would not disagree.
“All they have left to say to their constituents is that white people are under attack and we’re going to defend you, even though white people are not under attack. Or if they are under attack, they’re under attack by their own elected officials who claim they’re pro-white.
“It certainly will work with some people. Other white Americans are realising that really sitting down and thinking, ‘What are my elected officials actually doing for my life other than trying to make me fear other people and other fellow Americans who don’t look like me?’
Oh, I definitely think Joe Biden has white privilege. Some white Americans are more open to what Biden has to say than certainly Barack Obama
“And when they start asking those questions – and I think people are – they start to realise they’re not really doing anything for me other than trying to get me to fear. And I need people who are going to actually support me and help me put food on the table for my family.”

Biden has earned praise for a legislative agenda centered on racial equity as never before, an administration unprecedented in its diversity – including the first woman of colour as vice-president – and a promise to move beyond Trump’s Mount Rushmore vision of history to a more frank accounting.
Speaking in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on the centenary of the race massacre in the city, Biden said: “We can’t just choose to learn what we want to know and not what we should know. We should know the good, the bad, everything. That’s what great nations do: they come to terms with their dark sides.”
Are such moves easier for Biden than for Barack Obama because he is white?

Kendi, founding director of the Boston University Center for Antiracist Research, replies: “Oh, I definitely think Joe Biden has white privilege. Some white Americans are more open to what Joe Biden has to say, or even is urging them to think in a different way or be different, than the first Black president and certainly Barack Obama.
“White Americans in general should just recognise that privilege. There’s certain things that a white American can say to another white American that would cause that white American to really reflect that I can’t say. Just like there are certain things I could say to a Black American that can cause that Black American to rethink something that a white American can’t. People should recognise that and be honest about that reality.”

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Derp derp derp, you can't deny anything in the article so you attack ONE of the sources in it.

Great job, sorry if the truth hurts you 🤷‍♂️
Can you read? Do you know the context he is talking about at ALL dude?

He says, "Republican officials are proposing numerous laws to ban school teachers from emphasizing the role of systemic racism in shaping the nation" That is due to pushback from the 1619 Project that teaches outright false facts. You get that? The nation was not founded for slavery. You get that right? The first people coming over did not come for slavery. Do you get that? Are you dense? He teaches that. That is WHAT he is talking about.

His claim about backlash about anti-racism is a laugher. The fact most murders are committed by certain people might be inconvenient to you and isn't due to systematic racism.

The 1619 Project talks about slavetraders, but in no place talks about people within Africa involved in the slave trade. How convenient considering tribes were the ones that most profited from the slave trade. Who captured these slaves for the slave trade? Ohh whoops that is not taught either.

whiteshoes97

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Are we able to argue any of his opinions without being deemed a racist, or should we just keep our mouths shut?

Reactions: nelsonj22

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Can you read? Do you know the context he is talking about at ALL dude?

He says, "Republican officials are proposing numerous laws to ban school teachers from emphasizing the role of systemic racism in shaping the nation" That is due to pushback from the 1619 Project that teaches outright false facts. You get that? The nation was not founded for slavery. You get that right? The first people coming over did not come for slavery. Do you get that? Are you dense? He teaches that. That is WHAT he is talking about.

His claim about backlash about anti-racism is a laugher. The fact most murders are committed by certain people might be inconvenient to you and isn't due to systematic racism.

The 1619 Project talks about slavetraders, but in no place talks about people within Africa involved in the slave trade. How convenient considering tribes were the ones that most profited from the slave trade. Who captured these slaves for the slave trade? Ohh whoops that is not taught either.
O so it focuses on America's part of the slave trade instead of other countries 🤣 DERP

• Angry
Reactions: EriktheRed

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
O so it focuses on America's part of the slave trade instead of other countries 🤣 DERP
The slave trade is a completely horrible institution that has existed ever since man has existed. It is not unique to the United States, which seems to be basically be taught with the 1619 clown project. It completely IGNORES people in Africa being involved. I'm assuming you see the problem there right? The Europeans who traded slaves should get the blame, people who bought them, but ALSO the tribes who captured and sold them.

Reactions: nelsonj22

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
The slave trade is a completely horrible institution that has existed ever since man has existed. It is not unique to the United States, which seems to be basically be taught with the 1619 clown project. It completely IGNORES people in Africa being involved. I'm assuming you see the problem there right? The Europeans who traded slaves should get the blame, people who bought them, but ALSO the tribes who captured and sold them.
No it is not unique but why do we need to learn African history when studying American history?

What happened in America is all I give a fvck about as I'm an American

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Also it is important to teach how racism, for most of our countries time, was used as a large force to keep minorities down rather than isolated incidents of hate. That's from society and Govt

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Also it is important to teach how racism, for most of our countries time, was used as a large force to keep minorities down rather than isolated incidents of hate. That's from society and Govt
Right and agree however the 1619 Project is not the way to do that buddy. That is Racism against whites with a side of Marxism. The teaching of that group are bogus.

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
No it is not unique but why do we need to learn African history when studying American history?

What happened in America is all I give a fvck about as I'm an American
I guess turn your blinders on how the people that peddle those courses say what happened was unique and talk about slavery and once again tell part of the story. If they are going to cover the topic you need to add the full context. If you are going to cover the slave trade into the USA at the beginning then tell us who was involved in the trade ya think?

I also wouldn't want my children to be taught in class how they can remove their whiteness as that would never be allowed for any other group. It's pure poison.

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Right and agree however the 1619 Project is not the way to do that buddy. That is Racism against whites with a side of Marxism. The teaching of that group are bogus.
What about past history are they distorting? Saying "white people were horrible and evil to minorities" for most of America's existence is not a lie.

Only addressing American issues without addressing mainland Africa issues isn't being bogus IMO 🤷‍♂️

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
I don’t believe race considerations should be incorporated into math or science. Doing so just makes our country dumber, and fighting against such an absurd curriculum hardly means people are against “anti-racism”
100% the fight against math and science is dumb.

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
I guess turn your blinders on how the people that peddle those courses say what happened was unique and talk about slavery and once again tell part of the story. If they are going to cover the topic you need to add the full context. If you are going to cover the slave trade into the USA at the beginning then tell us who was involved in the trade ya think?

I also wouldn't want my children to be taught in class how they can remove their whiteness as that would never be allowed for any other group. It's pure poison.
I've never heard any of them say slavery was only and American issue have you?

When talking about a serial killer must we reference all other serial killera to be unbiased to the atrocities of that one?

Edit: What you want to do is make yourself feel better and justify our countries beginnings

Reactions: Lar Gand

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Remove whiteness or inherent, generational biases? TIA

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
What about past history are they distorting? Saying "white people were horrible and evil to minorities" for most of America's existence is not a lie.

Only addressing American issues without addressing mainland Africa issues isn't being bogus IMO 🤷‍♂️

Ok this is so easy to answer it's not even funny.

What about past history are they distorting? Saying "white people were horrible and evil to minorities" for most of America's existence is not a lie. Absolutely there were a large group of people that were white that were horrible to minorities throughout history in our country. White people were also horrible to other white people also. The Italians and Irish hated each other. A lot of white people came to this country after slavery existed so for instance my relatives throughout the lines have nothing to do with the slave trade. That doesn't mean they couldn't have been mean to other people in the 1890's though and later. The 1619 Project creates false reasons for the founding of the country.

Only addressing American issues without addressing mainland Africa issues isn't being bogus IMO-How can you talk about the slave trade and not talk about what happened there. That is a completely bogus history by not addressing it. YOU are helping to continue this bogusness. If you just say the Europeans bought slaves and not mention WHO they bought them from and then saying anyone in Africa were all victims that makes NO sense whatsoever. So people coming over from Europe in the late 1800's were more responsible for the African-American slave trade (which was much larger in the Carribbean and South America) than the African who received proceeds for the sale? That's sick. A great example is Kamala Harris. Sorry Kamala you are way more responsible for that than I am.

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
I've never heard any of them say slavery was only and American issue have you?

When talking about a serial killer must we reference all other serial killera to be unbiased to the atrocities of that one?

Edit: What you want to do is make yourself feel better and justify our countries beginnings

Yes, I hear that all the time actually about how evil the United States was and how we were unique. We weren't.

HUSKERinLA

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
I think the whole "whiteness" thing is really nuanced AF.

I think it's actually OK to be opposed to a concept labeled "whiteness" that suggests someone who is "white" is inherently something different than someone who is not "white." This idea of "white" being different has historically led to the idea of "white" being better and should be opposed. Therefore, in one sense, opposition to "whiteness" as a concept of differentiation is a good thing.

However, it's not helpful, and in fact, counterproductive to oppose the concept of "whiteness" differentiation by saying "white" or "white" people are inherently bad, or inherently anything. Essentially, it's the same thing in reverse. It's saying that "whiteness" is inherently bad, when it's not really "whiteness" that's bad, it's "racial differentiation" that's bad. This is one of the areas where the well-intentioned "anti-racism" of people like Kendi goes too far into an unproductive, and indeed, polarizing "racialism." Not racism, but racialism.

Latest posts